Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
I must prefer older cars and in fact I wish they’d get even older…I would gladly pay money for a DLC of 90s tin cans.

Older cars are the ones that are in real danger of disappearing from real life, and these days are actually less common than new cars, even new exotics. Those old cars are the ones I might never have a chance to drive in real life and if they’re not documented in games then they might be lost forever.
The remark would be "if you want to play old cars just play the older games that contain them"

The E36 M3 coming reminded me that GT2 was almost going to have a E36 323i at one point (this is screenshot from early GT2 builds when it still used GT1 wheels):
1720395764908.png

Also I feel the 599 would be a more appropriate Ferrari pick instead of the 430 Scuderia if they're going all out with the GTHD Concept nods (given, y'know, the Impreza and Eiger), but I digress.

Looks like a Euro spec 3.2 which will probably then have a 6 speed conventional pattern gearbox.
I’m also confident it’s a Euro spec. Euro plate mount obviously and clear side markers. All US cars have amber side markers factory. This one doesn’t have the Euro-optional headlight washers which would be a dead giveaway. I also can’t tell if the headlights have the glass markings.
The remark would be "if you want to play old cars just play the older games that contain them"
Those games did a poor job of preserving the essence of those cars. That’s why GT7’s fidelity is so important to keeping them alive.

True! I had to go check, but GT2 has five E36s in it, and the three Ci models can be race modified. What's stranger is that the 328Ci made it into GT3, and was then one of the very few cars that wasn't brought back in GT4, PSP, 5 or 6.
The 3-series in the final version of GT2 (barring the 323ti, which are actually E36/5s) are E46s, not E36s.

Time to start streaming playing on the PS3 with Eiger Normand as as "secret leak" for maximum confusion to set in, and well to have a fresh comparison for the GT7 release. Probably best to do it in a NASA spec E36 bimmer too. ( That's a sanctioning body btw for those who dunno IRL )

The E36 M3 coming reminded me that GT2 was almost going to have a E36 323i at one point (this is screenshot from early GT2 builds when it still used GT1 wheels):
1720395764908.png
That's not the 323i Coupe to note, just an earlier version of the 323TI compact.

I revisited Spec 2 trailer to make some comparisions and noticed one thing. Spec 2 had much much more fun stuff added than shown in trailer like weeklies, more paprika races, new menu books, pro license tests. Yeah I know it is normal for updates to show only cars snd track in trailer, but I feel like much more interesting stuff is coming with this update! :) Big updates tend to gather more content!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back