Gran Turismo World Series - Round 3 Tokyo

• Thread starter Famine
  • 9 comments
Will GTPlanet (and other media, Super GT as well) be invited this time?

Would be a real missed opportunity for PD not to let you tour its HQ again.

Will GTPlanet (and other media, Super GT as well) be invited this time?

Would be a real missed opportunity for PD not to let you tour its HQ again.
Media has not been invited to any GTWS events this year, unfortunately.

I would not be surprised to see some Japanese press at this event, though, as PD has their own relationships with local media in Tokyo (for obvious reasons) and there would be no travel or additional expenses involved to accommodate them.

Media has not been invited to any GTWS events this year, unfortunately.

I would not be surprised to see some Japanese press at this event, though, as PD has their own relationships with local media in Tokyo (for obvious reasons) and there would be no travel or additional expenses involved to accommodate them.
That really sucks. =/

Guess they're really cutting costs this year, what with the reduction of player count in the Nations Cup as well.

Tokyo icons are up.
IMG_5229.jpeg

Races are out, too:

Manufacturers is 22 laps of Bathurst, all tyre types required.

Nations Sprint is 10 laps of Tokyo East in the tuned production cars. This is good news because they will undoubtedly port this as Daily C either next week or the week after, and it's actually Daily C-length for once instead of 7 laps of Eiger.

Nations Final is 27 laps of Grand Valley, in the X2019 as usual.

Common theme of note: Lots of close walls.

Last edited:
Kinda bummer they don't tell us the tire and fuel multiplies for the Manu race. That would definitely influence my guess on who will win.

And PD's obsession with the X2019 for Nations has gotten long in the tooth.

Kinda bummer they don't tell us the tire and fuel multiplies for the Manu race. That would definitely influence my guess on who will win.
Not to mention practicing for the next exhibition season, which I expect will come after the live event and feature this race.

I spent some time this weekend doing some test runs with my short list of unpopular cars to see which ones fair best. I'm guessing we'll see 3x tire wear and 1x fuel. That gives 5-6 laps on RS tires before the performance starts dropping off, and is the only setting that allows going the whole race without adding fuel. On 4x tire wear, the RSs start dropping off after 3-4 laps, which seems too short for a 22-lap race, even if that is what we saw in the recent daily race there. That's just my guess, though. We'll have to wait and see what we actually get.

Back