Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.49/1.50)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 161 comments
Two I've noticed:
  • When scrolling the tire menu it jumps to the next option regardless of whether or not you own it, rather than jumping to the next available one, which IMO is a bit of a QoL loss
  • Licences and missions have some kind of demonstration ghost enabled by default now, might not be new but I've never seen it before and have definitely not changed a setting myself

Quite often, reading this thread reminds me of my wife's contribution to motoring at our house...

"We should put a bit of air in the tyres, I can feel the pressure has gone down slightly in the front left"

(Observation made whilst driving)

I'm like, I love you very much... But no, you can't.
You know..the funny thing is after spending the past several months trying to unwind fanatec and pd’s wheel settings(dd+)..which consisted of a fair amount of ripping around on carriage roads(see eigher/nord) and in conjunction with a fancy digital tire pressure reader in the car…i can now actually tell when the tire pressure falls off. Which happens, surprisingly, every couple weeks. I know. I should get new tires…but its been fun seeing if i could tell, and then if i could guess which ones have gone down.

Weird things happen when you become obsessed with ffb vs irl. 😂

Sometimes the posts get a little specific but I do thank everyone for trying to check every detail. Too bad PD just don't put it all in the patch notes. I guess Kaz likes us examining the game so closely. We collectively are resource PD can't afford. I'm confident we find bugs and quirks his own staff miss. We're free developer labor.

I'm convinced the majority of this thread is just people experiencing placebo effects and being convinced they're right.

The RB26 cars sound the same. So does the Zonda R - it still sounds like crap and nothing like the real thing. The lighting and smoke are identical to what they were pre-patch.

There really needs to be more vetting here, guys. For what it's worth, I'll pitch in with an actual change that I've noticed - the exaggerated engine braking effect when repeatedly downshifting in cars with non-racing transmissions has finally been fixed.
I worded it wrongly, but the bounce lightning from the helmet visor is really new. Thats the only lightning improvement... But its really there.

Also some cars used to reflect the original white suit even if you changed your suit... That has been fixed. I even specified the cars... Check any C8 gameplay before 1.49 and you Will see It. Also the BMW M3 E46..

Edit: for the visor update, change your visor to red or blue and you Will see It. Its also a fact It was not there before the patch... I rock a pink/red visor and it didnt have this effect bfore

Last edited:
This is more of a bug. I don't know if 1.49 introduced this bug but I certainly don't remember seeing this bug before.

If you try to set a thumbnail for your video, the thumbnails are shown corrupt, even though the main screen looks fine. And the same video uploaded on youtube, shows the thumbnail still corrupt.
1722540964031.png

Quite often, reading this thread reminds me of my wife's contribution to motoring at our house...

"We should put a bit of air in the tyres, I can feel the pressure has gone down slightly in the front left"

Actually, it’s not impossible that she could feel that while driving. If the pressure difference is large enough the car would want to turn left due to the difference in rolling resistance between the front left and front right. So you can’t know that she’s wrong until you have checked the tyre pressure.

Yes you absolutely can. I've been out with my mom pumping up the tires many times and she always says the wheel turns much easier afterwards, if the tires were underpumped before.

This is on a car with a broken power steering motor.

There are things in life sometimes, which you can feel, but others can't, maybe this is just one of those things. Additionally...don't get overconfident.

There have definitely been sweeping changes to the sound design.

Exhaust sounds are more distorted, except racing exhausts. There is also additional reverb. But the mix is still quite compressed (dynamic range), so the overall effect is to create a wall of sound, rather than the impressive dynamics of the real thing, or indeed of the PS3 era games.

I noticed some new effects, wind noise and impacts on curbs sound different - I think there are new "sweeteners", e.g. something intermittent that sounds like keys jangling that I've not heard before. The sound of the shifter in the gate for manual cars, especially older cars, sounds louder now. In fact, maybe these effects, like the turbo sounds, are just mixed at a higher level / more prominently.

The interior of weight-reduced cars is a little comically overly reverberant now, sounds like you've got your head in a bucket. But this is on a PS4.

I don't like the new gear changes. I got used to lifting and it sounded pretty good. Now it's as sterile as it ever used to be, again.
I remember us discussing the sounds in GT on here probably 15+ years ago, some things never change! :D

For what it's worth, if you have a TH8A and a wheel with a clutch pedal, you can use the DriveHub to have a fully working manual.

What is interesting is even though technically no peripherals are out that officially allow you to do this, it feels like they have made some changes to how the clutch + H pattern shifting works in the update. The upshifts are possibly even more lenient on having throttle input (although 100% throttle is still blocked with a 'mis-shift') but also the rev matching when down shifting requires more precision than it used to, a simple blip without much thought can still result in a bit of a shift lock effect when you bring the clutch up, whereas before this never mattered, now it definitely feels like it has more of an impact on the attitude / balance of the car.

Does anyone notice something wrong with the ghost?
Trying to practice for an upcoming race my ghost doesn't function right , its behind me then goes off and suddenly is Infront of me .
Suppose it keeps the faster one but perhaps something wrong when you hit new try or i don't know what else it is .
Definitely doesn't work properly.

I did a quich search in this thread but i didn't see anything about "Rollcage". It seems that they are only cosmetics after update , no PP change like before , not even 0.01PP .

Can't say it's this update specifically but I'm wondering if the ghost cars were made more invisible at some point in the past while. I haven't used them in some time because I always found they'd obscure my view of the track ahead too much and were too distracting but I was just doing some laps and turned the ghost on and I could swear it's more invisible and less obtrusive now...was actually quite enjoying "racing" myself.

Last edited:
Idk if its been mentioned or if its been there but it looks like they added some new lables to the back of the collar of the racing suit.

Aww man in the Neo Classic(or w/e) race, I saw that Castrol Supra knock the Penzoil GT-R off the track on that last turn at Big Willow(twice!). Also, around the 9th or 8th lap, first and second place has some kind of castrophic collision. I actually saw dust in the distance and I come around the corner and both of them are parked on the track facing each other. One of them rammed me, knocking me off the track and giving them just enought time to get back on track and keep their position.

Technically it's speed vs traction you can understeer by just applying steering angle and nothing else if you are going to fast for the available grip.

You can also accelerate to hard with to much steering angle which causes power understeer (running wide on corner exit for example)
"Understeer is a function of braking"

Jon Stewart What GIF

I'm glad someone else picked up on that too because it really pickled my cabbage.

Guys on my team are reporting an increase of wear (oil, engine and chassis) on this update. Used to take 10.000km for a engine overhaul, now it seems it takes 3 races (less than 1.000km).
In Alfa 155dtm '93, I did the engine overhaul twice but the torque that had dropped with wear, does not regenerate

In Alfa 155dtm '93, I did the engine overhaul twice but the torque that had dropped with wear, does not regenerate
Yeah that does happens. Some high milage losses in Torque and BHP are permanent. Changing oil/engine overhaul won't restore factory values, only replacing the engine.

But that's not new. What seems to be new on 1.49 is the increase on wear, on how long (or short in this case) you need to do maintenance.

Yeah that does happens. Some high milage losses in Torque and BHP are permanent. Changing oil/engine overhaul won't restore factory values, only replacing the engine.

But that's not new. What seems to be new on 1.49 is the increase on wear, on how long (or short in this case) you need to do maintenance.

So the wear of the engine remains permanent even changing oil and doing the overhaul to the engine?

Last edited:
This is more of a bug. I don't know if 1.49 introduced this bug but I certainly don't remember seeing this bug before.

If you try to set a thumbnail for your video, the thumbnails are shown corrupt, even though the main screen looks fine. And the same video uploaded on youtube, shows the thumbnail still corrupt.
View attachment 1377306
This bug has been fixed in 1.50.

Perhaps I should have posted this here instead of the 1.50 thread 🤷‍♂️

I may have found an undocumented enhancement as a result of 1.50. I posted about it here.

It appears the recording quality when in VR has improved from 1.49 to 1.50. At least with regards to the HUD. I have not changed anything between versions but there is a noticeable improvement in video quality.

There were PP updates on some older (pre-2001) cars in 1.50 versus 1.49.

Update - there are "stealth" PP updates on some newer cars (mostly Gr.3). The changes reflected in the garage once you get in an affected car, but not in Brand Central.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back