Gran Turismo 7's Next "Big" Update is Coming This Week: Adds Seven New Cars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 703 comments
What are the odds that Sophy will be available in custom races? From everything I've read so far, it seems unlikely. Sounds like it is only going to be available through the Quick Race feature. Maybe something to hope for in future updates, though.
Same here. I thought it was going to be possible to set up races with GT Sophy and have increased payouts in function of the car you choose and the difficulty (system we had in GTS). Hopefully this will be possible in a future update. I would bring lots of variety to earn credits instead of grinding Le Mans now.

What are the odds that Sophy will be available in custom races? From everything I've read so far, it seems unlikely. Sounds like it is only going to be available through the Quick Race feature. Maybe something to hope for in future updates, though.
None :P

Sophy can only drive cars it's been trained on and it doesn't know how (or when) to pit.
Custom Race has options like: mechanical damage, tyre wear, fuel usage, off track grip reduction, tyre restrictions, custom weather conditions, one-make car selection, garage car selection.
Sophy is not trained to work with any of these settings.

Maybe later they'll add Sophy as an option in Custom Race, but it would still grey out a lot of options where it hasn't been trained on those settings.
I can guarantee that you will never be able to use garage car selection with Sophy AI without a massive significant rework to how it works, as Sophy cannot understand how to drive custom tuned cars.
I would also assume it doesn't know how to use Nitrous (or Overtake), but I'm not 100% on that. Nothing I've seen suggests it can and it would lead to an extra output value, which is not as trivial as it sounds.

ddm
None :P

Sophy can only drive cars it's been trained on and it doesn't know how (or when) to pit.
Custom Race has options like: mechanical damage, tyre wear, fuel usage, off track grip reduction, tyre restrictions, custom weather conditions, one-make car selection, garage car selection.
Sophy is not trained to work with any of these settings.

Maybe later they'll add Sophy as an option in Custom Race, but it would still grey out a lot of options where it hasn't been trained on those settings.
I can guarantee that you will never be able to use garage car selection with Sophy AI without a massive significant rework to how it works, as Sophy cannot understand how to drive custom tuned cars.
I would also assume it doesn't know how to use Nitrous (or Overtake), but I'm not 100% on that. Nothing I've seen suggests it can and it would lead to an extra output value, which is not as trivial as it sounds.
I think some of those assumptions are correct and some aren't to be fair.

1698855051971.png

Looks at November 3rd

ed7.jpg

From PS Blog:

5 new regular events​

• World Touring Cars 900: Trial Mountain / Nurburgring / Suzuka Circuit / Autopolis
  • X2019 Nations Cup: Interlagos Circuit / Sardegna Road Track / Dragon Trail / Trial Mountain Circuit / Lake Maggiore Circuit
  • World Rally Challenge Gr. B: Lake Louise
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  • Pick-Up Truck Race: Lake Louise

2 Expert Race Events​

• Clubman Cup+: Watkins Glen International / Special Stage Route X / Fuji Speedway / Monza Circuit
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Mount Panorama / Daytona International Speedway / Deep Forest Raceway / Red Bull Ring
People had better play the heck out of the GT Cup and Clubman Cup+ events. Show PD we need more like them.

So PS5 owners get Sophy and split screen in addition to the other stuff.If I had a PS5 it wouldn’t be of interest to me.No interest in the License malarkey at all ,likewise the new Circuit.Only 1 out of the 7 cars will be used by myself.As for as I can see we still don’t have Endurance Races,it’s not like they don’t know how to do it as they have done it before.Let’s have races for Classic cars that are bought at great cost rather than just using them against modern cars.
There it is. The one person who still finds it a rubbish update 😂

And yes, I'm gonna throw this one out there - this is a huge FREE update.

Wind your neck in and cross your toes for the next update.

SNOW!?!?!?! ARE YOU BLOODY KIDDING ME? This is stupid, I hated the snow tracks in GT4 and I'll hate them and not use them again
Everything else in this update is great and cool, I'm a PS4 user and it's still good for me, I just wad shocked and emotional about the snow track, never liked it in GT4 but....yes but I will give it an unbiased try.

Looking forward to most of it. I have to agree I would have liked another original track that wasn’t snow… but this could be fun once in awhile.

I still think it would be cool if they made environment changes, like Spa in fall would look amazing. Not a new track obviously but could at least give a different feel. I wouldn’t think that would be too difficult to do, imagine Road Atlanta in late late fall, maybe a dusting of snow off the track. Spa, fall coloured leaves swirling up in some corners.

What I really really really want is customizable HUD, ability to turn it on and off while racing, sharing tunes/setups and a rear view mirror for cockpit view like you get when in bumper cam.

I am excited to try this out tomorrow though.

Everything else in this update is great and cool, I'm a PS4 user and it's still good for me, I just wad shocked and emotional about the snow track, never liked it in GT4 but....yes but I will give it an unbiased try.
I actually like having a snow track, I liked Chamonix in the past. Not too many though ...
I am not a fan of the rally tracks in GT7, some of the earlier rally tracks were better imo.

(Some) GT fans since 2017: We've got snow tyres in the game, but they're useless because we have nowhere to use them!
(Another group, with considerable overlap, of some) GT fans now: A SNOW track? Why? What's the point?!

Yeah, I'll try the snow in my Celica road car. Sold all my Rally cars. Haha.

Hey, maybe snow tyres on Super Formula cars. That is realistic.

Always something to complain about !
If they added Updated GT3 cars the response would be " this is to similar to the last car ". Example Mercedes GT3 Evo , Nissan GTR GT3 2018 , Audi R8 Evo .

If PD added the new ferrari and the new huracan they would say the same crap .

This update is proof people just want to complain .
The LFA has been like the most consistently requested car since GTS .

TWO brand new cars to please the " Not enough new cars " cry babies . Then you have them say " But not those car's "

The Dodge Demon and Charger , great additions . Dodge needed that modern Challenger to round out it's line up and the classic car is an automotive icon .

Then the Mercedes evo was requested to pair out the M3 and Cosworth..

The Nissan 400R was all but guaranteed as all the GTR's are getting the special upgraded versions.

(Some) GT fans since 2017: We've got snow tyres in the game, but they're useless because we have nowhere to use them!
(Another group, with considerable overlap, of some) GT fans now: A SNOW track? Why? What's the point?!
Now, now, don't disrespect your readership :lol:

From PS Blog:

5 new regular events​

• World Touring Cars 900: Trial Mountain / Nurburgring / Suzuka Circuit / Autopolis
  • X2019 Nations Cup: Interlagos Circuit / Sardegna Road Track / Dragon Trail / Trial Mountain Circuit / Lake Maggiore Circuit
  • World Rally Challenge Gr. B: Lake Louise
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
  • Pick-Up Truck Race: Lake Louise

2 Expert Race Events​

• Clubman Cup+: Watkins Glen International / Special Stage Route X / Fuji Speedway / Monza Circuit
  • GT Cup Gr. 3: Mount Panorama / Daytona International Speedway / Deep Forest Raceway / Red Bull Ring
WTC 900 is GR2????

Sad that a previous track wasn't added, but it is better to have Lake Louise than no track. Besides, Lake Louise looks really cool!
This update seems to look like the previous, like, 3 updates were just setting up for this! Saying this is a big update is a big understatement!

Back