Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Everything looks solid in this update minus the crazy price for the tires. 2.85 million for Racing Mediums without any adjustment to pay outs for races
It's a Japanese account. All the values - prizes and costs - are 100 times larger in the game in that locale as it's more in line with the numbers expected in Japan. 4,000cr for SH, 28,500cr for RM.
And I still don't know why they still use a Japanese account for promotional videos and images.

I think these free updates are PD way to say 'we're sorry' for bringing in Music Rally mode, and we should consider to forgive them.
What? Why do you think they’re sorry for Music Rally and what does it have to do with free content updates? Recently they added more Music Rally events, so I don’t think PD has any regrets no matter how odd the events may seem.

The free updates are a business strategy that helps GT keeping up momentum in both sales and active player numbers. People often seem to believe that these updates are intended as gifts for the GT community, but that’s not the full story.

Loving they're revamping PS3 tracks so I'm keeping everything crossed we get glorious updates to Ascari and Sierra.
Ascari was a lovely testing ground for road cars and Sierra with it's traffic was a very cool addition that would also work at locations like Tokyo and St Croix in GT7.

Excluding the Genesis, which I consider as useless as any VGTs in the game. So happy for a selection of quality cars again this month, excited to see the legendary Impreza Rally Car (Among other things with the McRae/Grist couple which brings me to so many memories of Colin McRae Rally on PSOne!) and get a RUF, finally RUF gets the love it deserves too! As for the E36 M3, among other things I saw that it is the same model that my father had when I was a child. 🥹

I love how we have more post launch GrB cars added than Gr1 and Gr4 now, :lol:

Eiger way, I am ecstatic about the track, as GT5 I fondly remember, and the car selection is decent enough too, ill definitely be trying all 6 out! But I am curious about the physics changes ...I JUST got used to the ones we currently have :scared:
All 6 cars? Weird, I only saw 5! That, and a weird... fish-looking thing.

Per Fraga and other drivers the physics change is significative, can’t wait.
Fear Panic GIF by Diego Farao

Per Fraga and other drivers the physics change is significative, can’t wait.
I'm okay with this occasional "level the playing field" type of change. Keeps things fresh, even moreso than new content. I was already happy that they brought back the bouncing of stiff suspension over curbs because that really smooth period handle very strange with too little consequence for the sausages.

Does someone knows if Sophy will be available on Nordschleife ? Or only Nürburgring 24 (Nordschleife + GP track).
The trailer says Nurb 24 specifically. We'll see when the patch notes come out.

Last edited:
I'm okay with this occasional "level the playing field" type of change. Keeps things fresh, even moreso than new content. I was already happy that they brought back the bouncing of stiff suspension over curbs because that really smooth period handle very strange with too little consequence for the sausages.

The trailer says Nurb 24 specifically. We'll see when the patch notes come out.
For sure, they say is better and the ffb is improved too so looking forward for that.

I'm with everybody else (i think) on this one, fantastic update. And although i was hoping for a proper racetrack, Eiger Nordwand looks glorious in PS5 form and brings back some nostalgia.

The cars are just perfect, and i'm saying this as someone who wants to see more race cars in the game. E36? My inner Nordschleife fanboy persona was just awakened.

On another funny sidenote: I saw an Alphard yesterday! I was going full Leonardo when i saw it. "Hey hey, i know this one from GT7!"
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

This photo stands out to me most because of the clear track modifications that have taken place. We're now going along an elevated bridge-like corner rather than a tight corner with slight banking. That tunnel in the video looks to come immediately after this corner as it did in the PS3 version, but it looks single lane. I am wondering if the pitlane is now at this section of track instead of being at the top near the hotel, train, and cafe. It looks like the whole track has been widened overall. I also wonder if they've smoothed out the bump at the top of the hill too. I don't see the track being used in GTWS series events with the bump still in place.

Come to think of it, I don't see this being used at all. Kinda looks wall-ridey all over.

Though I am a bit disappointed it's not the Montreal track that was hyped, I still welcome new tarmac after over a year of waiting.

View attachment 1370661
Seems like fully modeled trees like in the Grand Valley Track??

When You'll pause trailer at 0:28 sec mark it can be spotted - if You'll look closely - that Comfort Hard/Medium/Soft tires have "Pilot Sport 4s" written on them, and Sports Hard/Medium/Soft are "Cup 2 R" - so those are real life tires names. Probably just an inspiration/license, because IRL Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are very high performance tires (much more grip than CH for sure), and Cup 2 R don't come in 3 variations, but nonetheless it's a nice touch :)

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 Revealed: Eiger Nordwand to Return, Plus Six New Cars

A fan-favorite, PlayStation 3-era circuit is making its return to the Gran Turismo series, as Polyphony Digital has revealed that Eiger Nordward will be coming to GT7 in update 1.49 this month...
Nice car list but it’s worrisome how dated it is.

Have PD not got a pipeline with manufacturers to build their new models continually??

Iger is unexpected. I don’t remember it much other than being very twisty. It could be fun for free riding, not so much racing but that’s completely fine by me.

Back