Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,750 comments
Clearly Kaz and PD are skipping the June update 1.49, it will be delay and reported to the July update 1.50.... bigger more even

EDIT after the front page post:
My bad, i didnt see the front page update just now:

wow... come PD communication... hard to believe
The July update is still numbered 1.49:

Don't do this to me...

Anyway, announcing Pikes Peak at a random e-sports event in Montreal, instead of at the actual event TWO WEEKS EARLIER would be the most PD thing ever.
Sorry no that's not a hint!
I'm just genuinely curious, it DID appear in GT2, which has tracks people do consider to be classics (Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, etc.) but Pikes Peak was certianly less used and it was also not the whole thing, so I'm just wondering how people see it.

Completely hypothetical question. Personally I don't really see it as a GT track.

Sorry no that's not a hint!
I'm just genuinely curious, it DID appear in GT2, which has tracks people do consider to be classics (Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, etc.) but Pikes Peak was certianly less used and it was also not the whole thing, so I'm just wondering how people see it.

Completely hypothetical question. Personally I don't really see it as a GT track.

I know it wasn't a "hint", not like an insider would be that on the nose.

But just you mentioning it makes me weak lol. For me, the single most annoying thing about the GT franchise is them squandering that license.

isn't Pikes Peaks a public road.... so why do we need license... sorry i am not a lawyer so i dont know about these things.

Note: word of advice, there is Pikes Peak name Police around here, they dont want us to refer to Pikes Peaks as Pikes Peaks, i have been cursed before for that... imagine that... so i would recommend you to refer to it accordingly to its proper name....

For some reason, all this "Gran Turismo fans will be very happy with this update" teasing makes me think we'll have a classic original track back. No Gilles Villeneuve, no Motegi. Could be wrong though. 🤣

where was this statement made, by whom ?

Last edited:
Well this makes a change from the usual silhouette teasers from Kaz.
Does make one think it could be a bit bigger of an update than normal, but we shouldn't set expectations for our own sanity lol.

Whatever is in the update, it seems that it's not going to be used in the live event races themselves, unless we see a couple new cars in the Watkins Glen Nations Cup race.

---------

In other news, this is a cool development from earlier today:
Think the Audi VGT might finally have a somewhat similar looking Gr.1 rival, with more of a Hyper-Touring Car look than the normal LM Sportscars/Prototypes.
Reminds me of when the Suzuki VGT was added, making the VW GTI Roadster no longer the only roofless Gr.3 car.

View attachment 1368033
View attachment 1368034

No idea if this new version of the Genesis VGT is related to the upcoming update details announcement. I'm guessing not though, as it has already been shown.
It's quite obvious it will be a big one

The fact they got an exclusive Pikes Peak license and didn't add the track to the game (and apparently it's not even work in progress) is honestly insane.
I might be wrong here, but with two only other cases of them sponsoring the event (which is Nurb 24h and D1 GP) we had both cars and tracks from those. But it's not the case for that one event where they have the exclusive track license.
I get why it's a thing, a purely time trial track probably doesn't make a lot of sense to add, considering how long it would take to make (and how slow PD already are at adding new tracks) and with the whole e-sports thing. But I don't think it really justifies the lack of that track.

Like Will told you what was coming? You seemed to trust him - or is it just because it was something negative for you to moan about and that's what you like to spend your time doing on Twitter?
I'm not asking you to believe me I just think you're a bit pathetic.
Hold up, wait a minute…

I’ve heard this story before about decent updates coming and then turn into a pile of garbage of an update.

Either get it right with straight up facts or continue to spout random BS.

Let's go all the way..!

GT8 free update!
1719507719600.png

Still better than your cringe Twitter account complaining everyday

BTW, why did you deleted everything ?
Why did you feel the need to just be toxic?

This is the issue with the community. It became toxic. And Kaz is partly to blame. Folk lapped up awful content while those who'd like something decent get abuse and piled on by Fanboys. Life long GT fan and I'm seriously considering stepping away from this awful community and awful game

Why did you feel the need to just be toxic?

This is the issue with the community. It became toxic. And Kaz is partly to blame. Folk lapped up awful content while those who'd like something decent get abuse and piled on by Fanboys. Life long GT fan and I'm seriously considering stepping away from this awful community and awful game
because of a few bad apples ?

stepping away from GTP would be a bigger loss for you than for us... Is there a better place than GTPlanet ? (i am not even sure if i am allowed to ask that question here?) Edit: i guess i could ask, but you shouldn't answer otherwise you will be cancelled ...

Last edited:
I think it's more of a toll road, owned by the US Forestry Service.

As far as licensing goes, if it's owned by somebody else, and you want to make money from it, you probably have to pay something.

PPIHC might be sponsored by Gran Turismo, but that's an event, not a venue or location.
so in a sense... it is a toll road like the Nurburgring is a public toll road... so PD doesn't have the correct license for it yet ? so which license did they get...

so in a sense... it is a toll road like the Nurburgring is a public toll road... so PD doesn't have the correct license for it yet ? so which license did they get...
As I say, Pikes Peak International Hillclimb is an event sponsored by Gran Turismo, that is owned by a company (presumably) 'Pikes Peak Auto Hill Climb Educational Museum, Inc.'

PPAHCEM Inc, don't own the location.

The assumption would be that PD can use the PPIHC branding, logos, event name etc, which they'd need if they wanted to put "Pikes Peak International Hill Climb" into the game. I'd imagine that to reproduce the road they would need permission from the US Forestry Service, and quite possibly have to pay The City of Colorado Springs.

You need to buy a permit just to do a commercial photoshoot in many of the States national parks.

edit:

Mount Panorama & Bathurst might be a good example...

1719511843483.png

edit 2:

Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak tourism, and the Forestry Service are all partners of the Hill Climb event...

1719512238683.png

I would put money on Sony need permission from each of those to recreate the location in the game.

Last edited:
I had uninstalled gts a few years ago already, and more into the usually considered hardcore sims etc since.
But i just reinstalled it, looking for different choices from my usual, and im amazed how nice it is, best replay sounds in a game i think, ai races pretty well for now too, etc.

So ill be looking into gt7 when its on a good sale.
Just too bad it takes up so much storage on ssd.

But looking forward to supposedly somewhat improved physics, sounds etc.
And the 3 classic roads added.

Only thing is, im an sp player, and i read the ai is pretty poor, except for that sophie update, but that it is limited in sp modes use?

Any info on if it will be expanded?
Maybe that will be part of the next event in montreal..
I live there and never knew there was an event here, wasnt much into gt, and not much into multiplayer.
Did have some fun few races online when i had gts 1st installed, was easy to get into for sure.

I had uninstalled gts a few years ago already, and more into the usually considered hardcore sims etc since.
But i just reinstalled it, looking for different choices from my usual, and im amazed how nice it is, best replay sounds in a game i think, ai races pretty well for now too, etc.

Only thing is, im an sp player, and i read the ai is pretty poor, except for that sophie update, but that it is limited in sp modes use?

I live there and never knew there was an event here, wasnt much into gt, and not much into multiplayer.
Did have some fun few races online when i had gts 1st installed, was easy to get into for sure.
Get VR2....

Sophy won't be more than a side mode (like it is currently, maybe expanded to arcade/custom races as an option if we are very lucky) in GT7 because the main career races need to support the PS4 version which can't run Sophy.

Expect GT8 to be heavily pushing the AI in its marketing in 2-3 years.

GT7 is a fantastic game and in VR it's absolutely mind blowing.

It's also constantly on sale.

Jump in.

Back