Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

As I posted I made a Alitalia livery for the Gr 3 Lambo.
I liked it so much (yes, smug, I know :) ) that I made a few more.

6927103650287355433_23.jpg

6918097559067066921_23.jpg

6926562690900952097_23.jpg

They are all Sport Mode compatible, the GTS number plate covers the Blancpain number plate.
Thanks to the decal makes!

Cheers guys, i was rather happy about it but i guess it's nothing then!
You definitely should! It’s not because one or two cars of the selection are not on par that yours is not great! Especially since there are only three cars on the update hence more liveries for each of them.

Congratulations for you and @zeptrans for being both in the Trending page last week and the Cool Selection now!

It's not even got that many likes or reposts! :D
Regarding this, I've come to a conclusion a long time ago - a small minority of people have good taste, a slightly larger minority have bad taste, and the rest have absolutely no taste at all.

Just look at the DBR9 liveries, sorted by likes, and take notice of what's around your work. There are a couple of truly good ones, I admit that, but there are also two generic Red Bulls, one generic JPS, one generic Marlboro, and one generic West livery. Even one generic Martini makes it ahead of the #009 which pretty much proves that all hope is lost already.

Regarding this, I've come to a conclusion a long time ago - a small minority of people have good taste, a slightly larger minority have bad taste, and the rest have absolutely no taste at all.

Just look at the DBR9 liveries, sorted by likes, and take notice of what's around your work. There are a couple of truly good ones, I admit that, but there are also two generic Red Bulls, one generic JPS, one generic Marlboro, and one generic West livery. Even one generic Martini makes it ahead of the #009 which pretty much proves that all hope is lost already.

Just look at any sport mode race and people's liveries are usually terrible.

You definitely should! It’s not because one or two cars of the selection are not on par that yours is not great! Especially since there are only three cars on the update hence more liveries for each of them.

Congratulations for you and @zeptrans for being both in the Trending page last week and the Cool Selection now!

It's cool. After the long processus to get the perfect DBR9 green color/texture, I'm happy people like it.

For some unfathomable reason the Gr3 evo is really good at oval racing dispite being almost completely useless everywhere else so I thought I'd do a livery that suits the bizzarness that is this car, A NASCAR tribute livery, enjoy.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1632971/1/7071293611392894001

Last edited:
OK so it's still very much work in progress but with thanks to @Maninashed over in the decal thread, my friend Suzy Scott (not a member but provided the pics of the base vehicle) and various other friends who gave feedback I present to you the replica of the Chillin vs Villain advertising for Sonic the Hedgehog movie that has been on buses here in the UK.

I chose the Super Formula in the hope of using it at Spa this week which came true, I will update my own thread and a link here when it's published!

Chillin v Villain.jpg
Chillin v Villain 2.jpg

Thanks to all, I will get it published asap.

Does anyone know how to put decals on the underside of the rear wing?...
Two ways. In general, keeping the decal white makes it show up best.

1) Align with camera. From where the camera starts, rotate 180 degrees. You can light up the edges of the spoiler to make sure you're right in the middle. Then angle the camera down to show the rear of the car. Place decal.

2) This requires a decal on top to cover the intended decal, so this only works if you're not planning on using a special color for the spoiler. Place intended decal on spoiler. Increase angle and depth to +10. The decal will now show on the underside, but needs to be flipped horizontally. Rotate camera to show underside and adjust placement as needed. Add a white decal to the topside to cover the intended decal from topside view.

Two ways. In general, keeping the decal white makes it show up best.

1) Align with camera. From where the camera starts, rotate 180 degrees. You can light up the edges of the spoiler to make sure you're right in the middle. Then angle the camera down to show the rear of the car. Place decal.

2) This requires a decal on top to cover the intended decal, so this only works if you're not planning on using a special color for the spoiler. Place intended decal on spoiler. Increase angle and depth to +10. The decal will now show on the underside, but needs to be flipped horizontally. Rotate camera to show underside and adjust placement as needed. Add a white decal to the topside to cover the intended decal from topside view.
Awesome, thanks! Method 2 was really easy :)

While I'm here, last week I discovered Nissan has a Formula E team. So I made their livery on the SF car:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200309192406.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200309192414.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200309192430.jpg

Some notes:

- The Nissan Intelligent Mobility logo isn't right, the two blue lines on the I aren't there because the white version online of that decal is low quality.
- The E logo on the side of the rear wing isn't in a box because I ran out of time before the Monza race on Saturday and I don't think I could have fit it on anyway.
- The Formula E logo on the headrest is blocked on the right side by the fuel nozzle, but I found this too amusing to try and change it.
- The triangle gradient area where the halo meets the nose is a custom decal, because the in-game shape decal can't be rotated in such a way that allows it to be skewed properly to fit where it is.
- There's an extra Richard Mille logo on the side of the front wing since the one on the barge board looks too small.
- Formula E cars don't have proper rear wings like this, so the Nissan wordmark is just what I think they'd have in this situation. There's a version of this on the Honda car where it's a Nismo wordmark instead and I don't think it looks right.
- I'm very glad I put this on the Toyota, since the Honda isn't eligible for this week's daily race at Spa.

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/5007883/1/6927191609402459705

Last edited:
Back