Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

[Koch Industries
Now there is a company that could use some good PR
dsg_logo.svg

Thank you all! I plan to change my FIA manufactor and I will make a livery more "realistic" as the sponsor chooses you. Your ideas are brilliant for that purpose!

@Adam Barber:
taylors-of-harrogate.png

I love your ideas, my kind weird sir :embarrassed:

@Draggon
1531565279965-Viettel.jpg

Very good, absolutely a stupid money sponsor, like it!

@DesertPenguin
Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Logo.jpg

Haha, great one. But I'm a chicken and I fear censorship :scared:

@RacingGrandpa
koch-industrieshomepage_600xx600-401-0-0.jpg

Hell, what is wrong with them, my German Wikipedia exploded with reasons to avoid them :lol:

@Drex124
Download.jpeg

I have a hotspot for these scum companies, unfortunately too old for my project. But I'll keep that cool idea for something else!

My two favorites are Viettel and Yorkshire Tea. Who will gonna make the race? :banghead:

Thank you all! I plan to change my FIA manufactor and I will make a livery more "realistic" as the sponsor chooses you. Your ideas are brilliant for that purpose!

@Adam Barber: View attachment 944058
I love your ideas, my kind weird sir :embarrassed:

@Draggon View attachment 944056
Very good, absolutely a stupid money sponsor, like it!

@DesertPenguin
View attachment 944054
Haha, great one. But I'm a chicken and I fear censorship :scared:

@RacingGrandpa
View attachment 944055
Hell, what is wrong with them, my German Wikipedia exploded with reasons to avoid them :lol:

@Drex124
View attachment 944059
I have a hotspot for these scum companies, unfortunately too old for my project. But I'll keep that cool idea for something else!

My two favorites are Viettel and Yorkshire Tea. Who will gonna make the race? :banghead:

A German making a livery based on tea makes me very happy indeed!

So, I'm organising a one off league race with the 2008 Super GT cars and obviously needed an awesome livery for it! I got inspiration from the 2019 Rebellion R13 LMP1 art cars as I wanted something that would stand out.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1632971/1/6629303131903656976

The last round of the nation's cup next week will be using the X2019 (big surprise) so I've done my most popular livery (Alpha Tauri red bull jr) for it. Also I had done the red bull version ages again but didn't ever share it so here it is aswell. Both are mode safe, Enjoy!

Alpha Tauri: HERE
Red Bull: HERE

Mononoke Motorsports 86 Gr.B

It's been a long time coming, but finally here is the rework of my second Princess Mononoke livery using @Maninashed's decals. As with the 4C and the Nausicaä TS050, the intention was to create a convincing WRC-style sponsorship livery that would incorporate character decals and stylistic elements from the film, including San (by Maninashed), her masks and the Kodama spirits. An idea at the back of the my head was to treat this as a second Ghibli scheme for Toyota Gazoo Racing, their 'deal' including sponsorship for both WEC and WRC programmes.

Mononoke Motorsports 86 Gr.B.jpg

The original livery, like the 4C, was rather simplistic, and in fact underwent a few revisions which I unfortunately never got round to uploading. Almost everything about this livery was altered, and the 86's aero kit didn't make these alterations easy. The biggest changes are no doubt the larger dark grey/blue panels, San decals and the fur effects that break up the sides and rear.

As with the 4C, the 86 has a bonnet 'mask', based on those worn by San throughout the film. In this design, her half-face mask is represented, along with her facial markings either side of the front intake. All were created using default shapes.

Rear is a mix of the 4C design with bumper decals typical of a regular Toyota Gazoo Racing livery.

By far the most challenging and at times frustrating element to work on were the gradient effects on the right-hand side. It took me several hours at a time over the last week or so to try and match the 4C's effects, and to eliminate the faint outline between the gradients and Maninashed's decal. Eventually, I came to the realisation that while the outlines can still be seen when viewed closely in the Livery Editor, the decal was blended in sufficiently well for these to not appear in Scapes or racing sessions.

Even with these difficulties, the livery as a whole is striking and a worthwhile counterpart to the 4C, I think. As a little bonus - and as a way of making up for the delay - I also uploaded a simple Kodama suit and helmet to compliment both liveries, which can be seen in this group Scape below. These can also be used with any other Princess Mononoke-inspired liveries made by other players.

Links:
86 Gr.B.
Original.
Kodama Head.
Kodama Suit.

It's been a long time coming, but finally here is the rework of my second Princess Mononoke livery using @Maninashed's decals. As with the 4C and the Nausicaä TS050, the intention was to create a convincing WRC-style sponsorship livery that would incorporate character decals and stylistic elements from the film, including San (by Maninashed), her masks and the Kodama spirits. An idea at the back of the my head was to treat this as a second Ghibli scheme for Toyota Gazoo Racing, their 'deal' including sponsorship for both WEC and WRC programmes.

View attachment 945400

The original livery, like the 4C, was rather simplistic, and in fact underwent a few revisions which I unfortunately never got round to uploading. Almost everything about this livery was altered, and the 86's aero kit didn't make these alterations easy. The biggest changes are no doubt the larger dark grey/blue panels, San decals and the fur effects that break up the sides and rear.

As with the 4C, the 86 has a bonnet 'mask', based on those worn by San throughout the film. In this design, her half-face mask is represented, along with her facial markings either side of the front intake. All were created using default shapes.

Rear is a mix of the 4C design with bumper decals typical of a regular Toyota Gazoo Racing livery.

By far the most challenging and at times frustrating element to work on were the gradient effects on the right-hand side. It took me several hours at a time over the last week or so to try and match the 4C's effects, and to eliminate the faint outline between the gradients and Maninashed's decal. Eventually, I came to the realisation that while the outlines can still be seen when viewed closely in the Livery Editor, the decal was blended in sufficiently well for these to not appear in Scapes or racing sessions.

Even with these difficulties, the livery as a whole is striking and a worthwhile counterpart to the 4C, I think. As a little bonus - and as a way of making up for the delay - I also uploaded a simple Kodama suit and helmet to compliment both liveries, which can be seen in this group Scape below. These can also be used with any other Princess Mononoke-inspired liveries made by other players.

Links:
86 Gr.B.
Original.
Kodama Head.
Kodama Suit.

Love the little forest spirits on the car!

View attachment 945400

Links:
86 Gr.B.
Original.
Kodama Head.
Kodama Suit.
The level of detail is remarkable!
It just so happens I showed the movie to my youngest the day before yesterday, they still talk about it.

Back