Grand Prix 4

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
Seagull_Racer
This has surely got to be the best F1 sim there is, beats F1C into the ground..

AI - Actually behaves like the F1 drivers they are supposed to be, fanastic in other words.

Damage - Fully deformable F1 cars make crashes a treat to watch and be a part of.lol

Accuracy - Based on 2001 but still dam good, GPS tracks etc.

Graphics - On my PC not so good but ive seen some screenshots on a good PC and it looks blooming fantastic. www.f1gamers.com has good screenshots for it.

Physics - Commonly the downfall of F1 games, not here, the best F1 physics, ever, feels perfect, proper rain physics etc.

At the moment though, theres a bug buggin me, it keeps crashing to desktop everytime i exit a race, anyone know how to fix this?

Screenshots running on my PC, graphics set pretty much all to medium, mirrors and bump mapping off, some other things off shadows low, etc.

Ok, Maybe i exaggerated the Crashes :D The bits fall off in a beleivable manner and stay on the track for a while. :D

Do you know of any fixes or patches to stop the desktop crashing, i have downloaded and installed the official pacth but is there any more?

GT_Fan2005
Ok, Maybe i exaggerated the Crashes :D The bits fall off in a beleivable manner and stay on the track for a while. :D

Do you know of any fixes or patches to stop the desktop crashing, i have downloaded and installed the official pacth but is there any more?
I don't know of any other...

r34jse
ive gto gt4 and i love it but i think gtr is much better
I also like alot of GTR, it's the game i've been playing more now, but for F1 i still prefer GP4.
However... i like more GTs than F1s... :rolleyes:

I play:
GP4 for F1;
GTR for GT/24h;
Gran Turismo for normal cars;
GP500 for bikes.

Cheers.

Im gonna get a joypad for PC soon, i cant turn off Steering assist otherwise and its so annoying, plus i want to crank up the difficulty but with a keyboard it gets too hard.

Thanks, il get some more screens, anyone know how to take multiple screenshots without having to close the game?

GT_Fan2005
Cheers.

Im gonna get a joypad for PC soon, i cant turn off Steering assist otherwise and its so annoying, plus i want to crank up the difficulty but with a keyboard it gets too hard.
I also play it with keyboard, and was able to win the Championship in Pro dificulty level. In Ace (hardest level) i was always fighting for a podium position, but could only win in a few tracks... like Brazil.
I used to play with one of the worst drivers, so i could have the best ones on track. If you pick one of the bests it should be a bit easier, since is one less opponent you have fighting for the victory.

You just need to work on your car setups and know the tracks, everything gets easier then ;)

:D I think my bad driving gives it half of the challenge :lol:

Another screen from a great race i had on Hockenheim.

:lol: you'll get better with practice ;)

Btw, you drive with that view ("above the drivers head")?
I prefer the cockpit view, it's not only more realistic but i think it also gives better feeling of the car... at least to me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ive used the T-Cam in F1 games as long as i can remember, and i get some horrid slowdown on my PC with cockpit view:(

I got this game about 5-6 days ago now, and I've just started working on settups. Man, it's opened another world of this game to me. I'm really enjoying making the settups. Expect me to post a *.zip of settups within a few days.

Blake

Hello all. I want this game. I have a brilliant Momo Racing wheel and I will try to search for this game here in Trinidad.

I've just found a very juicy link: its the 1991 Season Mod. Its not done yet, but you could sample some 1991 content in the downloads section. :D

I’m still playing this game, man. You’ll love it, if you can find it. 👍

No idea. In Australia I was pretty fortunate to find a copy at one of my local game stores.

Mr. Boy
Is it easy to get from British game stores?

In my local Gamestation they always have it, 2 or 3 boxes are always on the shelf. So as far as i know it is easy to get from British gamestores:tup:

Dam i wish i had more powerful pc:( The 2006 cars are coming along very nicely.

I'm gonna check GAME if it's there. Good thing about old games is that they're cheap and I can run them on max.

Ashley.
In my local Gamestation they always have it, 2 or 3 boxes are always on the shelf. So as far as i know it is easy to get from British gamestores:tup:

Dam i wish i had more powerful pc:( The 2006 cars are coming along very nicely.

were can you find the 2006 cars :)

These are just some pictures I took this evening for a friend, thought I might as well post them here, not sure why… :P

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 00001.jpg
    00001.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 00003.jpg
    00003.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 00004.jpg
    00004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 00005.jpg
    00005.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 43
I miss the shark detailing on the front of the jordans...... why dont they have that kind of stuff anymore!

I’m starting a 2001 season in GP4, I’ll make a new thread in a few hours. Check it out. ;)

Hey guys, now im on a more powerful PC than the one i had when i posted the thread back in September 2005. Here is a video i just done, taken with fraps, compressed with virtualdub and it does lag a bit but thats through no fault of my own, it doesnt lag in game and i get constant 30fps.

Jenson Button - Silverstone - Season 2000 mod - DFP.

Back