Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Not the best comparison, but I thought it would be interesting to show the difference between the two (2006 & 2024).
View attachment 1370610
https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2024/07/gt7-update-149-eiger-nordwand-9.jpg
Have to say, this highlights again what a jump ps2 to ps3 was graphically. I appreciate the additional detail of the ps4/5 rendition, but man PS3 was a huge leap

Just want to remind anyone who does not like the update - it has been over 2 years since the game is out, PD still working & publishing content updates - it's not even a DLC - it is a free update --- one of many that we already have received. (for absolutely free !!!) . Just imagine Gran Turismo under a publisher like EA - paying real money for every new car they release ...

I think these free updates are PD way to say 'we're sorry' for bringing in Music Rally mode, and we should consider to forgive them.
Thank you for this free update, can't wait to get the BMW!
Because something is free, doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t be criticized. We all want the game to be better, but nothing gets better if you only praise and kiss PD’s butt all day long…

I did say we don't know what else will be added to the game. But from previous patches adding a few 'catch the rabbit' races per patch I'm going to assume it'll be the same.

If it's really THAT hard to make events then I'll understand, making a whole car to add is a lot of work, making a track is a lot of work, but if we can setup custom races quickly that wont take up much room then I'm surprised they haven't done an event dump like what I was suggesting would be nice for the future.

I did NOT say they will NOT add events in the next patch.
It reminds of something when it comes to new events. With the 430 Scuderia being added, when will PD add a series of World Circuits events focused on Ferrari like it has been since GT5?

Because the coupe was vastly more popular and built in much greater numbers. The essence of the M3 is a two-door sports car, not a four-door sedan.

I assume that amount is representing Japanese currency perhaps? I'm not familiar with the international versions so idk if everything around the world is pegged to the American dollar or Euro or what.
i would like to make a stw car

40754034465_9a6d3e9478_b.jpg

image.jpg

New events will likely come from the following pool:
  • Gr.1 Prototype Series for the Genesis
  • World Rally Challenge Gr.B or Dirt Champions for the Impreza - this one I think is guaranteed and it'll be at Eiger
  • European FR Challenge 550 for the M3
  • Ferrari Challenge for the 430
  • Schwarzwald League for the RUF
  • European Clubman Cup 600 for the Gallardo
I've learned not to expect new race types at this point; I could maybe see Lamborghini Exclusive come back to suit the Gallardo better but the other 5 fit too cleanly into existing races for there to be much chance of something new for them.

WoW those Michelin sports tires are pretty pricey for $600000!
It's a Japanese account. All the values - prizes and costs - are 100 times larger in the game in that locale as it's more in line with the numbers expected in Japan. 4,000cr for SH, 28,500cr for RM.
And I still don't know why they still use a Japanese account for promotional videos and images.

Not to say it's a bad update, it really isn't, but I do find it funny that some people are saying that it having 6 cars is significant. We're still moving at the same pace as always, but now we've had to wait 2 months for 6 cars instead of 3 cars per month. June's update got skipped and its cars bundled into July's update.

I look forward with a certain amount of trepidation to the new physics. Hopefully, it's better than the old physics rather than the alternative.

Pretty nice update though.

How little people need to get hyped lol

It's an update for 2 months(June and July) excluding cartoon car there are 5 new cars so 2.5 cars per month.

New track is always welcome and that's the best part of this update, also sophy on Norschleife.

But calling it great update or even the best update? Come on people xD

Nothing new regarding career or any kind of upgrade for single player, apart from probably 3-4 new catch the rabbit events.

Sorry but I'm not impressed.

Nothing new regarding career or any kind of upgrade for single player, apart from probably 3-4 new catch the rabbit events.
You'll never be hyped if you are expecting an overhaul of the games singleplayer career 2.5 years into its lifespan. It's not happening.

It is okay to be happy about the track and car content being added, and it is possible to do so whilst not belittling people who genuinely want to experience them.

Honestly, its the tire model/physics/ffb which the guys in Montreal have just experienced, and the new track. Although, the new track is a question mark, when it comes to sport mode, which has been drowning in repetition for almost a year now. Its why the car’s aren’t, and haven’t been interesting over the past year, as well. Just nowhere to use them, except single player.

Anyway, can’t wait to hear how the ffb and new physics perform on the dd+.
I’ve been wondering for a while whether PD has updated their wheel sdk’s for direct drive, or have been plonking along with belt drive instruction sets. The dd pro thread, over on the fanatec boards, last year seemed to imply pd’s sdk was archaic, and outdated. Hopefully, this is a move in the right direction.

This photo stands out to me most because of the clear track modifications that have taken place. We're now going along an elevated bridge-like corner rather than a tight corner with slight banking. That tunnel in the video looks to come immediately after this corner as it did in the PS3 version, but it looks single lane. I am wondering if the pitlane is now at this section of track instead of being at the top near the hotel, train, and cafe. It looks like the whole track has been widened overall. I also wonder if they've smoothed out the bump at the top of the hill too. I don't see the track being used in GTWS series events with the bump still in place.

Come to think of it, I don't see this being used at all. Kinda looks wall-ridey all over.

Though I am a bit disappointed it's not the Montreal track that was hyped, I still welcome new tarmac after over a year of waiting.

gt7-update-149-eiger-nordwand-8.jpg

On the surface this is a very good update. The car selection is nice and varied, not as good as the previous update's IMO but I can't wait to try out the rally Impreza and the Gallardo. Eiger Nordwand is a fantastic choice of track to bring back - I love circuits with interesting scenery, I'd rather have this than Montreal to be honest.

On the other hand I'm nervous about the tire thing and the physics. I really don't want them to do anything that affects PP calculations as I would need to retune around a hundred cars - perhaps someone on one of these discord chats could clarify that?

I also wouldn't want all racing tires to default to Michelin ones. I like the fact you can change the tire decals on the racing cars currently in the game, and the Michelin stickers would look terribly out of place on older race cars.

Yeah, those treads are the real world pilot and Cup 2 treads.
View attachment 1370600

Will be interesting to experience the new physics. Especially the wet weather physics.
Speaking of which, it's been discussed how the tires in the game are too sticky and don't really compare to real-life tire performance categories. While the Cup 2 makes sense for a "sport" tire, the "comfort" tires are all modeled after the PS4S which is certainly not a "comfort" tire.

I'd think a PS4S would be like a sport hard, a Cup 2 would be a sport medium, and a true r-compound like an R888 would be a sport soft. For comfort, we'd have anything from an eco tire to a sporty all-season which are all pretty sad.

i would like to make a stw car

40754034465_9a6d3e9478_b.jpg

image.jpg
Oh I'm sure people will have the liveries. We will probably get the LTW wing but not sure about the STC wing. Regardless, these STC cars were based on the 320i I believe rather than the M3. I wish we had the base models of a lot of cars rather than just the go-fast models. One of my favorite things is driving slow cars fast so I'd be ripping and tuning a 320i all over the place.

Not to say it's a bad update, it really isn't, but I do find it funny that some people are saying that it having 6 cars is significant. We're still moving at the same pace as always, but now we've had to wait 2 months for 6 cars instead of 3 cars per month. June's update got skipped and its cars bundled into July's update.

If you combine it with Mays update though, we're 2 cars up.

Back