Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
So I was looking at the world circuits map menu for Europe, and noticed that between Nürburgring and Deep Forest, there really isn't much room for them to squeeze Eiger in there, so they're going to have to do some rearranging on that menu.

now we need some night-only tracks to come back, I wish SSR11 and Rome Night could be back around, but this update may confirm that they are focusing on HD tracks. so, we'll mostly have to wait for SSR5 and SSR7 then.
Excluding "X", the SSR series is unlikely to come back. Tokyo Expressway has replaced it. Just as SSRX had replaced the old test course.

Last edited:
So I was looking at the world circuits map menu for Europe, and noticed that between Nürburgring and Deep Forest, there really isn't much room for them to squeeze Eiger in there, so they're going to have to do some rearranging on that menu.
They should have used this
IMG_4541.png
IMG_4542.jpeg

Excluding "X", the SSR series is unlikely to come back. Tokyo Expressway has replaced it. Just as SSRX had replaced the old test course.
Yeah, you're right but... It's not the same. Maybe the track could receive the same treatment that Grand Valley had: using the same layout in a different environment; same circuit, different city, a real world one. Perhaps that would be expecting too much from them. 😄

So a new "old" track, a bunch of cars I probably won't ever get and a physics update (oh and a couple of Sophie races.)

Honestly the physics update is what I am excited for and maybe racing Sophie on the new tracks even if one of those tracks is Lago Maggiore but Nurburgring 24 should be fun.

In terms of the track I would have preferred genuinely new tracks but it seems we are on a bit of a roll with returning stuff with Eiger following on from the previous returnee, Grand Valley. I guess any extra tracks to race on is good but I hope we get something actually never seen before in a GT game whenever PD next decide to push out a track.

The cars are always the least exciting thing for me in these updates and nothing really shining out for me personally.

The physics update probably is not that huge, because it would mean they would have to run ALL of Sophy simulations all over again. Sophy is based on a specific (default) setup of each car, so when the behaviour changes, it won't know exactly how to drive it anymore.
That's not how it works....

The cars are trained to track data and car performance.

This is Sophy 360 no scope drifting a countach in the late beta phase

One would assume the learning is more refined now and the training models open to less/more grip or less/more braking performance

AI doesn't work the way you quite think it does. It's way more adaptable than you imagine considering it's had several public beta tests and literally in game constant learning to feed the models.

It would take just a few computational hours to get it to learn a new circuit now let alone a few parameter changes to the world sandbox

No 1989 Batmobile, no Space Shuttle, no Arkham Knight Tank Car, no Toyota Pod and no Kart Space track to accompany said vehicles. Come on PD, get it together.
You can joke all about the other ones, but Kart Space is a much-needed track. It would not only offer more variety but would give the racing kart an actual proper track to race on.

If we continue like this, we will see labels everywhere, it will look like the GOTY edition of Batman Arkham for PlayStation 3

1000003429.jpg

Last edited:
mef
Nice car list but it’s worrisome how dated it is.

Have PD not got a pipeline with manufacturers to build their new models continually??

Iger is unexpected. I don’t remember it much other than being very twisty. It could be fun for free riding, not so much racing but that’s completely fine by me.
I must prefer older cars and in fact I wish they’d get even older…I would gladly pay money for a DLC of 90s tin cans.

Older cars are the ones that are in real danger of disappearing from real life, and these days are actually less common than new cars, even new exotics. Those old cars are the ones I might never have a chance to drive in real life and if they’re not documented in games then they might be lost forever.

now we need some night-only tracks to come back, I wish SSR11 and Rome Night could be back around, but this update may confirm that they are focusing on HD tracks. so, we'll mostly have to wait for SSR5 and SSR7 then.
Alternatively…how about we take what used to be night-only tracks and be able to see them in a new light with the 24 hour cycle? That really changes the game and adds challenge to tracks we thought we knew well.

Last edited:
Back