• 50 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
Very nice car but can't help but feel it kind of comes across as a knock-off GR Yaris.

Like when they present it as a prize, the winner will be wondering, so this isn't the GR Yaris?

Not that anyone really needs a 4wd 300hp GR Yaris. :lol:

I'm spanish and I know about TGR Iberian Cup that is an upcoming rally championship with four rallies in Portugal and four in Spain.

The car is basically a stock GR Yaris with some modifications in suspension, dampers, brakes, exhaust, cooling system and obviously a FIA aproved roll cage.
Is made by MSi (Motor & Sport Institute)

The price is €68,000+taxes for tarmac configuration.
An optional gravel kit is available from €5,800+taxes.

The first time to see on action will be at the Azores Rallye on 25-26 March.

Toyota-TGR%20Iberian-Cup-_tcm-1014-2387362.jpg

experiencias-gazoo-racing_tcm-1014-2397170.jpg
copa-monomarca-tgr_tcm-1014-2396902.jpg
diseno-toyota-gr-yaris-rz_tcm-1014-2397180.jpg

volante-gr-yaris-rz_tcm-1014-2397182.jpg
gr-yaris-msi_tcm-1014-2396895.jpg
800_toyotagryarisrz-toyotagazooracingiberiancup-grday3.jpg

800_toyotagryarisrz-toyotagazooracingiberiancup-grday2.jpg

It’s a curious choice of car, given that the current generation Yaris doesn’t appear in Gran Turismo 7 yet, or at least as far as we know.
Uuhhh. Yes it does?

・Toyota GR Yaris with country-specific liveries​

9999B296-D122-4757-BBCD-B628E85A5190.jpeg
Players will receive a car with a special livery designed in the colors of the national flag of the country where their account for PlayStation®Network is registered (the designs cover 30 different countries). Users residing in non-eligible countries will receive a standard-liveried version.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't. That's a GR Yaris, not a Yaris.
Still a Yaris, no matter the trim level. Besides this one is a GR Yaris too, at least in name and badging. I’m fully aware it isn’t a true a GR Yaris but you see what I mean. :dopey:

its an entirely different car, its not just a trim level
1645120250585.gif

Potato potato. In my opinion, it’s like saying "Gran Turismo 7 won’t feature the tenth generation Civic". This is wrong, since it features the fifth generation Type R, based off of the tenth generation Civic.

Shoot me if you must

Still a Yaris, no matter the trim level.
Not even close.

The GR Yaris is a fundamentally entirely different vehicle, with a completely different body and chassis (and bespoke engine and drivetrain), not a trim level of Yaris.

Besides this one is a GR Yaris too, at least in name and badging.
No, it's not. It's a Toyota Yaris. "GR Sport" is a trim level.
In my opinion, it’s like saying "Gran Turismo 7 won’t feature the tenth generation Civic". This is wrong, since it features the fifth generation Type R, based off of the tenth generation Civic.
Also entirely false equivalence. What does your "opinion" have to do with the fundamental fact that the GR Yaris is a completely different vehicle from, and not a trim level of, the Toyota Yaris?

Last edited:
You don’t have to go deeper, both cars are Yarises. Like I just explained above. They still look the "same", share the basic name, and so on. Going deeper it is different, I’m well aware. Shall I continue my post above? A Skyline GTR and a GTS, a Nismo 400R, a Tommy Kaira M25 and a GTS-T and whatever other Skyline is still a Skyline

Agree to disagree, I won’t take this further.

Last edited:
You don’t have to go deeper, both cars are Yarises. Like I just explained above. They still look the "same", share the basic name, and so on. Going deeper it is different, I’m well aware. Shall I continue my post above? A Skyline GTR and a GTS and a GTS-T and whatever other Skyline is still a Skyline
Also false equivalence.

Not really. Calling every Skyline a GTR, now that’s wrong. But ok, let’s move on. I’m not here to put sticks in your bike wheels. Just stating my opinion.

Not really. Calling every Skyline a GTR, now that’s wrong. But ok, let’s move on. I’m not here to put sticks in your bike wheels. Just stating my opinion.
No, you literally don't comprehend that they're completely different vehicles, but you're insisting that they are because they have similar names by drawing false equivalence between other cars which have performance oriented variants based on the exact same platform.

The Civic Type R shares a body and chassis, and a production line, with a Honda Civic, and it's still called a Honda Civic, just with an extra bit at the end.

The Skyline GT-R shared a body and chassis and a production line, with a Skyline GTS, and it's still called a Nissan Skyline, just with a different bit at the end.

The GR Yaris does not share a body or a chassis, or a production line, with a Toyota Yaris, and it's not even called a Toyota Yaris any more.

It's a completely different vehicle, made of different bits by different people, with a different name. There's even a linked article within this one that explains just how completely unrelated it is, which you could easily use to educate yourself.

Not understanding this initially is... at least understandable. Continuing to insist it's the same car in the face of this knowledge - because "Yaris" is somewhere in the name - is lunacy.

Last edited:
Back