Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,750 comments
It's best to go into this without any specific expectations, and just see what happens.
As difficult as that may be with a 9 day wait until the news, and speculation left and right.

No expectations means less chance of potentially being disappointed, and a higher chance of appreciating what we do get.

Last edited:
Good old Mark. Asset to the community. Such a lovely guy.
At least am not lying about “information” and then walking around like am some dataminer though, put your money where your mouth is and tell the people what’s coming then.
I liked how he got so angry about being called out he went back to edit in an insult just to make sure we know how angry he is.
There there. It’s ok, just telling how I feel as an asset to the community after all.

At least am not lying about “information” and then walking around like am some dataminer though, put your money where your mouth is and tell the people what’s coming then.
Like Will told you what was coming? You seemed to trust him - or is it just because it was something negative for you to moan about and that's what you like to spend your time doing on Twitter?
I'm not asking you to believe me I just think you're a bit pathetic.

Last edited:
Because my credits are maxed at 100M. Credits won through gameplay wont go above 100M.
So I hold the tickets won through out the month and wait for the new update.
When the new update comes, I buy all the new cars, parts and engine swaps available, and then pay for all of it with the tickets I was holding.
But the tickets expire after 1 month.
Okay. I guess either spend the credits on something else now or just let them expire. If you're sat on 100M credits it's not as if you're short of credits and will miss the expired ones.

Because my credits are maxed at 100M. Credits won through gameplay wont go above 100M.
When the new update comes, I buy all the new cars, parts and engine swaps available, and then pay for all of it with the tickets I was holding.
Do you expect 5 more vehicles of 20 million each to appear in the next update?
Or is it some strange pathological disorder that makes you anxious if you don't have the maximum money you are allowed to store?

In any case you can buy with those 2 million and some credits some vehicle and if later sell it to recover part of that money to buy another new one from the update.

And beware that the game only lets you keep 2,000 vehicles in the garage so if you reach 2,000 vehicles and 100 million credits you will not be able to take advantage of any ticket.

First world problems.

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't have insider information, I will instead bring to your attention that a new online time trial has been added, themed after the Montreal live event's Nations Cup final race.

IMG_4541.jpeg

Last edited:
#richpeopleproblems
Wish I had that same problem! 🙂

As someone who doesn't have insider information, I will instead bring to your attention that a new online time trial has been added, themed after the Montreal live event's Nations Cup final race.

View attachment 1368088
Kaz and PD would rather be moving mountains than give GTPlanet players what they want...

ROad Atlanta is now in the middle of Montreal ??!!

For some reason, all this "Gran Turismo fans will be very happy with this update" teasing makes me think we'll have a classic original track back. No Gilles Villeneuve, no Motegi. Could be wrong though. 🤣

This or a classic GT car.

Leaning towards car because I still don’t feel like a new track is on the menu.

Feels like such a waste having a new track and not race in it at the event.

1.49 version "big one" :bowdown:
Clearly Kaz and PD are skipping the June update 1.49, it will be delay and reported to the July update 1.50.... bigger and more even

EDIT after seeing the front page post:
My bad, i didnt see the front page update until just now:

wow... hard to believe there is some PD communication... have GTPlanet been moaning loud enough to reach Kaz's ear ?

Last edited:
For some reason, all this "Gran Turismo fans will be very happy with this update" teasing makes me think we'll have a classic original track back. No Gilles Villeneuve, no Motegi. Could be wrong though. 🤣
Same, I don't see Gilles Villeneuve or Motegi as "Gran Turismo enthusiasts" exclusive items. Motegi is a little different but you can find this track here and there in different games.

I'm more expecting something to come back.

rlx
It's a racing game, not a banking simulator.
Not even gonna ask how many credits or cars you have...
Okay. I guess either spend the credits on something else now or just let them expire. If you're sat on 100M credits it's not as if you're short of credits and will miss the expired ones.
I know. Will probably buy some cars and sell when the update arrives. The thing is, this month was abnormally great in terms of credits earned from tickets.
Do you expect 5 more vehicles of 20 million each to appear in the next update?
Or is it some strange pathological disorder that makes you anxious if you don't have the maximum money you are allowed to store?

In any case you can buy with those 2 million and some credits some vehicle and if later sell it to recover part of that money to buy another new one from the update.

And beware that the game only lets you keep 2,000 vehicles in the garage so if you reach 2,000 vehicles and 100 million credits you will not be able to take advantage of any ticket.

First world problems.
When an update arrives, I buy everything. All cars, fully tune them, a second unit the new cars for a possible future engine swap, and a second unit for the available new engine swaps. Then I will do the new events and then I'll get back the money spent. Paying for part of that with credits from tickets held allows me to get the money back quicker and not have to grind so much.
Dunno how that can be considered a pathological disorder.
You must be a truly amazing phychiatrist, if you can diagnose a mental disorder so easily.
Always cracks me up when someone uses "first world problems" in an online forum.
Buy cars and sell them
Thats what I do in when PD skips a month.
#richpeopleproblems
Wish I had that same problem! 🙂
Try these:
IMG20240627145124.jpg
IMG20240627145039.jpgIMG20240627145014.jpg

If we're throwing stuff out there with no expectations attached, would a Valley of Red Rocks count as a classic track too?

Here's an image of Red Rock State Park, in Arizona:
IMG_4544.jpeg

And here's a circuit from another franchise set in the same place, near Sedona.
Sedona Raceway Park, from Forza:

IMG_4545.jpeg

Much like how Maple Valley took inspiration from Autumn Ring, I believe Sedona Raceway Park took inspiration from Red Rock Valley

Last edited:
Back