Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.49/1.50)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 161 comments
Not sure if it's just me but Sport mode now selects the required tyre rather than having to make you select it if not fitted to the car at the time is that happening for anyone else?

I can absolutely hear improved car engine audio, especially with regards exhaust audio. I'm utterly convinced I'm not hearing things and I'm a full time sound designer 8)
Yeah I think it's less muffled on some cars but I'm not 100% sure.

Definitely felt like that on Eiger.
Yeah had to pause because of the sudden wobble, makes me want to puke lol

Last edited:
We have new tire multiplier for some events. If remember correctly, Tokyo 600 is the only event that gets affected when PD change tire wear model. It started with 9x, then 12x, 15x and 25x. Fuel multiplier still the same.

Spa 800 - was x8, now it's 4x
Sardegna 800 - was x12, now it's 8x
Le Mans 700 - was 10x, now it's 6x
Tokyo 600 - was 25x (for quite a while!), now it's 12x

Pudles dry slowest.

I was playing last night and the race start with heavy rain, stop raining in 2nd lap and at the 6 lap the pudles were still there.

- I can't confirm this, but I pretty sure that reflexes are better on PS4. Now, I can see my driver and the racing suit (before was a generic white suit) in more cars than before. The reflexes in the pudles are more visible now too

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me but Sport mode now selects the required tyre rather than having to make you select it if not fitted to the car at the time is that happening for anyone else?
Just tried it and it didn't change. Still showed me the usual message.

I have not tried it to my horror, but the Goodyear tire letter that was available in Trans Am has been removed.
I saw on X/twitter that this letter is no longer available in new styles and if you change tires in a tune/style that already has this letter applied, it is lost forever.
If this is true, then to me this change is the worst dark side of this update.

I tried it out on a stock Trans Am I had in my garage.
I could still select the Goodyear lettering, just like before.

It seems the news was false.

Last edited:
Some units in my game (weight, size) seems to be in Imperial. Only speed remains metric. I don't know if this is something new, but as far as I remember it should be all metric.

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but I think they changed the way how the adjustable torque split/Variable Center Differential works for some 4WD cars. Now, pressing Up shifts more torque to the rear wheels, and Down to the front wheels.

Which I think really should have been the case from the beginning, because 4WD cars are prone to understeer, and the instinctive thing to do to mitigate that is to shift more torque towards the rear.

The Alpine VGT's rev bounce has been eliminated. Previously, upon accelerating with slightly reduced throttle or running a lean mixture, the car's revs would constantly "hop" or "wobble", which now doesn't happen at all anymore.

I have a feeling this is suspension related...and got fixed accidentally. :lol:

RB26 audio sample has been improved. Especially in the higher rpm range. Far from the real thing but its an improvement I guess.

Exhaust notes in general have been improved. Reverb Especially.

Nissan 400r has tweaked audio.

R32 GTR has been tweaked.

Graphics are still the same. Still waiting for the overdone hdr lighting to be toned down and a better AA solution as the image quality is a bit meh.

Not sure but it seems to me that cockpit view + Wobble option 2 wobbles a lot more than before ? Might be the new suspension engine ?
There is absolutely more [exaggerated] head movement in the cockpit view, now.
I noticed this instantly when taking the Gallardo around High Speed Ring, my go-to test track. Around the banking at about 300km/h, the driver's head (and thus POV) gets pulled toward the centre of the (left-hand drive) car.

While I can see this being distracting, I actually didn't mind it too much. Maybe some more playtime is needed.

Separately, I've found a reproducible bug that I suspect is related to the issues with the new physics calculations:
  • Standard E36 M3 around the banking at HSR, no problems, as expected.
  • Add any modified suspension and/or LSD to the same car
  • Modified E36 M3 around banking reaches a certain point where steering immediately goes full lock to the left, and won't respond to (controller) inputs. Car spins out.
  • Uninstalling suspension and LSD avoids this.

Tested this with a few other cars and the same thing happened.
Either it's a physics bug (my suspicion) or maybe it now accurately models tyre rub or bottoming out, resulting in loss of control.

There is absolutely more [exaggerated] head movement in the cockpit view, now.
I noticed this instantly when taking the Gallardo around High Speed Ring, my go-to test track. Around the banking at about 300km/h, the driver's head (and thus POV) gets pulled toward the centre of the (left-hand drive) car.

While I can see this being distracting, I actually didn't mind it too much. Maybe some more playtime is needed.

Separately, I've found a reproducible bug that I suspect is related to the issues with the new physics calculations:
  • Standard E36 M3 around the banking at HSR, no problems, as expected.
  • Add any modified suspension and/or LSD to the same car
  • Modified E36 M3 around banking reaches a certain point where steering immediately goes full lock to the left, and won't respond to (controller) inputs. Car spins out.
  • Uninstalling suspension and LSD avoids this.

Tested this with a few other cars and the same thing happened.
Either it's a physics bug (my suspicion) or maybe it now accurately models tyre rub or bottoming out, resulting in loss of control
Are you sure that this isn't just because the car's ride height is too low with the new suspension? If it's too low the wheels get stuck in the arches. That has been there forever.

Are you sure that this isn't just because the car's ride height is too low with the new suspension? If it's too low the wheels get stuck in the arches. That has been there forever.
As mentioned, I thought of that.
But it's also happening to cars that previously didn't exhibit this behaviour...

The game crashing when trying to delete replays because your replay is artificially limited and requires remove space - This used to hard crash the game and send a report, now it just locks up the game and you are stuck on the "edit" for storage replay and nothing shows in the actual list. You can't exit you just have to PS button home and close it. So their fix was to just prevent it from submitting reports of the crash.. that is literally the most duplicit bug worsening I have ever encountered.

Last edited:
Not only is Sophy A.I. available for 2 new circuits, but it seems to have had an update to its system too, which has gone undocumented.

Remember how in Gr.3* races at Road Atlanta, at the start of the race every car would move to the left in tandem up against the pit wall? They don't do that anymore.
So something related to defensive driving has been toned down a bit.

After a bit more racing it seems that its general aggression has been reduced a bit. You can still get divebombed but they seem to also back out of situations a bit more too. I've also been switchbacked many times haha.

Small additional note. It's also able to drive the Nissan Longboi (GT-R LM Nismo) at a pace competitive to other Gr.1 opponents, which is cool.

Try out Sophy A.I. yourselves if you're on PS5!

* Possibly other categories too, but that was the one I mainly used.

Last edited:
Not only is Sophy A.I. available for 2 new circuits, but it seems to have had an update to its system too, which has gone undocumented.

Remember how in Gr.3* races at Road Atlanta, at the start of the race every car would move to the left in tandem up against the pit wall? They don't do that anymore.
So something related to defensive driving has been toned down a bit.

* Possibly other categories too, but that was the one I mainly used.
Well, if it's a "real" AI (real in the sense the term AI is defined in computer science) it should learn and adjust constantly.

Well, if it's a "real" AI (real in the sense the term AI is defined in computer science) it should learn and adjust constantly.

You are mistaken here. Sophy AI, when deployed as part of GT7 – just like ChatGPT, when installed on your phone – does not learn from you. The training of an AI system is a separate process that is quite tightly controlled and monitored.

I can also assure you that there is no commonly accepted definition of AI – let alone "real" AI – in computer science.

rlx
You are mistaken here. Sophy AI, when deployed as part of GT7 – just like ChatGPT, when installed on your phone – does not learn from you. The training of an AI system is a separate process that is quite tightly controlled and monitored.

I can also assure you that there is no commonly accepted definition of AI – let alone "real" AI – in computer science.
Well, what I meant is that AI is often just a buzzword used for everything those days.
But I guess you're right about it not learning constantly. I forgot it runs on the console, not on PD's servers, hence why it is not available on PS4.

Back