• 8 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Fine then...

Please use this thread to make your predictions for, and discuss, Gran Turismo 7's next update.

We're calling it 1.53 as a placeholder because it's anybody's guess what the actual version number will be, and since we have no idea when it might arrive because the last was out of sequence...

96r2yy.jpg

... there's no reason to suppose it's a "November update" yet. Although we do know that PD is "targeting" a November date for the PS5 Pro Enhanced update, that's quite a big target so even though the console launches on November 7th we might not see an update on that exact date.

Notes:
  • DON'T POST WISHLISTS. There are no second chances on this because we've wasted too much time with people who want to divert threads from their purpose and we've gone out of our way to give them enough other places to get it out of their system...

Apropos of that, wishlists go in the Car & Track Wishlist Thread which we made specifically for that purpose:

• Predictions are guesses with evidence. Given that the entire past history of free Gran Turismo game updates (with one exception) has given us the expectation of the number of cars (single digits) and tracks (one or zero), if you're posting ridiculously long lists of cars and multiple tracks then that's a wishlist. See the first rule. So are lists of brands (multiple) which have never been in the game series before or which have been cut and are showing no signs of returning (coughs Lotus *coughs).
  • bUt We DoN't HaVe AnY eViDeNcE. Sure you do. There's been, like, 25 content updates now. That shows you what volume of content you can expect and what type of content PD is focusing on. Lately it's been filling in generational gaps of certain model lines, but there's been a few surprises in the past, some well-placed cars from our Suggestions forum (hey look, another place to express your car/track wishes!), and some 4K-era upgrades to cars from previous games.
  • Go

Let's go, for the future update, whenever it comes, I predict:
5 cars, following this pattern:
- 2 Classic from the leaked list (like the bmw 2002, the Yellowbird or a Lancia)
- 2 Completely new cars to the series (like the 812 from the leaked, but can be anything)
- A JDM car returning to the game (AZ1, GTR variant, Lan Evo...)
For the engine swaps, the recently added Lan Evo 8 has no swap, so I believe the Group b Evo engine will be available.
Some scapes

Last edited:
They have had a bit of a streak of weird/mundane cars coming in, so I would not be surprised if one of the next vehicles is a kei car or utility car like the Jimny + HiAce additions.

Given the PS5 Pro November launch, I would not be surprised if the update targeting that launch is a big content drop (i.e. fan favorites returning, another new track, lots of new misc features). And of course, support for the new console and its features.

Given 1.52 was called "The Gran Turismo October 2024 Update", I rather doubt we're getting a second one this month. As for predictions, since PD missed the Hagerty's price adjustments promise once again (that was supposed to happen in October), we'll be seeing that this time around, and the net increase will be north of 5%.

It'll be the 6th or 7th of November. I know about the "targeting November" thing, but if Sony are happy enough with the Pro build to show it off at TGS then I think it's reasonable to assume PD can hit the launch of the Pro. They hit PSVR2 release despite that being earlier in the month than their usual cadence.

Kaz will use the "big update" nomenclature that he previously used for the PSVR2 and Spec II updates (and that I assume he would have used for July 2024 had that had silhouettes) in the silhouette teaser.

There will be a track. What track that is, who knows. I'm saying that because tracks and big features have been tied together in updates for a while now (Grand Valley+PSVR2, Lake Louise+Spec II, Eiger Nordwand+physics overhaul).

I'm being bold and predicting there will be at least one new GT3 car that gets used in the GTWS Manufacturers Cup final. Its Gr.3 BoP will cause controversy one way or the other. Other than that, not going to predict what cars there are.

Bonus prediction: No further update afterwards until the end of January, between staff holidays and My First GT they will be rather stretched.

Last edited:
Based on the past updates I think that they will finally add the AZ1 and while I would think they might add 2007 GTR I don't think since they just added the last GTR in 1.52 I don't think that will happen so I believe that they will add the C5 Corvette and I think they will add an European car of that I am not sure of. I do think since this will be the Pro update we might get a track not sure what track it will be though.

I think it's a good opportunity for them to release good content in addition to the PS5 Pro upgrade, like SPEC II was exactly 1 year ago.

My prediction: 1.53 for november.
-BMW 2002 Ti or 507
-A japanese road car, I would have guessed the FTO but since we had the EVO last update I highly doubt PD will give us another Mitsubishi, so let's go for another brand, let's say a new Mazda
-An European "race" car, why not the 208 T16 Pikes Peak?
-Another road car, but something fairly new and european, around 400 - 500PP.

No track.
PS5 Pro update with new visuals enhancements.
No physics update.

I would have guessed the FTO but since we had the EVO last update I highly doubt PD will give us another Mitsubishi…
Why are you highly doubting it? Audi TTS came with the February update. Audi R8 came with the subsequent March update. The May update brought five cars across three manufacturers. There are no rules.

Back