Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,131 comments
How do you find GT7 stacked against the latest FM game? Let's say, based on driving feel and car engine sounds alone?
Engine sounds in FM23 are sometimes not good and not accurate tbh. Some cars do sound pretty good but certain sounds are replicated on multiple cars (there's a lot of posts I've read suggesting that a Ferrari V8 sound is used all over the place). Inconsistent is a good summary.

GT7 car engine sounds are pretty similar to GTS, to my untrained ears.

As for driving feel, I only use controller but find FM23 very good (definite sense of weight) but some stock settings are too "understeery".

We are now on the ?4th (I think) set of driving physics for GT7. Aside from the "bouncing cars" thing, I find the latest physics pretty good personally. I can drive MR and the RR Porsches much easier now (struggled with almost all Porsches at the start).

I think GT7 and FM23 are quite close in terms of that, to the extent I can easily switch between the two as both games physics feel "intuitive" to me. I prefer GT7 to FM23 in the rain, though.

Neither are a match for AC in driving physics with a wheel, but then I couldn't drive that game at all well using a controller. That's possibly because it doesn't have "dampeners" for controllers which reduce the impact of "lead foot" (lead finger) syndrome which I suffer from when using a controller.

Last edited:
Engine sounds in FM23 are sometimes not good and not accurate tbh. Some cars do sound pretty good but certain sounds are replicated on multiple cars (there's a lot of posts I've read suggesting that a Ferrari V8 sound is used all over the place). Inconsistent is a good summary.

GT7 car engine sounds are pretty similar to GTS, to my untrained ears.

As for driving feel, I only use controller but find FM23 very good (definite sense of weight) but some stock settings are too "understeery".

We are now on the ?4th (I think) set of driving physics for GT7. Aside from the "bouncing cars" thing, I find the latest physics pretty good personally. I can drive MR and the RR Porsches much easier now (struggled with almost all Porsches at the start).

Neither are a match for AC in driving physics with a wheel, but then I couldn't drive that game using a controller. That's possibly because it doesn't have "dampeners" for controllers which reduce the impact of "lead foot" (lead finger) syndrome which I suffer from when using a controller.

The haptic feedback could be better. For instance, the R2 could become harder to push whenever TCS took place so the player would organically measure the right amount of progressive acceleration.

Back