Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
The trailer ends with mountain covered with grey rain-like clouds shot. Maybe this indicates it will have a rain? We won’t know for sure untill the update drops.
I hope PD will start using rain more. It is such a nice feature in GT7 and it is painfull that it is not used on all tracks, or at least more tracks (can understand no rain on laguna seca or willow spring, but no rain on Brands Hatch? In england? XD )
I get a kick out of no rain at Goodwood. There’s footage of cars racing in the rain there. You’d think we’d get rain there at least. I also like different atmospheres like, fall leaves, fog would be nice, maybe a really cold looking late late fall day, thunderstorms or distance lightning. Not asking for tornadoes here, just a little lightning haha

Less than a week to go now. Just got my 4th ferrari enzo this year from 6 star ticket, crazy that i got that many. 21 million so i think i am ready when the update drops. 3 weeks off work as soon as the update drops,
We should get more details on the gt website next week i would think.
Excited to see what they will offer, i have a feeling we get somethimg good this time at least.

I have been playing some forza motorsport 2 on my jtag x360 in the wait for the new update.

I get a kick out of no rain at Goodwood. There’s footage of cars racing in the rain there. You’d think we’d get rain there at least. I also like different atmospheres like, fall leaves, fog would be nice, maybe a really cold looking late late fall day, thunderstorms or distance lightning. Not asking for tornadoes here, just a little lightning haha
I wouldn't mind tornadoes, would liven up Sport mode.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term Updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com:

・Increase the reward payout of limited-time events as we develop as a live service;
 ・Addition of more World Circuits events;
 ・Addition of more Endurance Races to Missions, including 24-hour races;
 ・Addition of online Time Trials with rewards based on the player’s position in the online rankings;
 ・Being able to sell cars.

I wonder when these 24hr races will be added to the game. (Never is my guess).
Next update we are getting an update for Sophy with the 24hr Nurbürgring. Will it be possible to set up endurance races with Sophy? Like more than 3 laps? Would be cool.

Any more features we possible could get with the 1.49 update?

Curious if they will add more new customization options except for new rims.

We’re still waiting for this update
IMG_4852.jpeg

I wonder when these 24hr races will be added to the game. (Never is my guess).
To be honest I'm not really sure why people want 24h races. Having done both the Le Mans and Nürburgring back in GT5 they're not something I'd call fun even though the sunrise on the Nordschleife still ranks among my best gaming memories because then I knew the 12-ish hours of pitch black darkness was over.

In real life a 24h race is a test of driving pace, driver endurance, pit crew skill, mechanical longevity and what not, a true test of the team as a whole. In GT you know whether or not you're going to win it after the first hour and then it's just 23 hours more of driving to be done. Now a 4h version, done in the same way as the Spa 1h race, that kind of a thing I could get behind but the full 24h version is just pointless without mechanical issues, potentially race ending damage, all the random things that make the real race what it is. Not to mention that doing the entire distance alone is just wrong.

To be honest I'm not really sure why people want 24h races. Having done both the Le Mans and Nürburgring back in GT5 they're not something I'd call fun even though the sunrise on the Nordschleife still ranks among my best gaming memories because then I knew the 12-ish hours of pitch black darkness was over.

In real life a 24h race is a test of driving pace, driver endurance, pit crew skill, mechanical longevity and what not, a true test of the team as a whole. In GT you know whether or not you're going to win it after the first hour and then it's just 23 hours more of driving to be done. Now a 4h version, done in the same way as the Spa 1h race, that kind of a thing I could get behind but the full 24h version is just pointless without mechanical issues, potentially race ending damage, all the random things that make the real race what it is. Not to mention that doing the entire distance alone is just wrong.
This is where B-Spec Bob and SOPHY mate to form B-Spec Jr.

I think you answered you're own question. I've done it in GT4, GT5 and realife and there is nothing better than the sunrise.

With a bit of imagination, even GT5 endurance races were fun. Of course I picked a car to be sure to win at my first attemp at La Sarthe, but I did them again (I stopped counting how many times), imposing different conditions on myself each time with a lot of fun.

• Pick a car that will be on par with the AI, leaving no room for mistakes.
  • Start the race 10 laps down (a random number, but I actually did that).
  • Choose a start under rainy weather, knowing that your car will struggle in wet conditions but will be more competitive than the AI if it stops raining. If it stops... Or vice versa.
  • Chilling with an underperforming car or a little GT car and let AI lapping me, doing my own race behind the overall leaders.
  • Pick a good car but leave the controller to the 12yo sister for a stint. Just for the fun... Or do the whole thing with friends.

Even without mechanical issues there is room for fun. Of course, I get that people might not like the idea to race for 24 hours. But even if I'm not into missions, "useless master licences", or scapes, I won't protest as long a few loves them.

I remember my first attempt to win the Nürburgring 24h race with the Chevy RM. It took me 13 hours to make the break on my pursuer. The slightest drop would have ruined my race, intense!

But for the love of god, please not into missions, randomness is an essential component of replayability.

Last edited:
I honestly think it should for endurance races only. We don't need any short versions of the new track.
The trailer had Gr.B cars showcased. Just saying it’d be interesting to race at night into the morning. Minimal lighting everywhere except the train station/shops/hotel area.

I'll have to study this track again though, because last time I drove it was in 2014 when I had gt5, almost a decade ago. I'd like to see what weather features and conditions they choose for this as well. I'd rather not prefer rain or snow.

With the chase the rabbit format they would definitely use, first place would probably start on the next lap in a 24hr race at Nurburgring

I'll have to study this track again though, because last time I drove it was in 2014 when I had gt5, almost a decade ago. I'd like to see what weather features and conditions they choose for this as well. I'd rather not prefer rain or snow.
You do know that tracks having rain doesn't mean they can only be driven in the rain right? Like 99% of races on tracks that have the rain option are held in the dry and it probably won't be any different for Eiger. The option being there doesn't detract from anything. Same goes for full day to night cycles, which is why I'm confused by PDs decision to limit them.

Am I the only one who thinks that we'll be getting a new set of Missions (most likely endurances) in this update? They will probably keep it as a surprise hence why they didn't show it in the trailer.
Well, i really hope your thoughts are right!

I'm not sure why people want to do another 3 or 5 lap event again with the coming update.
Endurance races back with GT5 were the races i enjoyed so much. It doesn't necessary need to be all 24hr races, but a 24hr Spa race for example would just be awesome. Pair it with a day/night cycle + random weather and you would please a whole lot of people here! Maybe gives us races for 4, 6, 9 hours, or maybe 30 laps (like in GT Sport). And those races definitely need to have a good payout and give you credits again for playing the endurance race again. Not with those missions were you only get 1 payout. I played those races once and that's it. No point in replaying them, i mean personally for me.

With Spa and Lago Maggiore new Sophy tracks it would be nice to set up races with more than 3 laps. But i have a feeling it will not happen this update. If you see the trailer where they announce the new Sophy tracks it says 1/3 laps on the top left corner.
This is where B-Spec Bob and SOPHY mate to form B-Spec Jr.
Yes. This would be fantastic. We can only dream. Maybe B Spec will return with GT8 and when Sophy is really on point.

That... that would be kind of awesome. 😮

Im6QiX.gif
Hang on. Let me go outside and bottle one up for you. Oh look, the neighbors are on the porch watching cattle blow into the street. Fun! Here ya go, here's you some chicken fried steak and taters and some sweet tea. Long as that funnel stays over in yonder we're OK.
No? Maybe Super Sprint is more your style then.
BTW the Spa sunrise varies according to the time of year. In the winter it's dark up to 35-40 minutes of that 1 hour race. If you don't have lights on the car you can still see with the PSVR2.

I had a thought, and I'm probably going to get proven wrong immediately - is this Impreza the most modern licensed rally car to be in a current game that isn't the official WRC game? You'd think not since it's 25 years old but I genuinely couldn't think of another one that's shown up anywhere.

Back