Gran Turismo 7 Rain Glitch

• Thread starter RedstoneXD
  • 43 comments
United States
United States
RedstoneKid09
Hi,
In the GT7 Pre-release screenshots, after it rains the sun comes out and lights up the track when it is soaking wet

But, When I put rain and then shine it rains for a bit and then the sky is blue (No clouds) And sun is visible but no sunlight, The ground appears cloudy

But during the Le Mans 700PP race the sun came out when the track was COMPLETLY dry.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm on PS4

(Also if you're going to be an idiot, Be an idiot somewhere else)

Last edited:
This is not a glitch, it's how they do weather transitions.

You saw pre release footage.
So, Why would the sky be clear blue but the ground appear cloudy?
I should post a screenshot of what I mean

Sorry for the long wait (I had to attend my Neice's 3rd Birthday) and useless thread (It feels like)

Also whoever just reacted and didn't help out, Just know I'm in your closet

Here are the screenshots

Gran Turismo® 7_20231003165206.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231003165235.jpg

The Sky is blue, No clouds are in sight

Why is there no sunlight? My friend has no issue on his PS5

Shouldn't the ground appear like this?

i1UxgAdJaDrNmTB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...what seems to be the issue? If it's early enough then the sun won't be up yet.

As for the ground "issue", the reason there is no water on the racing line is because it has...been dried by the cars? That's just how physics work, eventually the water will have to give way.

You should give the WTC 600 Tokyo race a try where both things are present. ;)
Also whoever just reacted and didn't help out, Just know I'm in your closet...Go get a life, Im asking a question here
Hard to help out with barely anything to work with.

A bit of humility wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Uh...what seems to be the issue? If it's early enough then the sun won't be up yet.

As for the ground "issue", the reason there is no water on the racing line is because it has...been dried by the cars? That's just how physics work, eventually the water will have to give way.

You should give the WTC 600 Tokyo race a try where both things are present. ;)

Hard to help out with barely anything to work with.

A bit of humility wouldn't hurt either.
Its the afternoon so the sun is in the sky :)

But the sun is out but doesn't shine like in the photo unless the track is COMPLETELY dry which takes a half hour or more

The RX VISION photos are the ones showing the glitch

Also, The weather radar doesn't show any rain present (Which Is what I thought caused it)

Maybe its a feature to make the PS4 run better (Like how the PS5 renders more grass, People, Etc)

The glitch is the lighting not the Racing line drying (Yes of course I know im not that stupid)

See how the sun is out after it rains in the 3rd attachment? (Bumper cam photo)
But in my photos the sky is clear (RX Vision) but the lighting appears overcast when it isn't

*Again sorry if I was rude and sorry for the useless thread

The setup is custom race, isnt it?
It would be necessary to know the weather setup (so many different predefined weather options to choose from) to try to recreate it on our consoles.
But it could also simply be down to PS4 to PS5 differences.

The setup is custom race, isnt it?
It would be necessary to know the weather setup (so many different predefined weather options to choose from) to try to recreate it on our consoles.
But it could also simply be down to PS4 to PS5 differences.
It is custom race :)
But it sometimes occurs in the Le Mans 700pp race.

I will look at my settings tomorrow and post them on here.

Im still trying to work out what the issue is. Beside the drying race line where its shiny and wet? Looks to be reflecting the sky.

Or am i missing the point?
(I was)

Edit, I think i understand now.

Where is the sun located in the shots, is it high enough to shine directly at the track?
Wish i could test this but im away for a week.

Last edited:
Im still trying to work out what the issue is. Beside the drying race line where its shiny and wet? Looks to be reflecting the sky.

Or am i missing the point?
(I was)

Edit, I think i understand now.

Where is the sun located in the shots, is it high enough to shine directly at the track?
Wish i could test this but im away for a week.
Yeah, Its the afternoon, so its up high enough to shine onto the track

But for some reason it doesn't, I will post my settings soon (Sorry, I am away from the game)

Idk if it's exactly what you are complaining about, but they changed the reflections on the wet part of the track to make puddles easier to spot in some patch.
No, Not about the reflections, Its about the sun not shining when the sky turns clear

Idk if it's exactly what you are complaining about, but they changed the reflections on the wet part of the track to make puddles easier to spot in some patch.
Nah, look at the bottom shot, the sun is reacting to everything and lighting up as if you were standing in broad daylight, no clouds.. the top pics look as thoough they're in the shade, sun isnt touching anything as if its cloudy.

My guess and its hard to say..
1. cutting cost on performance. Which is strange and im not really buying that.
2. A bug, maybe the game still thinks its cloudy and hasn't changed correctly or the clouds have bugged and aren't showing when they should be.
Took me a while to understand what was being pointed out.

You are all reading into this far too much… the simple answer is that it is cloud covering the sun in the first two screenshots.

Yes I know it’s clear up ahead but the sun is behind the car or rather to it’s far left and that’s where some clouds are too

If you don't want to help don't bother Its a question,
It's not the dry line, Its the lighting no clouds are on the sun but the lighting acts like it is
(Do I need to be more specific? :irked:
Also "09" is my race number because "9" was already taken

Stop using username numbers to determine someone's age (not the first time I heard this crap)

This OP must be drunk or something cause no one else is seeing what op is claiming.
That might be you lmfao

Nah, look at the bottom shot, the sun is reacting to everything and lighting up as if you were standing in broad daylight, no clouds.. the top pics look as thoough they're in the shade, sun isnt touching anything as if its cloudy.

My guess and its hard to say..
1. cutting cost on performance. Which is strange and im not really buying that.
2. A bug, maybe the game still thinks its cloudy and hasn't changed correctly or the clouds have bugged and aren't showing when they should be.
Took me a while to understand what was being pointed out.
Finally, A smart person that gets it 😌

I see nothing wrong in those screenshots and have no idea what you’re yammering about.
Look at the top screenshot, Then look at the 2 bottom ones (RX Vision)
See the difference in lighting?

Last edited:
Look at the top screenshot, Then look at the 2 bottom ones (RX Vision)
See the difference in lighting?
(If you don't I reckon you need to get your eyes checked)
There these things called clouds right, they move in the sky and one part of the sky might be open and clear while the other part is this white or grey fluffy stuff (I know strange it is)

This white fluffy stuff sometimes covers the sun so things appear darker on the ground, even with the sky looking clear where the clouds arent present

Last edited:
By the way, you already know how to use the edit button, so why create 4 consecutive posts?

And I do apologize for making assumptions. But you really need to learn some humility, and fast.

Last edited:
Perhaps we can continue this thread without the insults, double posts, and assumptions about age and/or sobriety.

Last edited:
Weirdly I  think I can see what the OP is trying to say. The sun comes out in a (presumably) cloudless sky but the lighting on the cars/track looks like the sun is still behind clouds.

@RedstoneXD Maybe if you shared a replay in game (tag it as "gtplanet" or something) and we can have a better look. The screenshots probably don't show brilliantly what you mean. If I've understood you correctly that is.

Weirdly I  think I can see what the OP is trying to say. The sun comes out in a (presumably) cloudless sky but the lighting on the cars/track looks like the sun is still behind clouds.

@RedstoneXD Maybe if you shared a replay in game (tag it as "gtplanet" or something) and we can have a better look. The screenshots probably don't show brilliantly what you mean. If I've understood you correctly that is.
Yeah thats exactly what he means and he made it clear, there are no clouds blocking the sun.

Back