Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
I haven't read everything about the update in every relevant thread so excuse my question if already answered:

Does a physics-update of any sort automatically mean there is going to be some PP-changes?

It's interesting to me that the PS2 era is the only one they seem not to be returning to for fictional tracks. We had the PS1 originals come back, the PS3 now has Eiger to go with Route X, the PS4 is obviously very well represented and even the PS5 now has Lake Louise, but no fictional tracks that started off on the PS2.

It's probably mostly because a lot of that era's tracks are city tracks which we know are resource-intensive, thinking about it.

BTW. Since we already have RUF CTR, and now Ruf RGT being added it seems like PD still have good contact with Ruf brand (even when Porsche is in the game too)
I wonder is Ruf Yellowbird a possibility. PD like to add legendary cars and this one is famous + it was in older GT game already.

I'm guessing the dirt physics are receiving an overhaul judging by a clip of dirt driving being shown after "New Physics". I want to like rallying in this game so I look forward to the prospect of them actually improving it.

I'm guessing the dirt physics are receiving an overhaul judging by a clip of dirt driving being shown after "New Physics". I want to like rallying in this game so I look forward to the prospect of them actually improving it.
You guessed wrong.

All lobbies will be like this on 26.07.2024 😁 😁 😁

1720435827854.png

As for the Eiger, it's not even mentioned in the track suggestions threads:
The Suggestions forums were set up in 2014, when GT6 was still a baby. There was little need then to suggest a track that was already in the game because it was... already in the game.

I guess nobody figured a new track from the HD era would be (more permanently) cut for Sport and need suggesting again, as they were all focussed on the GT1-4 era classics - in particular the nearby Grindelwald from GT2.

As far as racing versions of the BMW M3 go, I'm unsure if a racing version of the E36 (or even the E30) would be as interesting compared to the E46 GTR that was so iconic, especially since it seems like it'd easily go into Gr.3. I don't even think we need the road-going M3 GTR that debuted in GT4, either, even though it had that V8 versus the more typical I6 - just the racing version. (I think I heard the racecar was so good, it actually got banned!) I could also go on about other BMW racers that aren't based on an M3 - like the V12 LMR that won Le Mans and the M Hybrid V8 for two Gr.1 entries, the new M4 GT3 Evo, and the DTM-spec M4 that could join the Audi RS5 in Gr.2 - but I digress.
BTW. Since we already have RUF CTR, and now Ruf RGT being added it seems like PD still have good contact with Ruf brand (even when Porsche is in the game too)
I wonder is Ruf Yellowbird a possibility. PD like to add legendary cars and this one is famous + it was in older GT game already.
I bet the CTR "Yellowbird" would come at some point - after all, it's RUF's most iconic model. (That'd be like a game that has Toyota but no A80 Supra.) Maybe we could even get the CTR2 as well, to complete the trio.

EDIT: I bet that the car we'll be tasked with for the Circuit Experience of Eiger Nordwand will be that classic Subaru rally car, too.

Last edited:
I bet the CTR "Yellowbird" would come at some point - after all, it's RUF's most iconic model. (That'd be like a game that has Toyota but no A80 Supra.) Maybe we could even get the CTR2 as well, to complete the trio.

EDIT: I bet that the car we'll be tasked with for the Circuit Experience of Eiger Nordwand will be that classic Subaru rally car, too.
I just noticed it is in leaked car list as CTR_87 xD

Maybe someday we ll get Alpina, Schnitzer or Brabus..... :cheers: :D🔥🔥🔥

With how expensive it is to recreate the scenarios in HD, as could be seen in the documentary with the helicopter flights capturing the Alps region, it would be a waste if they did not expand the circuits with the same setting for a fraction of the cost.
At a minimum, dirt tracks (K, G and W) or new reinterpretations should appear as a natural extension. But Eiger is located just 5 kilometers from the village of Grindelwald and they practically share a horizon, they could reuse the 100x100 digital model of the terrain of the stage.
Mount Matterhorn (Cervino) is about 70 kilometers away, it would not be such a direct use but the photogrammetry of the elements and graphic references of the entire natural environment would also be fully reusable.

But well, it is easier to include the Bugatti circuit in La Sarthe or Suzuka West and strange circumstances continue to prevent its official appearance in Gran Turismo.

Since you seem to know about the upcoming changes in physics, why don't you tell us more?
I’d assume there must be new tyre physics coming at least. Otherwise, why choose to highlight something that would effectively be nothing more than tyre stickers unless there’s some underlying change to the tyre model?

Lucas Ordoñez in the Spanish comments of the Montreal event was talking a lot about the changes to the physics engine after talking with Mikail Hızal, who seems to be one of the main people responsible for beta testing at Polyphony, and the competing drivers.
The changes will focus on the suspensions and tires. According to him, they have made the physics of force transfer in braking, weight distribution and lateral balance more complex and have changed tire degradation. With the new update the tires will wear more with aggressive driving and appear to perform worse at high wear levels (this is something that could be clearly seen at the Montreal event).

In any case, I suppose that the GtPlanet team will be preparing an article about it.

Definitely looks like they smoothed out the big air jump hopefully we’ll still get a little air just to make it fun.

It's a sizeable update, so that's cool.

But, as is absolutely normal, it won't be awesome for everybody. I don't care for that track, although I guess its scenery would make for some nice period shots with vintage racing cars. But that's about it.

About the cars, REALLY don't care about yet another make believe VGT BS. But the Bimmer and the RUF are cool, specially the RUF: gaming world has been fairly tough on them since everybody can get their hands on Porsches. I will never complain about a new Lambo or Ferrari, even duplicated ones.

I am curious about the physics. I don't know what is more realistic, but I know I did like the release version better than the physics we got from the last big update.

Back