Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Idk if they just didn't want 6 separate labels, but all the comfort tires are Pilot Sport 4S tires, while all the sports tires are Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tires.
What I'm even more curious about is that since older cars like the classic muscle cars have a different looking tyre model compared to the rest, would those be rebranded as any of the classic tyres Michelin makes like the Pilote X/TRX or they're just going to give everything that originally came with a Comfort tyre as Pilot Sport 4Ss (from what we see in the trailer so far)? Which does make it funny if you think that the Himedic would come with Pilot Sport 4Ss by standard...or I'm just overthinking this.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 Revealed: Eiger Nordwand to Return, Plus Six New Cars

A fan-favorite, PlayStation 3-era circuit is making its return to the Gran Turismo series, as Polyphony Digital has revealed that Eiger Nordward will be coming to GT7 in update 1.49 this month...
That Subaru is the reason I currently drive an STi. I have been in love with the car and brand since GT3 dropped. The track is pretty good too, I remember it being really fun to get right. Hard to pass though, lots of divebombs, if this makes a daily it's gonna be carnage for a while lolol

Pilot Sport 4S are 300 TW High Performance summer tires, which I find surprising because I always thought Comfort Hards were standard all-seasons. It seems like Comfort Hards would be High-Performance All Season tires, at the worst. Which would mean even Comfort Hards would be "too grippy" for some of the more pedestrian cars in the game (e.g. Prius, Alphard, etc)

The labels could have been done better for guys like us who are very picky about the actual tires we used on our actual cars in real life.

If you want to coordinate the tyres you run in game to real life versions, you will want to test them against known data from real life and compare to in game. None of the tyres in game accurately suggest pace they are capable of when compared to real life. For example, at present, even a Hoosier R7 falls somewhere around a SH-SM at max. And the hottest of the hot 200tw track tyres are in line with the grip and pace of a CS. Crazy as it is, the fastest 200tw tyres are pretty much faster than anything that isn't a DOT radial race tyre. Faster than the trackday oriented tyres like the NT01, R888R, AR1, etc.

86cup is an excellent source of data to compare to, as the exact cars used are available in game, as are a number of the tracks.

I will be interested in how the data shakes out after the update.

You're right, it's already the most viewed update trailer on the GT YouTube channel, for both Sport and 7.

Next highest is Sport's December 2018 trailer at 228K.
How can this be so, I've been reliably informed that the game is in a coma. ;)

I think what I'm looking forward to most is the new circuit experience, to be honest. Enjoyed a lot of those, it will be fun to have a new one.

Closely followed by Sophy at Nordschleife.

What I'm even more curious about is that since older cars like the classic muscle cars have a different looking tyre model compared to the rest, would those be rebranded as any of the classic tyres Michelin makes like the Pilote X/TRX or they're just going to give everything that originally came with a Comfort tyre as Pilot Sport 4Ss (from what we see in the trailer so far)? Which does make it funny if you think that the Himedic would come with Pilot Sport 4Ss by standard...or I'm just overthinking this.
Since that would also affect some other cars that has built-in tire stickers from other companies (Lambo VGT has Pirellis, Super Formulas have Yokohamas, MP4/4 has Goodyears, etc), I guess that wouldn't affect them until you equip a livery with tire sticker set to blank.

Something curious I've been thinking about is, with the tires now having Michelin branding, what each tire compound corresponds to is now much clearer. But to me, it's surprising. Or, maybe my understanding of how the tires in the games correlated to the real world is completely wrong.

Idk if they just didn't want 6 separate labels, but all the comfort tires are Pilot Sport 4S tires, while all the sports tires are Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tires.

Pilot Sport 4S are 300 TW High Performance summer tires, which I find surprising because I always thought Comfort Hards were standard all-seasons. It seems like Comfort Hards would be High-Performance All Season tires, at the worst. Which would mean even Comfort Hards would be "too grippy" for some of the more pedestrian cars in the game (e.g. Prius, Alphard, etc)

The Pilot Sport Cup 2 R is a 140TW street-legal track tire. The whole Sports tire family being street-legal track tires makes sense to me, but also confirms even Sports Hards are going to be more tire than what would come with like half of the road cars in the game.

View attachment 1370908

My only concern about this tire branding is... What will happen to the race tire branding selection available in livery editor? Some of the cars ingame uses dunlop tires and other brands.

There aren't different 4S and Cup 2R compounds aside from possibly vehicle-specific versions AFAIK.

My interpretation though is that:

Comfort = Summer Performance, so a Comfort Soft could be a 4S, while CM and CH will be whatever equivalent "lower performance" summer tires are.

Sports = Street-Legal Track, so the Cup 2R could be Sports Softs, while SM and SH will be whatever the less aggressive versions are.

Which is why I wonder why they didn't just do 6 different tire labels to better differentiate them. Or maybe the tire models don't completely fit any of Michelin's lineup and those were the best representative choice?

The way i interpret the tire compounds is
CH/CM = ecobox tires. The equivalent of a Michelin Defender or Crossclimate tire.
CS = Michelin Primacy
SH = Michelin Pilot Sport 5
SM = Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2
SS = Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R. The rationale being that its a tire that has tons of grip but will not last long.

I suppose we could have a sport super soft for the Cup 2 R since SM would then take the place of a PSS5, but the way sport hards currently behave in game remind me a lot of Pilot Sport 5 instead of a Pilot Sport 5 S. It just lacks that extra grip but the thermal management is also pretty poor on Pilot Sport 5.
All of this is why the track surface data(abrasion, time of day/track surface temps, driving offline to the racing line in damp/wet conditions) should have more effect on the tyre than the multiplier. Unless the overall time be the multiplier.

As for the tyre branding, it’s been mentioned from the trailer, the Gr.B NSX Continental branding is seen. It wouldn’t be much different than when the World Tour Broadcast are using Michelin branding for all Manu cars. Even the road cars are using the new Michelin branded road tyres.
I mentioned before maybe the Gr.4 tyre branding is unlocked with this update. Granting access to all the other tyre brands like Gr.3 and Gr.1. I still don’t know why Gr.4 cars have been prohibited from the other tyre brands since GT Sport.

After seing digit gaming video about gt7 update 1.49, might explain why the update is not coming until the 25th. Looks to be because pd getting feedback from the world series drivers about the physics,

The more I think about the tire thing, the less sense it makes.

Surely all the classic American muscle cars wouldn't come equipped with completely incongruous tires?

What about all the vintage racers with old-fashioned cross ply tires?

I sincerely hope PD don't compromise on the accuracy of their car models for the sake of corporate $$$...

The more I think about the tire thing, the less sense it makes.

Surely all the classic American muscle cars wouldn't come equipped with completely incongruous tires?

What about all the vintage racers with old-fashioned cross ply tires?

I sincerely hope PD don't compromise on the accuracy of their car models for the sake of corporate $$$...
The reality is, they are most likely unlocking the tire sticker options (available now to any Gr. 2 or Gr. 1 car), for any cars fitted with the racing compounds. It's the only thing that makes sense, and I will be incredibly surprised if this doesn't end up being the case.

Has no one looked at the prices of tuning components and tyres shown in the video for july's update for GT7?
The cost of a set of medium racing tyres is shown as 2,850,000 cr. A stage one weight reduction is shown as 430,000 cr.
If these figures are true then the cost of these components has been raised by over A HUNDRED TIMES.
It would take forever to get the credits together to buy even one set of tyres.

Has no one looked at the prices of tuning components and tyres shown in the video for july's update for GT7?
The cost of a set of medium racing tyres is shown as 2,850,000 cr. A stage one weight reduction is shown as 430,000 cr.
If these figures are true then the cost of these components has been raised by over A HUNDRED TIMES.
When will people finally learn...

If you zoom in on this shot it looks like the jump has been flattened quite a bit

Attachments

• IMG_0141.png
    IMG_0141.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 9
It's been mentioned about 20 times in this very thread already, the latest case being less than 16 hours from now. I strongly recommend reading a bit.

Rough first post, bud... No worries. You'll get there.

As others have said, this has been gone over 1000 times or more, at this point. The prices are based on the Japanese Yen. So, they are roughly a 100X greater than what you will see in a western release. ;)

MTX's mate, they just want your money.

For Real Lol GIF by WE tv

edit: I'm being sarcastic by the way.

Last edited:
Not totally related but showing off the new Rally physics in the trailer, something which (at the risk of offending someone) I'm pretty sure nobody cares about in GT7, makes me think Pikes Peak might eventually happen in the game. Seems weird to specifically showcase that.
My comparison with the two tracks is summarized by the two points I mention, and it is to assume that it is derogatory.
I enjoy Pikes Peak and I don't like the Eiger. I even like GT rally, but I didn't even like the layouts (K) of this track.
Yes, I also hope that one day Pikes Peak returns to Gran Turismo.
And I don't understand what you mean: "I'm pretty sure nobody cares about in GT7",,, if it's relative to nobody liking Rally it's not what the images below show.

Attachments

• IMG_20240624_233311.jpg
    IMG_20240624_233311.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240616_185356.jpg
    IMG_20240616_185356.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 9
Curious what the physics change will be. The game still has issues letting us know when the car is about to suddenly kick out and send us flying towards the wall. I think off track grip could be reduced greatly.

Looking forward to a new track, any new track. Maybe one day they’ll drop Autumn Ring/Mini and Apricot Hill on us. Still think it’d be cool to have some tracks in different seasons, Autumn Ring would be great, I’ve seen some pics of Road Atlanta with frost or snow everywhere but the track.

The cars are just meh for me, at least they’re nice looking cars though. Just seems like they really like giving us mostly variants of what we already have.

Curious to see if any other new features get dropped unannounced.

If tyres are getting some attention in this update then PD can surely sort out the custom race opponents’ tyres defaulting to standard compound issue!
This is something that would be greatly welcomed. Hopefully they give us the option to crank up the difficulty with a slider. I have a good trans am custom race setup but after about 7 laps I’ve won. This part of the game seriously needs some attention.

Back