Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Hold on, I chose AMG last season. Does that car disappear from my garage when the new season begins? I don’t own any AMG Gr.3 and Gr.4.
You will lose the car if you sign with different manufacturer. I do not know if you get a new rental or keep the same car if you stay with the same manufacturer. I assume its a new rental car though.

I’m about 3/4 of the way to the edge of my seat in anticipation to see what tuning options they decide to give us this season. That alone will have a big impact on who I decide to go with

Last edited:
You will lose the car if you sign with different manufacturer. I do not know if you get a new rental or keep the same car if you stay with the same manufacturer. I assume its a new rental car though.
Oh, alright. Hasn’t changed from GT Sport. The car just sits there and can’t be deleted.

Since we're still waiting, my hopes for future seasons:

• Most or all of the races as long as last season. I really love being able to settle into a race and get spread out a bit.
  • More weather. The races we had it were amazing.
  • A way to keep the realistically slow-moving weather, but not have the same weather in every slot. Watching Australian streams was fun and all but I want to be able to anticipate and react and make risky choices.
  • A new BOP. Pretty sure this is coming, but, the meta is getting very stale and spread out.
  • Tied to the above - Gr.4 in Manufacturer's please? I know it's hard to balance, but, part of the whole point of Manus, at least for me, is that you don't always have the best car in every race, but if it's balanced across the season...
  • Tuning in some races. It's really not that hard, people. Especially in Manu's where we're re-using the same car...
  • Diverse strategies. I can get boring sprints in any racing game, the strategies are honestly a big part of what makes GT7 MP fun for me.

Since we're still waiting, my hopes for future seasons:

• Most or all of the races as long as last season. I really love being able to settle into a race and get spread out a bit.
  • More weather. The races we had it were amazing.
  • A way to keep the realistically slow-moving weather, but not have the same weather in every slot. Watching Australian streams was fun and all but I want to be able to anticipate and react and make risky choices.
  • A new BOP. Pretty sure this is coming, but, the meta is getting very stale and spread out.
  • Tied to the above - Gr.4 in Manufacturer's please? I know it's hard to balance, but, part of the whole point of Manus, at least for me, is that you don't always have the best car in every race, but if it's balanced across the season...
  • Tuning in some races. It's really not that hard, people. Especially in Manu's where we're re-using the same car...
  • Diverse strategies. I can get boring sprints in any racing game, the strategies are honestly a big part of what makes GT7 MP fun for me.
Hope they listen to you! But a bit concerned about tunning. I think know having the suspension is fine, maybe adding a couple of tunes more, so we slowlly learn abou it. Might be not so hard but the interactions between several settings can be very complex or this is how i feel, from ignorance.

tuning flexibility sounds good at first, but devolves into everyone either using the same odd tune that uses a quirk of GTs physics from a youtuber or using a suboptimal tune/no tuning and getting left behind. i feel like suspension stiffness and maybe downforce are as much as should be allowed, otherwise the driving skill starts to become secondary to which youtuber you decide to copy your tune from

Well I was so excited back in February when I got my PS VR2, looking forward to a year of GT1 Manu races. Now the year is over and I participated in a grand total of ZERO GTWS races! The long race formats were awesome, but three slots all on Saturday afternoons/evenings, that's just impossible. I don't get why they can't spread the slots out more during the day (midday, afternoon, evening maybe).

Or squeezing in a bunch of races only three or four days apart. The schedule this entire year was just impossible for me.

I am eagerly awaiting a new exhibition season and hoping races are on any day besides Friday or Saturday and with a week's gap between races. Cramming everything into tiny timespans this year was a less than optimum way of doing things IMO.

The last announcement tagged the exhibition series as 2023/2024 so hopefully we won't have to wait long for another season. I am really hoping I can get back to Sport Mode in 2024!

I have not been very active here lately (in case someone noticed :) ) and had not entered the latest ehibition series as I had to focus on my new career. Seems the Dutch Police is so understaffed that they even allow old F*'s like me to enlist. Not going to be a full time cop on street duty at my age obviously, I will spent most time in Police detention centres and doing transports and will only go for outside duty during large events like football matches, large riots, et cetera.

So the last few months I was to busy with training and studying and decided to focus all on work and not on this game. But I past the most important exam yesterday and can focus on having some fun with racing again. Have already been doing a bit of driving the last few days and looking forward to a new season, hope one will start beginning next year.
GT7 has so fewer racing events compared to GTS, it is a real shame. Also noticed that a bit of tuning is to be done, not really looking forward to that. Not sure I will have the time to tinker with car heights or something like that.

If the BoP stays the same I think I will stick with Ferrari. I know the Gr. 3 car is not well liked but for some reason I seem to get along with it. I am also concidering McLaren as I have never signed for them.
But hoping the new series will be mixed Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 as it should be though. If the focus shifts more on Gr. 3 then I might concider Porsche...

But anyhow... recently I visited the Kroller-Moller museum here in the Netherlands and happened to notice a certain fimiliar statue there:

1703083143009.png

Museum staff was a bit angry when I tried to take it home and my explanation that as a winner of a GTWS race I was entitled to having this trophy was met with a lifetime ban for this museum. But for all of you still allowed inside I can certainly advise a visit if you are ever in this country, it is a lovely museum in the middle of a beautiful park where you can run into some deers if you are lucky. (I was)

It has a large collection of Van Goghs amongst others and a lovely garden filled with statues including several from Barbara Hepworth. And the architecture is amazing. Be sure to check the hunters lodge nearby, think it is one of the most beautiful building I have ever seen:

1703083832609.png

Nice to be back here!

GTWS Exhibition season has been announced (at a very weird time of day!): Nations & Manu

Looks fairly standard, early things of note are the heavy damage and full Gr.3 Manu for GT1 are still in effect. Round 4 of Nations is TBD, I'd personally be very surprised if that's not the Genesis VGT.
Alot shorter races these time round in manufacturers, so I guess the much longer races weren’t popular enough to warrant them continuing. That’s a shame, cause I was looking for some redemption at the Nurburgring this time!

Well that kinda blows. Gr.3 only for GT1, and only suspension tuning allowed on a couple of the rounds. Was looking forward to flogging a Ferrari this season - with anticipation of suspension tuning and some Gr.4 rounds in GT1…

But alas, I can’t justify putting myself at that big of a disadvantage in a Gr.3 only series. Oh well, looking forward to the ring as always.

Can someone confirm IG that tuning for round 1 is indeed only limited to BB? At work for the next 3 days 😑

Last edited:
Think I’m going to pass. N24 and Bathurst are not fun for me, Red Bulls and Super Formulas are too fast & twitchy. Not worth resubbing to Plus yet.

Geez, this is weak. Short races, no weather, minimal strategy, no Gr.4 in Manus or anything but the same old in Nations... I am curious about the "Custom" slipstream, does it just mean minimal dirty air like the last few times we've seen it, or something else? It could be literally anything, after all...

Wednesdays are back? I'd gotten used to Saturdays only and I think I actually preferred it. Shorter races again too. 😕

Kind of hoping this is just so a short season can be squeezed in and then they'll go back to how it was previously. I can understand shortening the races if there's two a week, but definitely preferred the big race day feel!

Really hoping N24 has the time progression to night like the world final, that'll be awesome in VR.

Ugh, I didn't even notice the return of the midweek races. Another reason to skip it, with my work schedule I'd be limited to the last 2 slots at best.

None of the races look particularly enticing but I'll still do it regardless. I have 6 more manufacturers to sign with before I will consider retiring from these championships.

For Nations I wish they use other open wheels (MP4/4, RA272, RB Junior) instead of the usual X2019 or Super Formula.

For Manu here's hoping Nurb and DTG has weather.

I much prefer the alternating weekly schedule but PD always does random things for no reason so it is what it is.

At this point I'm kind of expecting Gr.4 to be phased out from Manufacturers completely by the official season. I think PD have realised what a complicated balancing act it is to properly balance a class that has so many different sub-identities and drivetrains.

I was excited to see the announcement of the new season -- a little less so when I saw the schedule with everything compressed into January, as I'm going to be away for a good chunk of the month. I should still be able to do the first 3 rounds of Manu Cup, so I'll be signing up for that one. Not sure if I'll do the Nations Cup, since I'll only be around for the last two events.

The timing of the announcement couldn't be better, though. I'm just wrapping up my final round of Gr.3/Gr.4 car profiling using rental cars at the Daily Races. I'll post those results here soon for anybody who is trying to decide which Manufacturer to sign with.

Knee-jerk reaction is not particularly thrilled with these races. The Gr3 at Nord and The Glen are the only two that really pique my interest. I assume the Nord race will have rain at the beginning (it will if it's truly a copy of the GTWS races)? And Weds are typically a no-go for me. I might be able to do one of the later slots, but work/life balance on Wed means not a great day for gaming.

Unfortunate they haven't added more time slots for GT1, too. Suspension tuning on a number of them, as well. Blah.

Last edited:
I might be one of the few that likes the Wednesday race. I can usually only get one attempt (maybe two) on the Saturday races. Wednesday is on my weekend, so it works out nicely.

Nations doesn't look particularly interesting to me. Hopefully the unannounced Round 4 is not a surprise Bump-Draft-Fest at an oval track.

Manu looks better, I expect Round 1 will be similar to the exhibition season race we had at the Nurburgring? I can't remember if GT2/3 was 5 laps or 3.

Back