Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,751 comments
Maybe they just want a better audience for the GTWS but the update in itself won't be anything special.

Also, they may try to avoid any bug introduced by a new patch during the event by delaying it.
We sure dont know that yet, i doubt it be the normal 3 cars update with 3 events bet on a larger one this time, the update most likely wont drop during the live events its proably after,

Mad Max Reaction GIF
Only if you know something..

Megatron confirmed!

Hold up, wait a minute…

I’ve heard this story before about decent updates coming and then turn into a pile of garbage of an update.

Either get it right with straight up facts or continue to spout random BS.
Is this the fellow that nuked his account because he couldn't handle the slightest bit of opposition?

Fancy seeing you on a new account. And with such a tasteful and subtle name, too!

I wonder if the Yen Currency situation is somehow contributing to the slow progress at PD and GT7....

I feel for this guy... I feel somehow we are closer to him than we think...
Especially how he try to enjoy his life after his family went to bed... Hits close to home... Guilty of the same thing with GT7...

A genuine question here for all of you...

Do you really only wish for the return of nostalgic elements (single player content, cars & circuits), or is there any members of this community who would welcome something totally fresh, new and as-of-yet unimagined??

Edit: clearly I realise up-to-date race cars are high on the agenda, but I'm more hinting towards new concepts and ideas. Gameplay modes etc.

Last edited:

Do you really only wish for the return of nostalgic elements (single player content, cars & circuits), or is there any members of this community who would welcome something totally fresh, new and as-of-yet unimagined??

Edit: clearly I realise up-to-date race cars are high on the agenda, but I'm more hinting towards new concepts and ideas. Gameplay modes etc.
From all the wish lists, and even the latest thread about how players would make Gran Turismo, people wish for a balanced Gran Turismo.
Get the peripheral stuff functioning correctly, offer plenty game set up/UI/HUD/AI/QoL options, balance the rewards, etc.

We’ve seen PD offer new ideas(in past Gran Turismo games) and they get no updates, no improvements during the life of a game. Even scraping cool concepts and ideas to never be seen in a next Gran Turismo. It’s tough to wish PD will fulfill many basic wishes when they have trouble fully completing their own concepts and ideas.

Yes, i will welcome something totally fresh, new and as-of-yet unimagined. We re definelitelly getting something new and unimagined in GT8, as Kaz said. (he said something in the lines of looking forward to a new theme)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I dont care and could as well only see balance changes, bug fixes and performance improvements.
I dont starve for any new kind of content for GT7.
But if they insist on bringing any such a thing, I dont mind it for being refurbished return things or things totally new.
The only thing I do mind is the lack of some brand representation where I dont care for the reason and just wished it suddenly would change.

Maybe I am that kind of member :D my number one wish in any update would be further implementation of Sophy. I don’t mind nostalgic content but the best additions are those which are more revolutionary.

Something small that I think could fit the more quirky side of GT, would be to have a quick-time event playing as a tyre changer during pitstops.
That could be a fun way to make pitstop times more varied and offer the jeopardy of mistakes much like real life.

Or instead of having a main menu, maybe be able to actually drive around in a small open-world "Gran Turismo City".
Driving to your garage.
Driving to the airport to access World Circuits.
Driving to the Licence Centre.
etc.
It wouldn't replace the core gameplay, only the main menu. And there could still be fast-travel.

Those are just 2 of my own ideas for new stuff they could do in a future game.

Last edited:

When PD do side game modes or features, it historically goes very underused. Pikes Peak in GT2, the wet races in GT3/4, the NASCAR integration in GT5, the moon in GT6, VR implementation in GT Sport, Music Rally here in GT7 - there's a long tradition of "here's this cool thing we clearly worked very hard on but don't intend to utilise very much".

So for GT8, I'd love a new concept and idea for the core game and career, like they tried to do with basing it around the café here but much less linear of course. But I don't really want extra concepts in GT7 because these offshoots don't tend to grow very much.

I wonder if the Yen Currency situation is somehow contributing to the slow progress at PD and GT7....

Especially how he try to enjoy his life after his family went to bed... Hits close to home... Guilty of the same thing with GT7...

Huh? Did you know that Assetto Corsa Evo, the game with less budget that GT7 will have a better car list already? Or Crew Motorfest? Or even Forza Motorsport? Or many other simracing games?

GT7 is a game on how to maximize profit and minimize efforts.

Last edited:

hahaha this guy's vids keep popping up in my feed for some reason even though I keep saying I'm not interested. :lol: I feel like he really needs to find himself one or two friends who will invite him out in the evening for drinks.

Huh? Did you know that Assetto Corsa Evo, the game with less budget that GT7 will have a better car list already? Or Crew Motorfest? Or even Forza Motorsport? Or many other simracing games?

GT7 is a game on how to maximize profit and minimize efforts.
Exactly my point... Could it be that PD and Kaz despite having a bigger budget but with the unfavorable Yen currency conversion rate, they actually have to work harder and per the video, most Japanese household are now instructed to save money or try to convert to Dollars...

I dont really know tbh, just trying to see a cause and butterfly effect type of situation...
hahaha this guy's vids keep popping up in my feed for some reason even though I keep saying I'm not interested. :lol: I feel like he really needs to find himself one or two friends who will invite him out in the evening for drinks.
You really must fit the criteria according to Google Ai ;)

Back