Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Why is everyone losing DR?View attachment 1300688
Must just happen to the aliens, didn’t happen in mine

IMG_3947.jpeg

Always jealous of the country diversity, my Americas lobby was 15 USA 1 Canada. Usually get a pretty decent chunk of Canadians and Brazilians but thats about it.

Am i tripping or did the GTWS GT1 times change from 4 - 6 - 8 o'clock to 3-5-7?

Came back home after a busy day thinking i could do a final slot at 20:00 but nothings there. When looking at next weeks Manu Cup it shows 3-5-7 but i swear the last slot in GT1 always was at 8 pm.

Looked like it was boring race but bummed and pissed that i couldn't participate as this looked like a chance for easy points.

Last edited:
PMK
Am i tripping or did the GTWS GT1 times change from 4 - 6 - 8 o'clock to 3-5-7?

Came back home after a busy day thinking i could do a final slot at 20:00 but nothings there. When looking at next weeks Manu Cup it shows 3-5-7 but i swear the last slot in GT1 always was at 8 pm.

Looked like it was boring race but bummed and pissed that i couldn't participate as this looked like a chance for easy points.
The races are the same times, it's just your time isn't the same time. The clocks went back in Europe last Sunday...

In classic PD fashion, the next nation round uses no new content and is gr.3 cars on Daytona Oval.
Ok then.

It's a custom BoP too, meaning that the cars are rental only and not from your garage.
I feel really bad for the dev who had to come up with an entirely new BoP for a class with 49 cars in it, for a single race where at most a couple of those cars will actually get seriously used.

I had a mostly-off day in C/S GT3 lobbies that ended surprisingly well, using a Corvette. It's not quite as fast as the AMG, but it is so stable running high in the corner that, if you don't scrape the wall, it will give a good lap time.

Race 1 - Qualified 4th, got caught up in some carnage and ended up with a 2-second penalty to drop to 13th

Race 2 - Didn't qualify, lost touch early and often, finished where I started (dead last)

Race 3 - Scraped the wall in qualifying to start 13th (would have been near the front had I not done so, as I was still less than 0.7 seconds off pole), hung around the back while a couple of wreckers tried to ruin the race for everybody (though the biggest penalty in that race, 5 seconds, ended up on somebody who really couldn't do anything to avoid the ghosted "non-"contact), fell to 3.4 seconds behind at the top of the hill on lap 2 because I overreacted to the last of that wrecker carnage, and used nitrous-assisted bump-drafting (as the lead car of the pack) to finish 4th, with my pusher (and the rest of 5th-through-9th) forgetting to use nitrous at all and the caboose winning that race.

A bit more on the nitrous-assisted bump-draft. Take the first bump-draft as normal, then squeeze just enough nitrous to get up to and maintain 270 or so mph. As you catch cars, you won't need to use nitrous again until after you pass them. You'll make up a couple seconds per straight, but burn through, depending on the breaks (lousy typos), about half a bottle per straight.

Last edited:
That was a fun one, first GT1 slot in NA, @C_Raccoon23 got himself a nice win...well done.

Fouled up Q'ing and gridded up 13th. Basically just kept my nose clean and slowly worked up to the front avoiding a few log jams. Took the lead going into the last lap, but knowing that P1 is the last place you want to be going into the final banking I was happy to see a 2ndary train push its way around the outside earlier in the lap. Going into the last banking I leaned on the nitrous but followed the leader's draft down low instead of staying up on the high line. 3 guys came around my outside. But both the leader and 1 of those 3 guys had a penalty to serve, so I managed to finish in 3rd. Happy enough with that result I'd say. For being a race with no effect on DR or SR I'm kind of bummed as I kept that one quite clean and got a good finish lol.

IMG_2485.jpg

Last edited:
Q’d DFL but got into p9 by the last lap. Then got pitted by a driver who did this multiple times and I went from p9 to p13 after recovering. Wasn’t expecting much thankfully.
Watching the replay he took quite a few down in the race and got 4 seconds for his last takedown in the final corner but he still finished p10 🤬

IMG_6141.jpeg
IMG_6142.jpeg

Quick one and done for me today. In the lobby once again with @SPL170db. As expected, most people were in AMGs, with a few white RX-7’s including myself, and one Huayra.

I qualified 15th, but this may have worked to my advantage. I was in the back for lap 1 until the last banking, where things got pretty out of control; a couple of cars were spinning while others were picking up penalties.

Thanks to that incident, on lap 2, I made my way up to 3rd approaching the first banking but fell towards the back again, being overtaken by the large group of AMGs. There was a sole AMG behind me that assisted with bump drafting.

During the transition into lap 3, a few cars served penalties while a RX-7 crashed into the wall. I was with the front pack once more and I maintained 6th for the entirety of the back straight. Once we got close to the final banking, I made my move and used my nitrous I was saving this whole time. I stayed high and gradually overtook everyone. I was neck and neck with another RX-7 as we gunned for the finish line, but they had a penalty to serve, handing me the win for 205 points. :)

3669140D-C7D2-4034-8774-D6800BBC28B1.png

So I did one of these and actually got a win! Number board 3 in an all A+ lobby. This race is very boring but intense at the same time. Luckily I was in a group that was legit. Qualified P4 and ended up in P2 by the second straight. From there, the top five of us did nothing but bump draft each other for the next 2.5 laps... which is exactly what you want to do. We actually broke away from the group a bit (not a lot, but enough so they were out of our slip).

So, of course, last lap last turn it's every [wo]man for themselves. I decided I was going to do the opposite of P1, so as he went high I went low. I took over P1 but barely. It looked like I was going to get overtaken by a pair that were in the middle but got a big bump from someone (probably by accident) which gave me the momentum to take P1 by .041.

But, again, it was nice to be in a group of smart drivers that just kept tight and worked together...

f69eefb73f243192b13fc45eaf5d336c_photo.webp

702614d9fc5d15c90f075c7fdedcb317_photo.webp

8e190c7de087cee5376fbd73f529b7bc_photo.webp

Definitely one and done for me. The easiest GT1 race I'll ever win.

Q’d DFL but got into p9 by the last lap. Then got pitted by a driver who did this multiple times and I went from p9 to p13 after recovering. Wasn’t expecting much thankfully.
Watching the replay he took quite a few down in the race and got 4 seconds for his last takedown in the final corner but he still finished p10 🤬

View attachment 1300863View attachment 1300864

Looks like you got pit maneuvered by "he who shall not be named". He's well known ever since GTS days for his brain damaged driving. It's sad that he's actually quite fast when he wants to be as proven by his A+ DR ranking.

So I did one of these and actually got a win! Number board 3 in an all A+ lobby. This race is very boring but intense at the same time. Luckily I was in a group that was legit. Qualified P4 and ended up in P2 by the second straight. From there, the top five of us did nothing but bump draft each other for the next 2.5 laps... which is exactly what you want to do. We actually broke away from the group a bit (not a lot, but enough so they were out of our slip).

So, of course, last lap last turn it's every [wo]man for themselves. I decided I was going to do the opposite of P1, so as he went high I went low. I took over P1 but barely. It looked like I was going to get overtaken by a pair that were in the middle but got a big bump from someone (probably by accident) which gave me the momentum to take P1 by .041.

But, again, it was nice to be in a group of smart drivers that just kept tight and worked together...

f69eefb73f243192b13fc45eaf5d336c_photo.webp

702614d9fc5d15c90f075c7fdedcb317_photo.webp

8e190c7de087cee5376fbd73f529b7bc_photo.webp

Definitely one and done for me. The easiest GT1 race I'll ever win.
That big bump wasn’t by accident. :cheers:

I finished p3 in that one by .02. It’s amazing what can happen if you have enough fuel in the car.

It was a good group to be in. No one breaking ranks, no unnecessary battling. Good fun, but I could have done without p1 running so close to the top barrier every lap. Very stressful trying to gently bump and avoid ending up in the barrier.

Tried second slot and avoided that same punter from race 1. He was called out by many at the start as toxic and definitely fits the description.

Q’d better this time in q7. Lots of excitement in the corners but stayed out of harm’s way. I finished p9 this time for 178 points and that’s enough ssrx for one day 😁

CE-(numbers) just kicked me out of the qualifier in last nations cup race, dropped my DR....
Same thing. Missed slot 1 due to an event, slot 2 due to the road being closed on the way back from said event, and slot 3 ended before it started. I don't know why I even bothered, no possibility to gain DR which is my main motivation right now, and I ended up in a lobby without enough points to help my score anyway...

The red one had awesome acceleration, would love to get like 5 or 6 people running it as they would be a couple seconds ahead and might be able to bump draft to the end and gatekeep the top spots, but it is a little slower than the others in general. Would guarantee like top 5 or 6 but you'd struggle to win I'm guessing.

The white one is polar opposite, crummy accel but one of the best in the draft, and the best kick on the nitrous at the end, almost felt like cheating the way just getting to the last turn was a guaranteed win in it
1699157817327.jpeg

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gotta send an apology to Lincoln of Deth. I know we bumped heads in the final lap at SSRX. That Bugatti is a rolling anvil at 4,700 pounds and I think the body might be made of lead. Some of the contact was my fault yet I wound up with a CRB.

I ran the race 3 times, getting two CRB's. The third went to some jack@** with a C C rating deliberately putting himself on several of us, costing the rest of us 4 seconds a pop.
Honest I think an S sportsmanship rating should be required for championships. It's not at all hard to get and it would help cut that kinda crap out.
Also I wonder how many folks noticed that all tires they owned that would fit the car could be equipped (resulting in a violation warning) or that some of the cars had nitrous bottles fitted for the race?

Last edited:
Slot 1: Qualified 8th in the Merc, finished 8th because I lost the draft after grazing the wall in T1 on Lap 2 when trying to pass a slower car around the outside. Also had to burn half my NOS at the start to avoid losing the slipstream for some reason - I think I was shifting too early (right as I hit the redline instead of waiting a couple seconds to pull another gear), and that was enough to let the cars in front pull away. I noticed that unless you were almost touching the car in front of you, if they were closer to the car in front of them, they would still pull away from you easily even if you were well within their slipstream.

Slot 2: Qualified 8th once again when I could've had 4th or 5th, because for the millionth time this season, I made a stupid error in qualifying; this time it was slightly grazing the wall exiting T2 while trying to avoid steering too much. Ultimately I worked my way up to P3 on the back straight on Lap 3 when an inopportune lag spike caused me to give the mightiest shove to the Lambo in 2nd while simultaneously killing all my momentum. That dropped me to 8th and almost caused me to lose the draft again, but I caught up to 7th again before the final corner. I burned all my NOS on the run to the finish and passed 2 cars that ran out of it early, then the Lambo after it spun, and finally passed P4 in the tunnel as he squeezed me into the wall, but couldn't kill enough of my momentum to prevent me from just grabbing the spot at the line. 254 points.

Slot 1: Qualified 8th in the Merc, finished 8th because I lost the draft after grazing the wall in T1 on Lap 2 when trying to pass a slower car around the outside. Also had to burn half my NOS at the start to avoid losing the slipstream for some reason - I think I was shifting too early (right as I hit the redline instead of waiting a couple seconds to pull another gear), and that was enough to let the cars in front pull away. I noticed that unless you were almost touching the car in front of you, if they were closer to the car in front of them, they would still pull away from you easily even if you were well within their slipstream.

Slot 2: Qualified 8th once again when I could've had 4th or 5th, because for the millionth time this season, I made a stupid error in qualifying; this time it was slightly grazing the wall exiting T2 while trying to avoid steering too much. Ultimately I worked my way up to P3 on the back straight on Lap 3 when an inopportune lag spike caused me to give the mightiest shove to the Lambo in 2nd while simultaneously killing all my momentum. That dropped me to 8th and almost caused me to lose the draft again, but I caught up to 7th again before the final corner. I burned all my NOS on the run to the finish and passed 2 cars that ran out of it early, then the Lambo after it spun, and finally passed P4 in the tunnel as he squeezed me into the wall, but couldn't kill enough of my momentum to prevent me from just grabbing the spot at the line. 254 points.
I think I was the slower car in Slot 1. I hope I wasn’t the cause of you tapping the wall. Both you and the car behind you went around the outside and I tried to stay more than a car’s width inside while still in the slip of the car in front of me, but I think you both ended up kissing the barrier.

VGT haters shouldn’t look at the early Daytona leaderboards.

Also, SR off for that round and no penalties for wall collisions. Seems like a recipe for ramming riding carnage. Nascar!

That big bump wasn’t by accident. :cheers:

I finished p3 in that one by .02. It’s amazing what can happen if you have enough fuel in the car.

It was a good group to be in. No one breaking ranks, no unnecessary battling. Good fun, but I could have done without p1 running so close to the top barrier every lap. Very stressful trying to gently bump and avoid ending up in the barrier.
That was you?! I had no idea but now I see in your sig haha. You didn't have to do that, mate... probably could've gotten the win in your own right. Appreciate it, though. Sometimes, it's not who you are but who you know. :cheers:

Not so sure about this Daytona race. DR is on but SR is off (seems backwards to me if anything); you have to use a rented car; thus it'll likely be a one-make race where they all look the same.

I get why they may not be doing a snow race for the last event as they were likely planning. Remember when GV was released, used as a Manu race and there was a pit lane glitch which caused a sudden track change to Nurb GP? So, yea, I don't even care the snow rally isn't the last combo... but why not the new 992 GT3 or LFA around High Speed Ring, Blue Moon Infield, The Glen, or [inset your favorite track here].

If it were a Daily I wouldn't care so much but for Nations, definitely underwhelmed.

Last edited:
VGT haters shouldn’t look at the early Daytona leaderboards.
I tried out a few of the Gr.3 cars there in free practice now that it's open before giving the Suzuki meta a go. For the first few laps, I couldn't understand how the top-ranked times were getting under 50s, when I was consistently just barely breaking into high 51s. It's not like there are that many places on the track to eek out another 2s. Then I discovered the car has a 7th gear. :dunce: Brrrr! That thing goes!

For this week's Manu race at Catalunya -- GT2, Peugeot -- I've been doing a some test races, trying different tire strategies. I had done a no-stop 16H test early on and I was finding that some of my 1-stop RH-RM combos were getting pretty close. One, 8H-8M, was even slightly faster. Then on one of my tests, I forgot to pit on the lap that I had planned to. So I decided to stay out on RHs and turn it into a retest of 16H. I was 16s faster than previous test! It seems I've gotten faster on the track since I ran my initial test. The 1-stop strategies aren't anywhere close now. Looks like it will be a straightforward no-stop sprint on RHs for me.

Back