Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
Wow, my favourite Eiger Nordwand is actually coming back to GT7, I'm really excited now 😍

I remember the day when I saw first screenshots from GT HD Concept, nearly 20 years ago, and how astonishingly photorealistic they seemed back then. Ah, good times :)

Selection of new cars is decent too. I can live with another VGT if we're getting 5 cool production models alongside it (even if some choices are puzzling, like RUF or F430 Scuderia). Also intrigued with the "new physics". Can't wait for July 25!

Last edited:
Looks to be a great update. Most looking forward to new wheels and praying for some Rays LM wheels, similar to the Nismo 400R!

Slightly worried about the physics changes seeing as I've just started a youtube series trying to build up a leaderboard of lap times for stock and upgraded road cars which may well be rendered completely void after the update... Not looking forward to the idea of restarting a few months' worth of work but at least I didn't get more done I guess.

Going by the trailer, the physics changes hint at the rally side of things... kinda hoping it's just an overhaul of the weird rally physics.

Last edited:
Couple of thoughts...

The physics update probably is not that huge, because it would mean they would have to run ALL of Sophy simulations all over again. Sophy is based on a specific (default) setup of each car, so when the behaviour changes, it won't know exactly how to drive it anymore. I therefore suspect that the physics update has mainly to do with the Michelin tyre sponsoring ... maybe it's about tyre warmup, etc (which is probably deactivated in Sophy races anyway).

Sadly for me, even with 6 cars it's not that great of a selection. Would have preferred more variety: for example California or GTC4Lusso instead of another 430 would have done wonders. Or M5 instead of another M3. However, a new track is always nice, and the other additions/changes seem pretty exciting as well.

The Edgar track has great variations for a short or long race.

Wonder if I'll ever see the Caterham car in GT7?

Well, ofc, as usual, most ppl seem to be excited.
Tbh I'm rather disappointed. I watched the Eiger Track on YouTube when someone mentioned it yesterday and while it looks nice (visually), it seems rather bland to drive.
And for the cars: The E36 is a great addition, was always wondering why it's not there while we have the E30 and E46. But the rest.... I mean, I love Ferrari but I was hoping for one that isn't in the game yet and not another F430. The Lambo is ok, same for the RUF. Group B I don't really care, VGT I don't care at all.
I'm curious though what exactly "new tires" and "new physics" means....

Tbh I'm rather disappointed. I watched the Eiger Track on YouTube when someone mentioned it yesterday and while it looks nice (visually), it seems rather bland to drive.
And for the cars: The E36 is a great addition, was always wondering why it's not there while we have the E30 and E46. But the rest.... I mean, I love Ferrari but I was hoping for one that isn't in the game yet and not another F430. The Lambo is ok, same for the RUF. Group B I don't really care, VGT I don't care at all.
The track is actually awesome to drive. It’s just too short in my opinion

Yeah same. Consider me disappointed.

A short tarmac rally stage is not what I wanted. Especially considering the last proper race track for GT7 came out in November 22.

I know you can’t please everyone and I know many people are looking forward to Eiger and that’s cool.

Personally I want to race race cars on race tracks - so nothing here for me content wise.
We did get very cool cars in the recent updates though.

Very exited for Sophy on the Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Here’s something changed about the circuit, not sure if anyone has covered it yet. Coming out of the tunnel towards the final section of the circuit, looks like there’s a separate road coming in from the right (pictures included, I don’t have a fast enough trigger finger). Not sure if it’s for cinematics or if it’s a possible new layout, but thought it was interesting

Attachments

• IMG_3823.jpeg
    IMG_3823.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3824.jpeg
    IMG_3824.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 8
At last we are getting that Impreza from GT:HD. It only took roughly 15 years! :)

Yeah, the tunnel seems to be very narrow now. There are 2 separate tunnels i guess

Last edited:
Here’s something changed about the circuit, not sure if anyone has covered it yet. Coming out of the tunnel towards the final section of the circuit, looks like there’s a separate road coming in from the right (pictures included, I don’t have a fast enough trigger finger). Not sure if it’s for cinematics or if it’s a possible new layout, but thought it was interesting
Looks like the exit of a pit lane.

Back