Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
My opinion on the update is a 8/10, imo the track is fine but the cars seem bland, i only care a little about 430 scuderia, genesis and subaru. I think that the gallardo and m3 are the good additions from this update.
Also, i think the physics and sophy could be very interesting

Last edited:
I would totally liked that long course as well but probably not coming with the update

Last edited:
Only thing I predicted correctly was that we’ll have to wait until the end of the month for the update to arrive… (which was kind of a obvious one…) Would’ve been nice if it were released immediately… nothing forces them to release updates only at the end of a month right?

The track is a welcome return, did many laps on it in previous games :) Just hope PD didn’t ruin it with too many changes like they did with the others…

The RUF RGT 4.2 is a left-field choice, but it's definitely not a bad one because RUF doesn't get a whole lot of publicity nowadays. The E36 is a much needed addition for the M3/M4 lineage that's sure to please a lot of people. I hope we can swap a 2JZ into it like Adam LZ has. The Gallardo and 430 Scuderia are sure to bring back memories of GT5 on Eiger Nordwand, but I'm not sure if the 22B Impreza will because it was a standard car in GT5. Anyhow, there's going to be plenty of things for me to sink my teeth into. Especially with the updated physics that I'll definitely over-analyse. Hooray!

Last edited:
I wish it was a different track, a circuit, but this track was fun back in the day and it could make for entertaining daily races in grB cars like the ones PD does in Lago.

The cars are decent, but no race car means for me it's a bit meh.

I'm excited about the physics changes and new tyres. I am hoping the game becomes less on rails and more dynamic.

And Sophy updates are always good to have. If we can do 3 laps at the ring that makes it the longest race Sophy can do to date.

Damn this is a huge throwback
Should’ve called this the PS3 Tribute Update
I remember using the Eiger track to test out tunes in GT5 and 6, has a nice balance of fast and slow corners, I just hope they redesigned the pit lane so that it isn’t longer than the actual track
Also, I doubt there are any other significant changes to the layout, it’s quite hard to reconfigure a street circuit

Oh my god a new track! Are PD feeling ok?

Have to say I did like this track on GT5, I’m glad it’s made a come back, but I would have preferred a prepped race track rather than a TimeTrail road. I remember doing lots of time trialing round here but never much racing.

The 6 cars are meh… again another bloody Subaru Impreza all though it’s actually a decent on this time in the WRX rally. Again another version the M3 and the 911 (well RUF version). Give us new road cars if it road cars your supplying.
Like how have we not had an Audi RS5 or RS3 yet? Or McLaren Senna etc…

Not sure why we need Michelin Tyres? Does that mean we need re buy the tyres? And does that remove the tyre sticker walls you can do in the decal shop?

Last edited:
E36 is the biggest one here. Love it. And the Michelin tires is even better. Now let’s hope they will also drive like Michelin tires and not only stick to the old model and add a name. Would also love to see the M240i F22 since it’s very popular here at the Nurburgring too. love the update. Next: M5 E60 :)

Not sure why we need Michelin Tyres? Does that mean we need re buy the tyres?
Looks like a redesign just to add the brand. I doubt anything will change and I'm sure we don't have to rebuy any tires.

1000013497.jpg

Looks like a redesign just to add the brand. I doubt anything will change and I'm sure we don't have to rebuy any tires.

View attachment 1370640
What really worries me though is that on the race tires, it looks like the tire branding would be there by default on even road cars. I hope this isn't the case, as I wouldn't want to have to manually remove it on the livery editor.

Subaru Impreza Rally Car will be in Gr.B. Another Rally Car for that class.

View attachment 1370537
I love how we have more post launch GrB cars added than Gr1 and Gr4 now, :lol:

Eiger way, I am ecstatic about the track, as GT5 I fondly remember, and the car selection is decent enough too, ill definitely be trying all 6 out! But I am curious about the physics changes ...I JUST got used to the ones we currently have :scared:

Last edited:
Just want to remind anyone who does not like the update - it has been over 2 years since the game is out, PD still working & publishing content updates - it's not even a DLC - it is a free update --- one of many that we already have received. (for absolutely free !!!) . Just imagine Gran Turismo under a publisher like EA - paying real money for every new car they release ...

I think these free updates are PD way to say 'we're sorry' for bringing in Music Rally mode, and we should consider to forgive them.
Thank you for this free update, can't wait to get the BMW!

Last edited:
What really worries me though is that on the race tires, it looks like the tire branding would be there by default on even road cars. I hope this isn't the case, as I wouldn't want to have to manually remove it on the livery editor.
I guess there's a good chance for this to happen 'cause it looks like that's how it is IRL also:

I love how we have more post launch GrB cars added than Gr1 and Gr4 now, :lol:

Eiger way, I am ecstatic about the track, as GT5 I fondly remember, and the car selection is decent enough too, ill definitely be trying all 6 out! But I am curious about the physics changes ...I JUST got used to the ones we currently have :scared:
They are keeping all the new gr3/4 for the next game.

We don’t know yet which events are about to be added or not
I did say we don't know what else will be added to the game. But from previous patches adding a few 'catch the rabbit' races per patch I'm going to assume it'll be the same.

If it's really THAT hard to make events then I'll understand, making a whole car to add is a lot of work, making a track is a lot of work, but if we can setup custom races quickly that wont take up much room then I'm surprised they haven't done an event dump like what I was suggesting would be nice for the future.

I did NOT say they will NOT add events in the next patch.

Back