Gran Turismo 7 Special Edition Toyota Yaris Revealed, Limited to 100 Units

• Thread starter Famine
  • 50 comments
No need to point out how "stupid" I am @Famine . I’m not interested in heating up a fairly stupid discussion, I’m allowed to call a Yaris a Yaris, and you’re allowed to not call it a Yaris. Let’s just put a line here, like I said. Ok? No need to respond, let’s just move on. Please. I didn’t mean to offend anyone by calling it a Yaris, I understand everything you mean but when it comes to the very basic bottom line I hope you understand me too.

Edit: I swear to god this happens every time I give my very unpopular opinion.

DABC48A3-0DF3-4E95-BD35-8E1EC7FADA1F.jpeg

Last edited:
No need to point out how "stupid" I am @Famine .
I never pointed it out, nor said that, so I don't know why it's in quotes.
I’m allowed to call a Yaris a Yaris, and you’re allowed to not call it a Yaris.
Sure. You can call a duck a fish if you want, but that doesn't mean nobody else is allowed to point out that you are wrong to do so and why.
offend ... unpopular ... opinion
This is part of the problem.

Nobody's offended. And it doesn't matter whether it's an opinion, or popular (or not). You're trying to state something as a fact which is not a fact, and objecting to that being pointed out, and making counter-arguments that rely on false equivalence (the act of pretending something is analogous when it is not).

As I said, not comprehending that a Toyota GR Yaris is a totally different car from a Toyota Yaris and not merely a trim level of it is understandable. Continuing to insist that it's the same thing just because it has "Yaris" in the name after you've been informed of exactly why it's a totally different car is insane.

Would you like to know what parts the GR Yaris has in common with the Yaris XP210? It's the headlights, and the door mirrors. That's it. There's no other single shared component anywhere on it, even down to the floorpan (which is a custom piece, made from 55% of a Toyota CH-R!).

For Petes sake.

Why can moderators stop arguements and not users.. you drive me to continue. I’m not gonna give you the pleasure. I asked you to stop. Like you ask users and expect them to comply.

I used quotes because I’m not stupid. I just used poor wording. I’m tired. Show a pic of these cars to any kid and they’ll say both are Yarises. They don’t care how different it is or if it has a different chassis or whatever. I don’t either.

Can we please end it now?? This question is rhetorical. Please.

For Petes sake.

Why can moderators stop arguements and not users.. you drive me to continue. I’m not gonna give you the pleasure. I asked you to stop. Like you ask users and expect them to comply.

I used quotes because I’m not stupid. I just used poor wording. I’m tired. Show a pic of these cars to any kid and they’ll say both are Yarises. They don’t care how different it is or if it has a different chassis or whatever. I don’t either.

Can we please end it now?? This question is rhetorical. Please.
You can literally stop any time you want, but that doesn't compel anyone else to do the same.

I honestly don't know why you're continuing to insist something you must now know is wrong. I mean, I'd get why you'd want to back away, but to come up with new things to allow you to continue to assert the same original point while saying you want to stop...

... and your argument now is that if children think they're the same they're the same. Which means cats and dogs are now just the same animal, but cats are girls and dogs are boys.

If you want to keep calling a duck a fish you're entirely welcome to, but everyone else is also welcome to point out that you are wrong to do so. If you want to stop calling a duck a fish, you're also entirely welcome to do that.

You’re completely missing my point. This is pure harrassment and trolling at this point. Thanks, Famine.
You keep on responding despite saying you want to stop.
You keep on inventing new, flawed arguments to allow you to insist the original point you made is right even though you know it was wrong.

Yep, looks like trolling. Not sure where the harassment is coming in though.

A GR Yaris is different from a Yaris because it's a Toyota not a Mazda. And has a very special engine and is basically a real rally race car. It's confusing to Toyota fans. They should have named it Morizo's GR Yaris.

Last edited:
As an owner of a last-gen GR SPORT, I hope it's going to be in the game. I liked the feeling and the design of the new one after a test drive, although it was a bit different trim level- Limited Edition (Launch Edition).

Last edited:
I don’t think the people who came up with this special edition Toyota Yaris are one bit worried about the fact that the Yaris in GT7 is the GR Yaris, nor should they be. The shared nameplates aside from GR are close enough for a cross-marketing initiative like this. It suffices as far as what most consumers would ever care to consider. I think that’s essentially what @syntex123 tried to express before the discussion got dragged into technical specifics.

The shared nameplates aside from GR are close enough for a cross-marketing initiative like this.
More than that - it's entirely irrelevant. They've just slapped "GT7" on a thing. It doesn't even matter if the thing is in GT7 or not. It could have been an SUV for all they care.

Edit: Come to think of it, it's probably only a Yaris GR Sport because that's the car they need to promote right now since it launches in May. If it had been a RAV4 next on the product launch schedule, that's what it would have been.

I think that’s essentially what @syntex123 tried to express before the discussion got dragged into technical specifics.
If that's what you got from the four-word "Uuhhh. Yes it does.", good for you. However I can only read what's there and it was a factually incorrect statement attempting to correct a factually correct one, which then apparently caused deeper and deeper holes to be excavated.

Last edited:
Lol that argument looks like a case of people that have to have the last word. It really doesn't matter who says what, or even what is correct. It's the internet. Arguing gets you nowhere 90% of the time.
--
meanwhile I was hoping for something a with a little more "sport" to it than a Yaris. Maybe a gt86?

Last edited:
Come to think of it, it's probably only a Yaris GR Sport because that's the car they need to promote right now since it launches in May.
No, it absoloutely is why its a Yaris GR Sport. If they did this a little earlier in the year, this could have been the Hilux GR Sport.

And on an unrelated note, the GR Yaris is more Corolla and CH-R than yaris, so calling it a regular yaris is like calling Forza Street a regular Forza game.

Last edited:
More than that - it's entirely irrelevant. They've just slapped "GT7" on a thing. It doesn't even matter if the thing is in GT7 or not. It could have been an SUV for all they care.

Edit: Come to think of it, it's probably only a Yaris GR Sport because that's the car they need to promote right now since it launches in May. If it had been a RAV4 next on the product launch schedule, that's what it would have been.
The Yaris being a compact and affordable sporty hatch may have played a part in choosing it for a GT7 special edition. It targets the type of consumer who’s most likely to also spend time with a Playstation.

Lol that argument looks like a case of people that have to have the last word.
It's... a text-based discussion forum? That's kinda how it works. At some point in the distant future it might cease to exist, in which case someone will very definitely have the last word.
It really doesn't matter who says what, or even what is correct. It's the internet.
Yeah, no. If you think that the truth doesn't matter and GTP is just the internet, this is very much the wrong site for you.
The Yaris being a compact and affordable sporty hatch may have played a part in choosing it for a GT7 special edition. It targets the type of consumer who’s most likely to also spend time with a Playstation.
But also this particular Yaris, the GR Sport version of the hybrid, was announced in December and will launch in Europe in May. The GT7 edition is literally the GR Sport - same model-specific colour - with a GT logo on the front wings and in the cabin and some nicely reddened wheels. In fact I think those details are Photoshopped over the original press images...

The GR Sport is the car they want to be promoting right now, so that'll probably be why it was picked. It is pretty much how it works in the motor industry (and I've been subjected to it as part of a company providing PR for two major brands).

No, it absoloutely is why its a Yaris GR Sport. If they did this a little earlier in the year, this could have been the Hilux GR Sport.

And on an unrelated note, the GR Yaris is more Corolla and CH-R than yaris, so calling it a regular yaris is like calling Forza Street a regular Forza game.
That all seems entirely fair comment.

Last edited:
I do feel a bit cheated though. We ge5 a GR Yaris livery edition and meanwhile, they planned this Yaris GT7 edition. They bring back the Aqua Hybrid, but not a new Yaris(yet, anyway). I was so looking forward to build this:
790B2132-62AA-40BB-8451-D1753F23D30A.jpeg

Yeah, no. If you think that the truth doesn't matter and GTP is just the internet, this is very much the wrong site for you.
I've been here almost as long as you have, and I've enjoyed the experience and the commeraderie. That doesn't mean it isn't the internet. Lol

Back