Gran Turismo Sport Update 1.65

Yes.

Even as a video game, it's mimicking real life. May as well have all generic cars like NASCAR, than try to mimic GT racing.
The point is, we know PD won't get it right. As you mentioned, it's a fact, after 3 years. It's not going to happen. However, it's not BS if I signed with Ford or Mazda and my car is crap. That's my choice. Others ain't going to sign with those brands because, more often than not, they won't be competitive. Is that any player's fault for choosing inferior brands? No. PD say choose your favourite manufacturer and race.

Maybe people should stop choosing the METAs. That's not a solution. Players choose what they think will be competitive. Via leaderboards or whatever feels the best to them.

Are PD going to stop using AI, to determine lap times, penalties and adjusting BOP, in Gran Turismo Sport? I don't know.

Well, the last BOP, I thought the GR.4 GT-R was worse. I put the thing on pole position. Except for my one red bar, I would have won the race.
If some player's cars are worse and some player's cars improved in the next two Manu races, then we'll know if the BOP balanced the grids.

That’s the thing though, I don’t care what the grids do after the season starts, that’s why we test before hand. People picked the cars “as they were” before the season started, not the cars PD altered them to be after the chance to change cars was gone.

Edit: Also, what Real Life series does Manu copy? I haven’t heard anyone talk about an IRL series where drivers have to switch between GT4 and GT3 cars all season?

Last edited:
That’s the thing though, I don’t care what the grids do after the season starts, that’s why we test before hand. People picked the cars “as they were” before the season started, not the cars PD altered them to be after the chance to change cars was gone.

Edit: Also, what Real Life series does Manu copy? I haven’t heard anyone talk about an IRL series where drivers have to switch between GT4 and GT3 cars all season?
Manu copies two series. GT3 and GT4.

Is there another way to see the list of changes? They should be listing the adjustments of the new update and the reasons why they made the change.

I agree with the whole "choose your favorite manufacture and race" concept and how they adjust the BOP in order to level the playing field but it's a little suspicious to be making adjustments throughout the season, after people are locked into their choice, IMO.

Although, I admit, I'm hoping my manufacturer got a boost. I decided to challenge myself but I've recently started to regret my choice. I should have picked one of my favorite manufacturers instead.

This game has turned into Gran Turismo Gr.4 Gr.3.

And it doesn't even get the 1st part right. There are some nonsensical choices and omissions from Gr.4. Instead of nerfed Vipers and GT-Rs, how about Challengers/Chargers and 370Zs? That said, I suppose it could get awkward if the Gr.4 Impreza gets dumped for a BR-Z.

And then there's the inclusion of FWDs. I'm in a touring car league which uses both those and RWDs from Gr.4, and it's just a crapshow when it comes to BOP, especially when the FWDs bog down and get swamped from standing starts.

This game has turned into Gran Turismo Gr.4 Gr.3. GT7 better be alot more than this before I buy it.
I have to say,forza isn't my main race game to go to but i envy the cars they get either on the motorsport series or the horizon installments,the car uodates they get are for sure cars that i like to drive,for example koenigsegg jesko,ferrarri fxxk,basically all and any outlandish or extraordinaire exotic supercar,heck not my brand but even the peugeot raesr i'd even take that for a spin,i truly hope they take a different aproach towards gt 7,being on a ps5 i'd expect some world class racing game with some badass cars,not the basic wimpy cars i see parked outside at a supermarket or in the street imo!!

Last edited:

I've posted before about PD educating the players. Many people, in general, don't watch real racing.
I'll try to be brief.

There is no way an Alfa 4C can compete with an R35 GT-R. In race trim, built to whatever class regulations, it's possible it can compete. It may have a lower top speed, but it's probably a weapon in corners. Depending on the circuit, it may triumph, fall behind or be even with the GT-R. If the 4C fails at every track, there needs to be an adjustment or the car shouldn't be competing in the class.

GR.3 have higher downforce and more powerful engines. This class is more balanced, due to only having RWD cars at closer weights regardless of FR and MR layouts.

GR.4 have FF, FR, MR, AWD. A car with a simulated W16 down to I4turbos. It's the worse class to balance. Yeah, it's all programming, but PD are simulating real life cars. That's the whole point. To simulate realism in a game, we can play at any time, all the time, without getting out of bed.

I know some don't care to watch real racing. People want an outlet from the real world. The label on the Gran Turismo Sport box does say "The Real Driving Simulator". PD are offering an experience as close to reality as they know how.

Last edited:
Is there another way to see the list of changes? They should be listing the adjustments of the new update and the reasons why they made the change.

Yeah, PD doesn't do that. They're really big on obfuscation and not letting the player base know the details of any changes made, let alone the reason why.

The label on the Gran Turismo Sport box does say "The Real Driving Simulator". PD are offering an experience as close to reality as they know how.

Except they haven't been holding to that motto for a while now. Other racing sims have way outclassed them in the simulation department, while PD has been somewhat persistent in it's attempt to fit into the "simcade" niche.

Yeah, PD doesn't do that. They're really big on obfuscation and not letting the player base know the details of any changes made, let alone the reason why.

Except they haven't been holding to that motto for a while now. Other racing sims have way outclassed them in the simulation department, while PD has been somewhat persistent in it's attempt to fit into the "simcade" niche.
Kaz trying to fit many things in each game, since offering online play.

It's been mentioned before about Sport Mode having a clear focus of online play. May have been possible for PD to keep Sport Mode as their "Forza Horizon" and release GT League(including all the offline content) as a separate game.

GTS is mainly GR.3 & GR.4 anyway. About 60 cars to choose from and all the tracks. Keep Livery Editor.

PD no doubt didn't know their campaign to burn everything to the ground, would be seen as a negative by the fanbase.

I think there's one single thing that PD simulates better in GTS than any other game I played. And that's the racing.

It might not be a real simulator on tyre pressure, tyre temp, adjusting suspension and what not. But it really simulate racing better than anything I have tried.

I think there's one single thing that PD simulates better in GTS than any other game I played. And that's the racing.

It might not be a real simulator on tyre pressure, tyre temp, adjusting suspension and what not. But it really simulate racing better than anything I have tried.

Player vs player. Yep. It’s a race, DS4, G29, Fanatec podium DD...Controversy of penalties/track limits, dirty drivers clean racers.
No other game matches the matching as well.

The simcade label doesn't fit on GTS, it's definitely more Sim than arcade.

And there is nothing on any consoles ever that comes close to the online racing experience you can get here and I dare say that besides maybe iracing there isn't anything on the PC either.

And everyone is missing the driving simulator point, when I throw a car around in GTS it feels like I am driving, the game does an incredible job of portraying car racing.

This game has turned into Gran Turismo Gr.4 Gr.3. GT7 better be alot more than this before I buy it.
Well, there are often road cars in daily race A, and Gr.2 in Race C sometimes. The FIA races, at least the National ones, have formula cars, Gr.B cars, road cars, even Gr.X... The Manufacturer series is as it is due to...well, the manufacturers, as there are no Gr.2 or Gr.B Mercedes' in the game, for example.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

The simcade label doesn't fit on GTS, it's definitely more Sim than arcade.

And everyone is missing the driving simulator point, when I throw a car around in GTS it feels like I am driving, the game does an incredible job of portraying car racing.

There you go, answered your own question.

More sim than arcade, means it's still simcade.

Driving simulator? Never was.

Racing simulator? That, it is.

Drive a car in for example PC2 (on PC) and see what throwing a car around really feels like.

60fps kills FFB accuracy. 120fps is a manageable minimum for me. The difference in input delay is massive. GT Sport's FFB is pretty rubbish to begin with. It does have really good pad motion controls though. Very plug&play, which is why it's so popular.

That’s how a car should react is it not? GTS drives very similarly to ACC right now, which everyone claims to have the best physics. I’ve never driven any of these cars IRL though, especially not at or near their limits. So I have no idea what is actually realistic.
Haha nope, not at all. I don't have Assetto Corsa Competizione but I do have Assetto Corsa on my computer with cars imported from ACC. I took the 2020 spec Mercedes AMG GT3 out on Maggiore (yes, someone made it for Assetto Corsa) yesterday and you have to drive the car a different way. It's hard to properly describe said differences because you really need to feel it for yourself, but I'll try to. The car doesn't respond as quickly on corner entry and trail braking is harder to pull off, but the front end doesn't wash out soo much on corner exit. Throttle control plays a much bigger role in how you rotate the car through a corner, and won't necessarily create understeer in all circumstances. It's only when you overload the front tyres that they'll start to scrub profusely, but if your throttle application is smooth and consistent, you won't suffer as much. The weight transfer is much more predictable than in GT Sport and you feel the lateral loading with greater clarity, which in turn gives you more physical cues to know how much throttle or steering is required. If the car turns too fast, you will feel it but the weight won't suddenly shift across, giving you a chance to catch the car before the rear tyres are overloaded. (Project Cars 1 didn't do this very well and I spun out many times because some cars would just snap suddenly) The weight transfer isn't simulated to the same degree in GT Sport so you're very much relying on the steering to convey that information to you. Also, catching the edge of the ripple strip in Assetto Corsa will upset the balance of the car and try to pull it off the road. GT Sport has the same basic feel but Assetto Corsa gives you a lot more feedback and responds in a more logical way akin to real physics. GT isn't as consistent in this regard because it lacks a realistic tyre model and doesn't capture weight transfer with the same level of detail.

IN MY OPINION, the older physics of GT Sport were closer to this and I don't know why it was changed.

Last edited:

100%, that’s what makes GT so special.

I think nerfing a meta car is the way to go. :cheers: We really should be able to use our favourite cars and be somewhat competitive. Beautiful thought in theory at least. :D I have reprecented Ford in manus since the beginning of GTS - even chosen the mustang for gr3, even though it has rarely been competitive.

Rather that than profuse understeer which grinds the front tyres.

That’s how a car should react is it not? GTS drives very similarly to ACC right now, which everyone claims to have the best physics. I’ve never driven any of these cars IRL though, especially not at or near their limits. So I have no idea what is actually realistic.

Haha nope, not at all. I don't have Assetto Corsa Competizione but I do have Assetto Corsa on my computer with cars imported from ACC. I took the 2020 spec Mercedes AMG GT3 out on Maggiore (yes, someone made it for Assetto Corsa) yesterday and you have to drive the car a different way. It's hard to properly describe said differences because you really need to feel it for yourself, but I'll try to. The car doesn't respond as quickly on corner entry and trail braking is harder to pull off, but the front end doesn't wash out soo much on corner exit. Throttle control plays a much bigger role in how you rotate the car through a corner, and won't necessarily create understeer in all circumstances. It's only when you overload the front tyres that they'll start to scrub profusely, but if your throttle application is smooth and consistent, you won't suffer as much. The weight transfer is much more predictable than in GT Sport and you feel the lateral loading with greater clarity, which in turn gives you more physical cues to know how much throttle or steering is required. If the car turns too fast, you will feel it but the weight won't suddenly shift across, giving you a chance to catch the car before the rear tyres are overloaded. (Project Cars 1 didn't do this very well and I spun out many times because some cars would just snap suddenly) The weight transfer isn't simulated to the same degree in GT Sport so you're very much relying on the steering to convey that information to you. Also, catching the edge of the ripple strip in Assetto Corsa will upset the balance of the car and try to pull it off the road. GT Sport has the same basic feel but Assetto Corsa gives you a lot more feedback and responds in a more logical way akin to real physics. GT isn't as consistent in this regard because it lacks a realistic tyre model and doesn't capture weight transfer with the same level of detail.

IN MY OPINION, the older physics of GT Sport were closer to this and I don't know why it was changed.

I think this physics comparison has been saturated a long time a go, but i stick my spoon here. :lol: I think "physics" in a game is very subjective thing and ones controller plays a big role. Also one has to realize the difference of racing vs sports tires both in real life as in game. Comparing GTS, AC and ACC id say GTS is a lot better than its reputation. Switch between GTS and AC/ACC is quite natural. AC just feels like cars are lighter and there is less traction. Hard does not equal realistic..

Ps. Doesnt make sense to compare physics by under/oversteer as one can make massive difference by tuning your car.. GTS bop is just mostly messed-up.

Last edited:

That’s an awfully long winded way of saying “they are very similar”. :lol:

Last edited:
Having driven both GTS and ACC quite a bit (but not a real race car), I would say ACC does definitely have more detailed physics, but I would definitely agree with @Pigems that they both fundamentally drive similarly. Yes, you can be a bit more aggressive on the throttle in ACC but definitely not on brakes or kerbs, maybe suspension or slip angles are a bit different, but all the fundamental driving techniques you apply to ACC, also apply to GTS. Even if physics are slightly simplified, I've never felt like I had to drive in an unnatural way to improve my laptimes (something I did feel in other racing titles).

Well, there are often road cars in daily race A, and Gr.2 in Race C sometimes. The FIA races, at least the National ones, have formula cars, Gr.B cars, road cars, even Gr.X... The Manufacturer series is as it is due to...well, the manufacturers, as there are no Gr.2 or Gr.B Mercedes' in the game, for example.

I really don't know what you're talking about.
What I'm talking about is that this game leans more to Gr.4 and Gr.3 Sport Mode races. Yes there are other car class races sometimes. Take this weeks Daily Races. All Gr.4 and Gr.3. Hopefully you understand now. Just my opinion and not that of anyone else.

What I'm talking about is that this game leans more to Gr.4 and Gr.3 Sport Mode races. Yes there are other car class races sometimes. Take this weeks Daily Races. All Gr.4 and Gr.3. Hopefully you understand now. Just my opinion and not that of anyone else.

People seem to like Gr.4/3 for some reason? I don’t get it either. GT has always been mainly about road cars, until this version. I’d rather have more road car races too. 👍

Re the physics discussion, fundamentally good technique is good technique and it doesn’t change between games. The only thing that changes is the degree of each input-the emphasis each game placed on the degree and rate of coming off brake for a given car for example.
I’ve played most of these mentioned on pc, and my favorite by far is rfactor2 if we are talking handling physics and ffb and tbh it’s in a class by itself imo.
ACC is good, not great, but the presentation and sound plus the progression of leveling up the ratings starting from scratch is nice.
Braking points etc are same between that and GTS.
Inputs are the same with slight variance.
ACC wants that little bit smoother than GTS,
but the cars in all 3 of these mentioned drive like cars imo.
There’s no ‘secret’ ‘different technique’ used in GTS to get times that are top one percent, just precise fundamentally sound race driving technique. PC at 120 frames is a different ball game altogether physics graphics wise.
I think GTS does a fabulous job at creating an immersive experience, the physics and ffb are fine enough, it’s only the pen system holding it back, really.

People seem to like Gr.4/3 for some reason? I don’t get it either. GT has always been mainly about road cars, until this version. I’d rather have more road car races too. 👍
I guess it's because they offer the most variety in terms of car selection.

Gr.1? Audi R18 meta.

Gr.2? Nissan GT-R meta.

Gr.B? I guess people are more afraid of losing SR due to its nature. Besides, it requires a completely different driving style.

The NX00 class is what I'd like to see more of, but it's usually one-make, even with multiple car choices, because they're never balanced well...

Gr.X can be an interesting deviation from the usual, since it contains F1 cars, Karts... Haven't seen a Red Bull race in a while. A race in the Junior could be fun.

Last edited:
I guess it's because they offer the most variety in terms of car selection.

Gr.1? Audi R18 meta.

Gr.2? Nissan GT-R meta.

Gr.B? I guess people are more afraid of losing SR due to its nature. Besides, it requires a completely different driving style.

The NX00 class is what I'd like to see more of, but it's usually one-make, even with multiple car choices, because they're never balanced well...

Gr.X can be and interesting deviation from the usual, since it contains F1 cars, Karts... Haven't seen a Red Bull race in a while. A race in the Junior could be fun.

Even Gr.3/4 races become one makes, all of the BoP in this game is terrible.

Last edited:
GR.4 are production cars with slicks and roll cages. I used the GR.4 GT-R in a Custom Race at Tsukuba. Selected the N600 class and put SH tyres on the GR.4 car.
Having 200bhp less than the Nismo R35 road car, the difference in power, kills the Gr.4 on straights.
The GR.4 M4, Mustang, Vantage, F-Type, RC F, Cayman are pretty close in power to their road car brethren. Fun stuff.
The FFs are totally above their road car variants. Just compare the tyre width alone.
That's the appeal of GR.4(GT4). Less weight and stickier tyres, in a production car package, purpose built for the track.

Back