Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,808 comments
A thought I've had - and I'm not saying this as a defence of the linearity of the café just to be clear - is that there's a bit of a chicken-or-egg situation happening with the car roster where as the breadth and depth in the roster increases, so does the ability of both PD and others to make a great career mode.

Custom career modes or alternative GT modes are growing in popularity now - even I've drawn one up! - but I think a lot of why that's happening is the extra routing or extra grid variety afforded by the 58 road cars we've gotten in updates, and I'd say that almost goes more for the ones that extend existing car families. It's why GT4's GT mode is the standard bearer and not GT3's - varied careers have way more replayability when you have more options to try and more routes to choose from rather than being forced to use the one Yaris in the game for multiple Yaris events.
Erm, actually there were 2 Yaris' in GT3...
IMG_4562.png

IMG_4561.png
IMG_4560.jpeg

But I get your point. Expanded car lists allow greater opportunity for event variety, as well as grid variety within those events.

Last edited:
A thought I've had - and I'm not saying this as a defence of the linearity of the café just to be clear - is that there's a bit of a chicken-or-egg situation happening with the car roster where as the breadth and depth in the roster increases, so does the ability of both PD and others to make a great career mode.
Almost every event since Spec II (give-or-take) have been tied to newly added cars (mainly because of "event cover car" status and pre-race dialogues), with only two cars in particular (SF23 and Jimny) having bonus books (containing events) dedicated to them. They even gave new events focusing on two variation livery cars, the Anest Iwata RC F GT3 and GT Movie GT-R GT3 (but not the Mazda Spirit Racing versions of certain Mazda cars, nor the TGR GT Cup livery version of 86 Gr.4) - also note that the HiMedic and GR Corolla are currently the last cars without tie-in events (excluding Spec II cars, as none of events added in that were tied to any of update cars):
1719667733875.png

Last edited:
Almost every event since Spec II (give-or-take) have been tied to newly added cars (mainly because of "event cover car" status and pre-race dialogues), with only two cars in particular (SF23 and Jimny) having bonus books (containing events) dedicated to them. They even gave new events focusing on two variation livery cars, the Anest Iwata RC F GT3 and GT Movie GT-R GT3 (but not the Mazda Spirit Racing versions of certain Mazda cars, nor the TGR GT Cup livery version of 86 Gr.4) - also note that the HiMedic and GR Corolla are currently the last cars without tie-in events (excluding Spec II cars, as none of events added in that were tied to any of update cars):
View attachment 1368631
I'm feeling déjà vu of sorts...

In regards to custom race mode, while making my own races can be fun. They don't make up for GT7's extremely short GT Cafe mode for me for a few reasons.

1. They don't pay well enough even after Spec 2.0, I would say 2-4x the current value would be enough.
2. You can only pick only cars in your garage, it should be like in Forza Horizon 5 where you can pick any car as an opponent without owning it.
3. No ability to change color/livery to opponent cars unless once again; you buy a bunch of clones and give them each a different livery. The fact you have to do that is insane when there's racing games before GT7 that allowed you that exact freedom, this is just a needless restriction.
4. The A.I. is too slow.

With that said, it shouldn't be a fill in for a career mode anyway, but rather a bonus mode. It's become a pet peeve of mine whenever companies think that because they made this mode, that means it's automatically okay to short-shaft somewhere else.

Last edited:
In regards to custom race mode, while making my own races can be fun. They don't make up for GT7's extremely short GT Cafe mode for me for a few reasons.

1. They don't pay well enough even after Spec 2.0, I would say 2-4x the current value would be enough.
2. You can only pick only cars in your garage, it should be like in Forza Horizon 5 where you can pick any car as an opponent without owning it.
3. No ability to change color/livery to opponent cars unless once again; you buy a bunch of clones and give them each a different livery. The fact you have to do that is insane when there's racing games before GT7 that allowed you that exact freedom, this is just a needless restriction.
4. The A.I. is too slow.

With that said, it shouldn't be a fill in for a career mode anyway, but rather a bonus mode. It's become a pet peeve of mine whenever companies think that because they made this mode, that means it's automatically okay to short-shaft somewhere else.
The livery thing would be so helpful. And the AI, you can balance it out to a degree and make it decently competitive but really, just let me pick the most tuned up AI they have, because it’s already in the game. My only thought as to why it isn’t available is that, maybe the tuned up AI seen in the Human Comedy endurances and the Clubman Cup+ events have custom path finding/driving ability specifically for those tracks?

But then again, that’s a logical explanation. PD have shown that they don’t always follow that. So it’s very possible that they can drag and drop the fastest AI they have into a difficulty option for the main game and custom race, but they just choose not to.

Last edited:
The livery thing would be so helpful. And the AI, you can balance it out to a degree and make it decently competitive but really, just let me pick the most tuned up AI they have, because it’s already in the game. My only thought as to why it isn’t available is that, maybe the tuned up AI seen in the Human Comedy endurances and the Clubman Cup+ events have custom path finding/driving ability specifically for those tracks?

But then again, that’s a logical explanation. PD have shown that they don’t always follow that. So it’s very possible that they can drag and drop the fastest AI they have into a difficulty option for the main game and custom race, but they just choose not to.

With some of the unusual bugs we've seen and dealt with over the years since GT7's release, I wouldn't be surprised if these specific problems are rooted in dodgy code that they can't get around and they are too embarrassed to address.

Personally I have found Quick Race to be a useful, if shallow, stop-gap. With fully amplified bonus payouts you are able to choose any car and track combo and have a decent bit of fun for okay profit.

The problem of course, is the absence of difficulty settings and choice of race length.

To add to 1.49 speculation. Would love for this:
"The goal of Gran Turismo Sophy is not to surpass humans through technology, but rather to be an AI that entertains and can be a companion for people."
… be an option for this:

Can’t help but think they’re working on SOPHY options to cruise with us as we play.

Does anyone know how to set a car to match bop? I know you can see the weight and add balast for that, but what about power? Do I change the ECU our power restriction? Do I need to change anything else?

Last edited:
Huh? Did you know that Assetto Corsa Evo, the game with less budget that GT7 will have a better car list already? Or Crew Motorfest? Or even Forza Motorsport? Or many other simracing games?

GT7 is a game on how to maximize profit and minimize efforts.
Haha, they haven't even released a list yet... way to let everyone know you put zero thought and 100% emotion into your baseless posts!

The crew and Forza have terrible "physics" models that makes any car included in them worthless. GT7 has a great handling model, regardless of what any wannabe armchair racer says.

Maximize profits? I spent $60 something dollars buying GT7 over two years ago, and they haven't gotten a dime from me and 99% of us since, yet there are dozens of updates that gave us free stuff regularly. Sure a good way to make a profit, huh?

Once again, your biased emotions get in the way of any rational thought. If I were the blocking type, you'd be on the list, but I'm not, so let's see what more nonsense you can invent to complain about.

The crew and Forza have terrible "physics" models that makes any car included in them worthless. GT7 has a great handling model, regardless of what any wannabe armchair racer says.
This is exactly why I play GT7 regularly instead of The Crew Motorfest or Forza. The core driving experience is fantastic and when you combine that with the many customisation options and the livery editor with the decal uploader, you can't go past it. There are soo many things you can do to so many cars and it's just soo easy. More than that, the game has a certain charm and character with corny sound effects, funny animations, 3 different dealerships and alternative music which you don't here in any other racing games. There's a reason why GT is still at the very top of the racing game table.

An observation on how PD aren't great at the day-to-day live service stuff, separate from the update parts:

This week's new Daily Race C has a +600% modifier to credits received. But if you're not already plugged in to Sport Mode (or relevant social media) you aren't going to know about it - it's not on the news splash screen, and it's not visible on the main map, you have to go into Sport Mode to see it. So nobody who doesn't already go into Sport Mode is going to see it, and as such that bonus isn't going to do its job of getting people to play the mode.

This is exactly why I play GT7 regularly instead of The Crew Motorfest or Forza. The core driving experience is fantastic and when you combine that with the many customisation options and the livery editor with the decal uploader, you can't go past it. There are soo many things you can do to so many cars and it's just soo easy. More than that, the game has a certain charm and character with corny sound effects, funny animations, 3 different dealerships and alternative music which you don't here in any other racing games. There's a reason why GT is still at the very top of the racing game table.
Not to mention the outstanding car sounds and the engaging singleplayer career

I agree, there is so much thing to do with GT7. Trying many cars with many custom liveries and swapping some ridiculous engine, tune it or race it stock. If only they add more 30 minutes or 1 hour races and raise some of the race payouts, it's excellent.

This week's new Daily Race C has a +600% modifier to credits received. But if you're not already plugged in to Sport Mode (or relevant social media) you aren't going to know about it.
To your point, IT HAS WHAT?! +600%?! Madness. I still enter that section of the main menu to do the online time trials, but I still hadn't realised they were doing credit modifiers like that lol.

Last edited:
An observation on how PD aren't great at the day-to-day live service stuff, separate from the update parts:

This week's new Daily Race C has a +600% modifier to credits received. But if you're not already plugged in to Sport Mode (or relevant social media) you aren't going to know about it - it's not on the news splash screen, and it's not visible on the main map, you have to go into Sport Mode to see it. So nobody who doesn't already go into Sport Mode is going to see it, and as such that bonus isn't going to do its job of getting people to play the mode.

How much credits we can get?

600%???

I think I've worked something out.
The reason why they made that race +600% is because it's another case of them copying a race from the live event, like they did with the new X2019 time trial.

This event is taken from the Nations Cup sprint race, before the grand final. That likely means that these are going to be the road cars in use for the live event too:

IMG_4593.jpeg

Sounds like more than it is. To give you an idea of the credit rewards, here are some statistics I collected when we had +600% another time:

Shame the Lambo V12 VGT at Monza daily A ended a bit earlier, I was thinking I would continue with it in the weekend but oh well, only managed 30. It was fun though. I started tracking some stats of those races since the payout was pretty nice.

Credit Rewards / Stats
WEEK 48 // DAILY RACE A (600% BOOST) // CREDIT REWARDS

1: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
2: 6th / 98,868 (CRB)
3: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
4: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
5: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
6: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
7: 1st / 229,374 (CRB)
8: 5th / 110,731 (CRB) [passing 1M (1,095,454)]
9: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
10: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
11: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
12: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
13: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
14: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB)
15: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
16: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB) [passing 2M (2,005,035)]
17: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
18: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
19: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
20: 4th / 79,094
21: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
22: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)
23: 5th / 110,371 (CRB)
24: 3rd / 89,640
25: 3rd / 134,460 (CRB) [passing 3M (3,003,535)]
26: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
27: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
28: 2nd / 150,279 (CRB)
29: 5th / 110,731 (CRB)
30: 4th / 118,641 (CRB)

TOTAL EARNINGS: 3,683,744
CLEAN RACE BONUS: 28/30 (93,33%)

RACE INFO: 5 laps / ~8m / ~31,5 kms
TOTAL LAPS: 150
TOTAL KMS: ~945 kms
TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~4 hours
POSITION STATS: 1st (1), 2nd (5), 3rd (8), 4th (8), 5th (7), 6th (1)

Back