Gran Turismo Undocumented Changes Thread (Update 1.48)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 39 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Gran Turismo 7 Thread Logo.png

Based on the original thread format by @Johnnypenso

For every update released, there is the potential for changes not listed in the initial patch notes. Please report any undocumented changes you find in the current update and I'll update the OP as much as possible to reflect those changes found.

1. It is encouraged that you make an effort in verifying these changes as much as possible, either through videos or images.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. It is strongly advised that you be as specific and detailed as possible with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do it to the best of your ability.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE OFFICIAL CHANGES Only any changes not listed on the official site are discussed here
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Keep those strictly to the appropriate threads:

Thread Icons (Discussion).png
Thread Icons (Bugs & Glitches).png
Thread Icons (News Section).png
Thread Icons (Physics).png
Thread Icons (Engines).png

Update (1.48)​

Documented Changes

1. Cars
 - The following five new cars have been added:
  ・Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93 (Sold at the 'Used Cars' dealership)
  ・Honda NSX GT500 '00 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87 (Sold at the 'Used Cars' dealership)
  ・Volvo 240 SE Estate ʼ93 (Sold at the 'Used Cars' dealership)
  ・Volvo V40 T5 R-Design ʼ13 (Sold at 'Brand Central')

2. World Circuits
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・European Sunday Cup 400
   - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
  ・Japanese FF Challenge 450
   - Autopolis International Racing Course - Short Course
  ・Japanese FR Challenge 450
   - Autodromo Lago Maggiore - West
  ・World Touring Car 800
   - Circuit de Sainte-Croix - A

3. Café
 - The following Extra Menu has been added:
  ・Extra Menu No.39: 'Collection: Racers of the Japanese GT' (Collector Level 48 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Fabio Filippini
   ・Volvo V40 T5 R-Design ʼ13

CHARACTERS
  - Chris
   ・Volvo V40 T5 R-Design ʼ13

- Jeremy
   ・Honda NSX GT500 '00
   ・Nissan Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87
   ・Volvo 240 SE Estate ʼ93

- Stella
   ・Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93

4. Brand Central
 - The following brand has been added:
  ・Volvo (Sweden)

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
   ・Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
   ・Nissan Sileighty '98

6. Scapes
 - 'Move the camera up and down II' has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes.

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the effects of mechanical damage on the following cars:
  ・AFEELA Prototype 2024
  ・Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
  ・BMW i3 '15
  ・Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
  ・Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
  ・Skoda Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
  ・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for October 2024.

3. GT Auto
 - Adjusted the decal placement area on the left arm of the following racing suits:
  ・Alpinestars Suit No.1
  ・Alpinestars Suit No.2

- Adjusted the colours of certain 'Real Car Paints.'

4. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

Undocumented Changes
  • Cars from the Czech Republic are now allowed to be entered in the European FR Challenge 550 events.
  • In Custom Races, it is now possible to select the following nations for Custom Drivers:
Argentina
Czech Republic
Indonesia
Lebanon
Malaysia
Philippines
Croatia
Mainland China
Switzerland
India
  • Engines that are being used for engine swap now have description text under the "Learn More" button

Last edited:
Ok Folks, you know the drill: Post things you find not already listed under "Documented Changes" in OP. Keep things like glitches, physics changes or other extremely specific findings in the usual threads linked in the post above:

1717050822107.png

Now you may post.

I'm VERY curious as to what real car paint slots have been adjusted.. is there a way to find out which ones these might be?

Last edited:
The discrepancy with European events we noted in the last thread has been fixed; the European FR Challenge 550 events now allow cars from the Czech Republic to be entered, as all the other European events were updated to allow in 1.46.
It didn't really need to be fixed as, at least as far as I can tell after a short search, Skoda never produced a FR road car, or at least one in the last 50 years.

Last edited:
The discrepancy with European events we noted in the last thread has been fixed; the European FR Challenge 550 events now allow cars from the Czech Republic to be entered, as all the other European events were updated to allow in 1.46.
Full country list from LucasBugas (in-game social):
  • Argentina (was already a random popup, but the country selection can be lost if you change the driver name)
  • Czech Republic
  • Indonesia
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia
  • Philippines (not a PSN country; because of TGR GT Cup Asia?)
  • Croatia
  • Mainland China
  • Switzerland
  • India

I'm VERY curious as to what real car paint slots have been adjusted.. is there a way to find out which ones these might be?
I haven't checked but maybe Giallo Genio from the Maserati MC20. Last time I tried applying it I noticed that it completely lacked the blue undertone of the real car and looked like a different paint color entirely.

Edit: Checked and no, it hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:
Can you no longer change the paint color in split screen? I used to go in there to quickly look through all available stock colors on a car, but now it just has a message after selecting the car and doesn't show the paint options.

I don't have a second controller to test if the paint selection comes after the second player makes their pick now.

Looking into it more, it seems that you can only change the color of the non-favorited cars which appear in the split screen list.

Last edited:
Full country list from LucasBugas (in-game social):
  • Argentina (was already a random popup, but the country selection can be lost if you change the driver name)
  • Czech Republic
  • Indonesia
  • Lebanon
  • Malaysia
  • Philippines (not a PSN country; because of TGR GT Cup Asia?)
  • Croatia
  • Mainland China
  • Switzerland
  • India
That's great!

New colour chips were added under Real Car colours for Audi, Chevrolet, Genesis and Lamborghini.

I bought them all up before thinking to record the colour names of the new ones. I already owned all of the Real Car colours which is how I noticed.

There were several for both Audi (which looked like 80s style colours) and Chevrolet (which looked like 60s/70s colours). Only one each for Genesis and Lambo. Those were the only ones I saw out of all of the manufacturers.

Next time they add new colours I'll be sure to make a note of the names! Doh.

Can you no longer change the paint color in split screen? I used to go in there to quickly look through all available stock colors on a car, but now it just has a message after selecting the car and doesn't show the paint options.

I don't have a second controller to test if the paint selection comes after the second player makes their pick now.

Looking into it more, it seems that you can only change the color of the non-favorited cars which appear in the split screen list.
I tried this too today, but according to this comment on reddit this has been removed for a couple months now (they mention update 1.42 from late January):

If you want to see all available colors for a non-Brand Central car that you own, you can save the original livery as a style, then view it in Showcase -> My Items. You will only see the colors / liveries, not their names. As far as I can tell, this has worked since day one.

So they fixed the one hand driving at last. Now driving with two hands on steering on manual transmission. Not sure though if it is addressed in this update or in a previous one. I just noticed it.

I noticed today that when you're searching for decals in the livery editor your most recent typed words now populate above so they can be selected. I know they recently added the "recent" tab, but still didn't have words auto-populate in the area above the keyboard in real-time.

A very welcome addition for someone whos always on the hunt for all types of decals!

djs
So they fixed the one hand driving at last. Now driving with two hands on steering on manual transmission. Not sure though if it is addressed in this update or in a previous one. I just noticed it.
It's still the same. The driver only starts driving with two hands right after you turn the steering wheel over 90 degrees, just as before.

I noticed today that when you're searching for decals in the livery editor your most recent typed words now populate above so they can be selected. I know they recently added the "recent" tab, but still didn't have words auto-populate in the area above the keyboard in real-time.

A very welcome addition for someone whos always on the hunt for all types of decals!
Tangentially related, I'm pretty sure over the last few months (unsure when, but before 1.48) they also enabled you to search multiple words. Previously, they'd remove whitespaces, but now they stay, e.g. I searched for a decal with "my other car is" and it didn't turn into "myothercaris". Both ingame and on the website.

Last edited:
@PettyWingman You're absolutely right. The animation I am talking about seems to happen only on GT500 cars, new and old. Weird and sad

Edit: I just drove my RUF CTR3 spec for WTC 700 and the animation is correct. I don't know, seems inconsistent. Have to try other cars too.

Last edited:
Back