Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.32)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 89 comments
To be confirmed: I have the impression the pp of cars has slightly reduced, which couldmeanphysicshave been slightly tweaked again. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Edit: probably not, after some further checks.
A lot of the 800pp tunes I did after 1.31 went up or down by <1 pp. Quite annoying to have a car land on 800.01pp...

A lot of the 800pp tunes I did after 1.31 went up or down by <1 pp. Quite annoying to have a car land on 800.01pp...
Same here, one of them being the McLaren F1 GTR '97 I am using for 700pp races. it had risen to over 700. the Mercedes CLK-LM remained unchanged

Last edited:
is the bird flying above track on fuji new? never noticed it before. quite distracting in VR.
It was removed on the ps4 version but has been there since GT sport. The other track with birds in Gt sport was Kyoto , had them flying in V formation , Gone on ps4 , no idea if they made it back to seven . Also on GT sport , Mt Panorama has a jet flying on high altitude blasting Chemtrails , or as Brainwashed folks like to call em , condensation trail/s . Never heard any one bring that up .
Also race car never updated my findings on the last thread last i checked , not cool .

Possibly, maybe they’re modeled after auto dimming side mirrors?
I was thinking the same, but can’t recall ever seeing orange auto dimming mirrors personally, or know if GT cars are equipped with those in the real world. I’ve only ever seen blue, green and grey tinted ones on cars out and about. Not saying orange ones don’t exist, but it seems coincidental that the car is also orange, leading you to believe it’s showing the reflections of the car color regardless of what color you repaint.
We’ll find out in a future update if they change this.

Don't know where this falls into, in cockpit view looking forward the halo in the SF19 is partially transparent, in the SF23 it is solid.
From what I understand, that's been happening with the SF19 since that update in GT Sport. I assume the same effect hasn't been adapted to the SF23s yet.

I was thinking the same, but can’t recall ever seeing orange auto dimming mirrors personally, or know if GT cars are equipped with those in the real world. I’ve only ever seen blue, green and grey tinted ones on cars out and about. Not saying orange ones don’t exist, but it seems coincidental that the car is also orange, leading you to believe it’s showing the reflections of the car color regardless of what color you repaint.
We’ll find out in a future update if they change this.
Working around Mercedes the past several years, some of the older models had monochromatic side mirrors that had an orange ish hue to them. Usually just on the driver side though. Was a bit of a stretch on my part. Likely a bug.

I can confirm PS4 version has definetely update graphycs. I think is somehing with the ilumination, the road has more sun reflection and the wet superface is slighly better.

Also, they fix pop in on the straight of Fuji
20969995561156786.jpg

Yeah, this is from race photo. I don't think race photos supposed to look this good before from what I remember.

Don't know where this falls into, in cockpit view looking forward the halo in the SF19 is partially transparent, in the SF23 it is solid.
Just another thing in the long list of things that have made me start to believe it is time for Kaz to be retired, or at least kept away from anything on the "game" side of things... let him go prat about with his Scapes and wheel him out for live events but enough is enough. He's slowly killing the series.

To be confirmed: I have the impression the pp of cars has slightly reduced, which couldmeanphysicshave been slightly tweaked again. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Edit: probably not, after some further checks.
I re-ran some License tests yesterday to check for any physics changes.

Part1 & Part2
The results:

Rwd car are harder to get sideways (more grip) , dirt physics have improved too. (less understeer)

In short: The physics have changed.

I think accelerator/brake triggers are now adjusted on Dualsense at least. Before I could press let's say 50% down and game took it like 100% of acceleration pressed already. Now I see if I press trigger 50% down accelerator (and brake) is 50% down. I love it. I however don't have any proof of it since i never filmed my fingers pressing triggers before in order to recreate it and compare it today. It would be nice if someone else can confirm same ? 😊

Another about La Sarthe AI, just noticed all the AI are now fitting RS tyres after switching from IW. Before I noticed only the Gr.4 Supra would start on RS, switch to IW and/or W, switch back to IW and finish with RS, regardless of weather. Now, all AI are switching to RS, after wet weather, as they do in Custom Races.

Have they changed the wheel turning rate for motion steering or am I only noticing it now? I swear I used to be able to change direction instantly, without delay from full lock left to full lock right and vice versa, but now it actually takes some time. The steering sensitivity setting hasn't changed, it is at 10.

The Daily Races display now includes timers for each race.
View attachment 1251116
I am steering with motion control steering and I think I experience same thing. 🤔 (Just tried Alpha Giulia on Red Bull Time Trial so I guess we need to test it in more combinations of tracks and cars, but after first test it does feel like you say)

I re-ran some License tests yesterday to check for any physics changes.

Part1 & Part2
The results:

Rwd car are harder to get sideways (more grip) , dirt physics have improved too. (less understeer)

In short: The physics have changed.

Finally someone notices it, I was thinking I suffer of placebo effect.. but, shock absorber dumpen is a lot more softer.

Before it was always too stiff especially if you drive with a wheel and there's no reason to filtrate the driving input.

Another little step on the right path

Now I wait for fast bound/rebound setting control. 😜

Deep Forest Raceway has had the section between the two short tunnels changed slightly. It no longer turns off your lights when going between the two tunnels which looked a bit silly before, your lights stay on until you exit the second tunnel now.

Edit: Ignore, apparently i was just timing that section wrong...

Last edited:
I think accelerator/brake triggers are now adjusted on Dualsense at least. Before I could press let's say 50% down and game took it like 100% of acceleration pressed already. Now I see if I press trigger 50% down accelerator (and brake) is 50% down. I love it. I however don't have any proof of it since i never filmed my fingers pressing triggers before in order to recreate it and compare it today. It would be nice if someone else can confirm same ? 😊
I have too noticed that the brakes are slightly less effective than 1.31. Stopping distances have gone up. This seems be true regardless of controller or wheel usage.

They also fixed the shifting animation of the 205 Turbo 16.
(Now it has a proper H-pattern animation, instead of that for a sequential shifter.)

What drives me mad about that is, we add the fully custom racing transmission and cars that have the floor shifter, should change to that animation!

Last edited:
It would be nice if someone else can confirm same ? 😊
I did confirm it was not like this on the previous update: so no, no change.
Seems like a controller error of some sort.

This s boring to watch, but it is me very slowly pressing the accelerator R2 until it hits 100% accelerator bar when I fully press the R2.

I did confirm it was not like this on the previous update: so no, no change.
Seems like a controller error of some sort.
I got confused with your answer. You confirm it was not like that in previous update. And at same time you say "no change" which is contradictory to "it was not like this on previous update"?

I got confused with your answer. You confirm it was not like that in previous update. And at same time you say "no change" which is contradictory to "it was not like this on previous update"?
It was not like you mentioned on the previous version and it still not is like that on the current version -> no change on my controllers.
Someone else mentioned it a while ago which is why I made the video posted above, so it seems it is a rare case where this kind of error shows up or I am a rare case where it works as everyone would expect it.

Back