Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,622 comments
It'll be interesting if this is addressed in the physics update, potentially the wide body / wide offset wheel trapping issue being so common as well, perhaps that's suspension related.
There's nothing to address in the wheel trapping problem though. My daily driver gets tyre rub on stock suspension and factory wheels if you put as much as 20 mm wider tyres on it in the front. It's just another thing people have to deal with in the game, you can't have everything. Want a low car on wide wheels, either make it so stiff that the suspension barely moves or risk rubbing - that's how they do it in real life too.

My predictions for what cars will get which events:

Lamborghini Gallardo - European Clubman Cup 600
BMW M3 (E36) - European FR Challenge 550
Ferrari F430 Scuderia - Ferrari Circuit Challenge
Genesis X Gran Racer VGT - Gr.1 Prototype Series
Subaru Impreza WRX STI Rally Car '99 - World Rally Challenge Gr.B

As for the RUF RGT 4.2, I think that could either go into a round of the European Clubman Cup 600 alongside the Gallardo, or the European FR Cup 550 with the M3 E36.

When it comes to Extra Menus, I have no idea if there could be one featuring the cars of this update, though I did have some ideas featuring existing cars:

V8 Ferrari - F430 Scuderia, 308, and the F8
BMW M3 - M3 '89, M3 E36, M3 E92
V10 Lamborghini - Gallardo, Huracan, Huracan GT3

Furthermore, I could see the Toyota Celica Rally Car and Subaru Impreza WRX STI Rally Car being joined by either a Lancer Evolution Rally Car or a Lancia Delta Integrale Rally Car down the line to make up an Extra Menu featuring rally cars of the 1990s. We also still don't have an Extra Menu for some very storied automakers, such as McLaren, but I'd imagine that one in particular would require more models being added - such as the Speedtail, Senna, and/or the road-going P1 - and just might somehow exclude the iconic F1. I don't think we've had an Audi-themed Extra Menu, either, come to think of it, but I think that'd be for similar reasons.
New track also means some new events potentially unrelated to new cars, by the way. Unless... what if... these new events are all at Eiger?

There's nothing to address in the wheel trapping problem though. My daily driver gets tyre rub on stock suspension and factory wheels if you put as much as 20 mm wider tyres on it in the front. It's just another thing people have to deal with in the game, you can't have everything. Want a low car on wide wheels, either make it so stiff that the suspension barely moves or risk rubbing - that's how they do it in real life too.
It just seems odd to offer a widebody option, with the related expectation of fitting on wider wheels without rubbing, to then have it rub in those scenarios. From memory it isn't an issue if you don't do the wide body modification, which is what seems incorrect.

It's obviously not a particularly big deal, as you say, just set the car up to stop it rubbing, it's just odd that the widebody modification seems to cause the rubbing.

The original beta version of GTHD (from before the actual demo was released) had quite a different version of Eiger, especially on the back half of the track.
There's not a lot of footage of that version that I could find, but I did find this one:

Edit: Found another

Last edited:
The original beta version of GTHD (from before the actual demo was released) had quite a different version of Eiger, especially on the back half of the track.
There's not a lot of footage of that version that I could find, but I did find this one:

Interesting how they never introduce the premium version of the Impreza Rally Car after that GTHD beta demo.

It just seems odd to offer a widebody option, with the related expectation of fitting on wider wheels without rubbing, to then have it rub in those scenarios. From memory it isn't an issue if you don't do the wide body modification, which is what seems incorrect.

It's obviously not a particularly big deal, as you say, just set the car up to stop it rubbing, it's just odd that the widebody modification seems to cause the rubbing.
I'm actually right now trying to learn tuning. Is it in general so that without widebodys you don't have the rubbing problem? All in all it seems to me that widebodys, wider and broader wheels don't have a particular positive effect in GT7. Am i right or is tinkering with these things helpful?

IRL wider wheel will sometimes give you better handling but you're going to lose a bit of performance due to the fact that there is now more wheel to turn. Its a give and take scenario. Lets not even talk about having a bigger radius.

Last edited:
Very direct respone. Ok. Still thanks. GT7 has its flaws when its about tuning. So i feel my question (if this translates to the game) felt legitimate to me...

Not negating anything.

I'm actually right now trying to learn tuning. Is it in general so that without widebodys you don't have the rubbing problem? All in all it seems to me that widebodys, wider and broader wheels don't have a particular positive effect in GT7. Am i right or is tinkering with these things helpful?

It’s very car dependent. I can slam many cars to the ground with widebody and wide offset wide wheels with no rubbing. A car like the Beetle has enough tyre to fender clearance there shouldn’t be any rubbing, but trying to get a low rider look it doesn’t turn at all.
Here’s a bit of reference in the difference if PD really wanted to make it realistic. Fast forward to 2:47.

PD should therefore adjust the steering angle accordingly. Rather than have the player figure out how much to lower a car.

When you add the widebody all of your wheel and tire options become wider to fill out the fenders. I have not compared non-wide to wide cars in terms of rubbing, but I do know that I've built many wide cars that still suffer from it, even with the adjustable suspension at its default height. I also do not know if the game accounts for the wider tires with an advantage in ultimate grip. I use widebody purely for aesthetics.

It is a bummer when building cars to have to raise them way up to make them useful, and oftentimes maxxing out the suspension stiffness still doesn't prevent wheel rub.

I would love to be able to drive some cars in their slammed state, and this is entirely possible IRL for most cars that are modified to accept big wheels/tires and crazy low ride heights.

For instance, these guys can't be driven anywhere near these heights which is a shame because they look so good. The Skyline at this height can't be steered more than just a few degrees and is completely undrivable.

A644A43B-88FD-426C-80B0-CC5138714357.png

E94FC1A1-6FB0-49D8-B896-1A4106212B93.png

86EA88CD-994A-4EFA-9602-E8E7D78B5A20.jpeg

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
It’s very car dependent. I can slam many cars to the ground with widebody and wide offset wide wheels with no rubbing. A car like the Beetle has enough tyre to fender clearance there shouldn’t be any rubbing, but trying to get a low rider look it doesn’t turn at all.
Here’s a bit of reference in the difference if PD really wanted to make it realistic. Fast forward to 2:47.

PD should therefore adjust the steering angle accordingly. Rather than have the player figure out how much to lower a car.

The C4 Corvette is basically undrivable with widebody, slammed suspension, and wide wheel/tire setup. It simply won't turn if the suspension is compressed at all (Watkins Glenn, in particular, is a lolfest with that setup).

For instance, these guys can't be driven anywhere near these heights which is a shame because they look so good. The Skyline at this height can't be steered more than just a few degrees and is completely undrivable.
You literally can see the tyres touching the fenders. It simply can't work - you'll choose either the looks and end up with a car that doesnt work, such as the real ones that need to take speed bumps diagonally to avoid beaching, or set it in a way that allows normal operation. Use the narrower wheel option (that still has the wider tyres compared to stock), normal offset, and/or more ride height.

Nearly all my road cars in the game (there are some extremely expensive exceptions) have been widened to take advantage of the wider tyres, more rubber on the road equals more grip, and none of them have rubbing issues. Then again none of them are built for looks but to be fast.

The C4 Corvette is basically undrivable with widebody, slammed suspension, and wide wheel/tire setup. It simply won't turn if the suspension is compressed at all (Watkins Glenn, in particular, is a lolfest with that setup).
It’s crazy. With some cars, if I leave the front toe at zero that allows me to turn the wheels at full compression. If I add about +5 of tow, the steering doesn’t work. Maybe PD have sorted the suspensions in the coming update.

Anyone have any idea how much the Subaru will cost? I was out last week so I am a little bit behind. I assume that vaule hasn't been dropped yet. I am also assuming it will be in the LCD (same as the GrB Corolla). I just bought the last of the LCD cars with the 20mil Merc and don't want to miss this one by not having enough.

I am guessing it'll be 1mil, 2mil max. I should have enough (have like 8mil right now), but an hesitant to buy a bunch of stuff until it drops.

Anyone have any idea how much the Subaru will cost? I was out last week so I am a little bit behind. I assume that vaule hasn't been dropped yet. I am also assuming it will be in the LCD (same as the GrB Corolla). I just bought the last of the LCD cars with the 20mil Merc and don't want to miss this one by not having enough.

I am guessing it'll be 1mil, 2mil max. I should have enough (have like 8mil right now), but an hesitant to buy a bunch of stuff until it drops.
I don't expect it'll be any more than 400k. Good thing about the Hagerty thing is that you can look up real examples and find an example of how much stuff like it actually sells for, and because the prices are 'real' it'll be pretty similar.

Granted, that's where the positives of Hagerty end!

Just imagine if they added a Touring Car, Race and Track Pack:

BTCC
DTM
JTCC
Swedish TC
European TC
Etc.

Motegi
Ascari
Hockenheim
Etc.

Touring Car Championships
TC. Group Cup
Etc.

Would you all pay for something like this? how much? $10, $20, $30??? I would pay anything for good content. No VGT ******** and Volvo V40 type of crap.

You literally can see the tyres touching the fenders. It simply can't work - you'll choose either the looks and end up with a car that doesnt work, such as the real ones that need to take speed bumps diagonally to avoid beaching, or set it in a way that allows normal operation. Use the narrower wheel option (that still has the wider tyres compared to stock), normal offset, and/or more ride height.

Nearly all my road cars in the game (there are some extremely expensive exceptions) have been widened to take advantage of the wider tyres, more rubber on the road equals more grip, and none of them have rubbing issues. Then again none of them are built for looks but to be fast.
I have suspension setups that are tuned for driveability and others setups for pics.

IRL there are many cars that are slammed right down on the tires and also have full steering lock to lock. Look at many of the drift cars competing anywhere. Tires may touch fenders, but it doesn't really matter. GT shouldn't even have a collision aspect here, its a weird little slice of "realism" that just doesn't need to exist in game.

BTCC
DTM
JTCC
Swedish TC
European TC
Etc.

Motegi
Ascari
Hockenheim
Etc.

TC. Group Cup
Etc.

Would you all pay for something like this? how much? $10, $20, $30??? I would pay anything for good content. No VGT ******** and Volvo V40 type of crap.
I already paid. If Sony refunds me the £70 and turns it into a F2P game then we can talk about paid DLC.

BTCC
DTM
JTCC
Swedish TC
European TC
Etc.

Motegi
Ascari
Hockenheim
Etc.

TC. Group Cup
Etc.

Nah I'll pass on paying for DLC packs on top of my AAA game that would fundamentally break online play and segregate the playerbase. Thanks for the offer though.

Back