Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.49/1.50)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 166 comments
So the wear of the engine remains permanent even changing oil and doing the overhaul to the engine?
Yes.

But that kind of permanent wear only happens after a certain mileage. I don't have the exact numbers, but it's somewhere around 10.000km.

Before that oil changes and engine overhaul do restore car to their factory settings (completely reverse any wear).

And in theory BOP races also restore the engine, so if you only do Sport Mode you don't need to worry about this.

Last edited:
Yes.

But that kind of permanent wear only happens after a certain mileage. I don't have the exact numbers, but it's somewhere around 10.000km.

Before that oil changes and engine overhaul do restore car to their factory settings (completely reverse any wear).

And in theory BOP races also restore the engine, so if you only do Sport Mode you don't need to worry about this.

Yes.

Attachments

• IMG_7973.jpeg
    IMG_7973.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 9
Repost from the GTWS Prague thread: When viewing a GTWS live event in-game for Viewer Campaign tickets, you can now select Twitch (PlayStation's Twitch channel) or YouTube (GT TV English* and live timing) feeds.
1723311696228.png

*Unknown if system language-dependent.

Last edited:
A degree of randomness seems to have been added to the AI choosing tires. Before, they would virtually always pit as soon as the water bar crossed a line. Now, some of them seem to randomly wait 1-3 laps before pitting to change tires.

I just noticed that when you're putting any aero part, racing items or other part(headlight, plate, grille) the car sort of hops like the car is being pet by a giant human. Anyone else notice this? I swear it never happened pre-1.49/50

Looks like something a NFS game would have as an animation

I just noticed that when you're putting any aero part, racing items or other part(headlight, plate, grille) the car sort of hops like the car is being pet by a giant human. Anyone else notice this? I swear it never happened pre-1.49/50

Happens when I set wheel diameters. The car does a ditty-bop.

This was introduced with 1.49. It's presumably some artefact relating to the initialisation of the (updated) physics model, the car is presumably reloaded when a change is made (spoilers, wheels, grill etc.) and this triggers the physics model to reinitialise as well.

I run a race in Goodwood with Ferrari 500 Mondial and it behaved with nervous in turns...
That Ferrari was my favorite early car and now drives strange...
Or it is in my mind?

Just checking if this were a change from before the update.
We could change the tyre sidewall for the Trans Am in Livery Editor. The default tyre were the GoodYear. Now, with the Michelin branding, I had to purchase Sport tyres to bring back the GoodYear branding.
Just tried switching multiple compounds. The default Comfort have “GT” branding. Sport are GoodYear. Racing have “GT” branding.
20829227778420598.jpg

We could change the tyre sidewall for the Trans Am in Livery Editor. The default tyre were the GoodYear. Now, with the Michelin branding, I had to purchase Sport tyres to bring back the GoodYear branding.
Just tried switching multiple compounds. The default Comfort have “GT” branding. Sport are GoodYear. Racing have “GT” branding.
View attachment 1388111
1.49 has some branding changes going on for sure, and decoupling the branding from the tire compound is long overdue. Should be able to chose them independently.

I haven't tried it with widebody. So not sure we can do the same with having the raised white letter GoodYear after converting to widebody.

View attachment 1388111
Is that why the RX500's stock tires won't reappear?

Back