GT 7 GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter pmallard
  • 2,530 comments
Hello Geezers , here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

RACE 1)@ Circuit de Barcelona. National Layout
550PP European Road Cars
10 Laps
Any sport tire

RACE 2)@ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa
6 Laps
600PP Asian Road Cars
Any sport tire

RACE 3)@ Grand Valley Hwy 1 Reverse
6 Laps
700PP American Road Cars
RH tire

1ST 3 RACES , FUEL X 5 / TIRE WEAR X 5

GEEZER RACES ARE INVITATION ONLY

LOBBY / CHAT OPENS @ 7:30PM EST
RACING STARTS @ 8PM

Last edited:
Lobby I will hosting tonight at 8:30pm
Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 11-14-13 Your paragraph text - Presentation.png

Saturday and Sunday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars we may use

Any Gr.1 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.2 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM
Any Gr.3 - (BoP No Tuning) - RM/RH
Any Gr.4 - (BoP No Tuning) - RH

PP Races - Road Cars Only - (PP RACES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN ADVANCE - NO LAST MINUTE RACES)
PP < 500 - may use any Confort Tires
PP > = 500 < 700 use any Sport Tires
PP>= 700 Use Racing Hard tires

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 3x for all races.
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 100 liters and 7x for all races.
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: Strong
Slipstream: Real

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Road Atlanta
Laps: 6
Car: Gr.4 BoP RH

2nd Race
Big Willow
Car: Gr.3 BoP RM

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Watkins Glen Short
Laps: 9
Mazda Touring Car BoP SS

2nd Race
Nurburgring Short
Laps: 8
Radical BoP SS

4th Place chooses combo for next race

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.
PS 2 - A headset is requested to participate.

Cars we may use

PP Races - Road Cars Only - (PP RACES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN ADVANCE - NO LAST MINUTE RACES)

Weather: Sunny and Clear Day (we will try a few different formats but no rain for now)

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Road Atlanta

2nd Race
Big Willow

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Watkins Glen Short
Mazda Touring Car BoP SS

2nd Race
Nurburgring Short
Radical BoP SS

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is for invited people ONLY. if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, ask on this thread to be a member of the club.
Welcome back my friend!

Hello Geezers , here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

RACE 1)@ Circuit de Barcelona. National Layout
550PP European Road Cars
10 Laps
Any sport tire

RACE 2)@ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa
6 Laps
600PP Asian Road Cars
Any sport tire

RACE 3)@ Grand Valley Hwy 1 Reverse
6 Laps
700PP American Road Cars
RH tire

1ST 3 RACES , FUEL X 5 / TIRE WEAR X 5

GEEZER RACES ARE INVITATION ONLY

RACING STARTS @ 8PM
Hi viper Al, new member. Live in San Diego, interested in joining in the GT7 races. What's the deal?

REPOST:
I was talking to Jerry Schulte (yes, I know he died a few years ago) the other night after the last few weeks of somewhat contentious racing. He told me it's time for a Geezer Club reset. Jerry created this club 10 years ago to fill a need of older and or more laid-back pilots. He realized that some of the official GT racers don't have the abilities of younger drivers. Or, they were not interested in the daily races where running someone off the track, because you can, is an acceptable way to have fun. We're less serious about winning, and put having fun higher than that goal. Below are some guidelines for becoming a Geezer Club member, or a wannabe Geezer Club participant.

Geezer is someone who is 60 years old or will be 60 years old this year.

Drop the win at all cost attitude and have fun. That's why we use boost strong to help a driver recover from racing incidents. Overly aggressive driving isn't allowed.

If you must talk during a race, keep it on topic, and try not to talk just to hear yourself make noise. Joking around for a laugh is highly recommended. Be respectful of others' opinions even if they are wrong, don't argue, there's nothing more disrupting than listening to two people argue when most don't want to hear it.

After a race is finished, take a moment of silence to let the owner of the room have some time to talk with the person selecting the next race so he can start the set up for the track.

1 - If someone wants to participate in a Geezer lobby, they have to first respond to this message on the geezer thread and be accepted by the committee on a trial basis. We don't care how fast or slow you are, it's how you race that counts.

2 - Geezer Lobbies are for Geezers and invited Friends only. Friends of friends will not be automatically accepted. If you join without asking, you will need to leave, and follow rule 1 for the next event.

3 - If you are not 60 years old but would like to join us, you can be accepted on temporary bases (geezling). If you race too aggressively and the win is more important than having fun, you will likely be asked not to return.

4 - It's usual that the host posts the first 4 races. When those are complete, a participant is asked to choose a car and track till the end of the session. This way most everyone has the opportunity to choose a race they like.

5: We like to do quick races (5 to 10) laps to keep the lobby running (we are old and the time is critical) so PP races or any other race that involves testing and a long time to prepare the car can only be chosen by the lobby host that is running the race. These races will be posted in advance so we have time to prepare the cars. If you have any ideas, submit them to the host in advance and he will consider using them.

6 - If you want to host a Geezer race event, it is necessary for the host to also follow the rules as outlined.

REPOST:
I was talking to Jerry Schulte (yes, I know he died a few years ago) the other night after the last few weeks of somewhat contentious racing. He told me it's time for a Geezer Club reset. Jerry created this club 10 years ago to fill a need of older and or more laid-back pilots. He realized that some of the official GT racers don't have the abilities of younger drivers. Or, they were not interested in the daily races where running someone off the track, because you can, is an acceptable way to have fun. We're less serious about winning, and put having fun higher than that goal. Below are some guidelines for becoming a Geezer Club member, or a wannabe Geezer Club participant.

Geezer is someone who is 60 years old or will be 60 years old this year.

Drop the win at all cost attitude and have fun. That's why we use boost strong to help a driver recover from racing incidents. Overly aggressive driving isn't allowed.

If you must talk during a race, keep it on topic, and try not to talk just to hear yourself make noise. Joking around for a laugh is highly recommended. Be respectful of others' opinions even if they are wrong, don't argue, there's nothing more disrupting than listening to two people argue when most don't want to hear it.

After a race is finished, take a moment of silence to let the owner of the room have some time to talk with the person selecting the next race so he can start the set up for the track.

1 - If someone wants to participate in a Geezer lobby, they have to first respond to this message on the geezer thread and be accepted by the committee on a trial basis. We don't care how fast or slow you are, it's how you race that counts.

2 - Geezer Lobbies are for Geezers and invited Friends only. Friends of friends will not be automatically accepted. If you join without asking, you will need to leave, and follow rule 1 for the next event.

3 - If you are not 60 years old but would like to join us, you can be accepted on temporary bases (geezling). If you race too aggressively and the win is more important than having fun, you will likely be asked not to return.

4 - It's usual that the host posts the first 4 races. When those are complete, a participant is asked to choose a car and track till the end of the session. This way most everyone has the opportunity to choose a race they like.

5: We like to do quick races (5 to 10) laps to keep the lobby running (we are old and the time is critical) so PP races or any other race that involves testing and a long time to prepare the car can only be chosen by the lobby host that is running the race. These races will be posted in advance so we have time to prepare the cars. If you have any ideas, submit them to the host in advance and he will consider using them.

6 - If you want to host a Geezer race event, it is necessary for the host to also follow the rules as outlined.
Hey Geezers - I posted on Saturday about joining in to see if this lobby is something that I could get involved in. I received a response from corryclifford, which I am assuming was an invite (?). Seeing as this is the first time that I have joined a specific lobby, and I don't have any 3-year-old grandkids to show me how it works, just how does it work on GT7? I look for a lobby in Multiplayer called Geezers and jump in to see if I can race? Probably won't make the weekend races because I'm on the west coast and this old geezer does not want to get up at 5:00 am to be ready to race at 5:30 Pacific. Plus, if I wake the missus up at that time, she'll probably take the Gran Turismo disc out of my PS5 and hide it, so I won't be able to race anyway.

Hello Geezers,here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Invitational Geezer Racing

RACE 1)@ Spa
8 Laps
800PP Race Cars
Any racing tire
Tire wear x 5

RACE 2)@ Dragon Trail Seaside
6 Laps
700PP Road Cars
RH tires
Fuel x 5 / tire wear x 5

RACE 3)@ Autopolis
6 Laps
600PP Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel x5 / tire wear x 5

GEEZER LOBBIES ARE INVITATION ONLY

RACING STARTS @ 8PM

Last edited:
Hey Geezers - I posted on Saturday about joining in to see if this lobby is something that I could get involved in. I received a response from corryclifford, which I am assuming was an invite (?). Seeing as this is the first time that I have joined a specific lobby, and I don't have any 3-year-old grandkids to show me how it works, just how does it work on GT7? I look for a lobby in Multiplayer called Geezers and jump in to see if I can race? Probably won't make the weekend races because I'm on the west coast and this old geezer does not want to get up at 5:00 am to be ready to race at 5:30 Pacific. Plus, if I wake the missus up at that time, she'll probably take the Gran Turismo disc out of my PS5 and hide it, so I won't be able to race anyway.
First of all, what is your PSN ID? Second, you should send a PS friend request to the host for the lobby you want to join. For example, for Wednesday night, you’ll want to add viper9-al_ to your friends list. Then you go into the multiplayer lobby list at the time listed, check the box for “only show lobbies with friends”, select the room, and you’re off to the races.

You’ll want a headset, and then to be added to the Geezer group for the PS chat. Verbal communication is extremely helpful to guide those new to the experience. The post above from Pete (pmallard) has other info for new Geezers. Hope this helps.

Cars we may use

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Fuji Full

2nd Race
Tsukuba

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Brands Hatch
Laps: 7
Gr.B BoP RH

2nd Race
Sardegna C
X-BOW BoP SS

See ya there!

Wednesday Night Geezer Race August 28th

T: 3x F:3x

Tuning allowed for all races

1st Race - Goodwood - 9 Laps

Car: Porsche 356 CS or GT - 149 hp, 1647 lbs. - Tires: SM / SS

2nd Race: Nürburgring GP - 6 laps

Car: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - 527 hp. - 3803 lbs. - Tires SH

3rd Race: Spa-Francorpchamps - 5 laps

Car; BMW M3 GT '11 Gr3 - 495 hp. - 2908 lbs. - Tires RM

Room opens at 7:30 pm EDT , Race starts at 8:00
Open to all Geezers friends and friends of friends
Send friend request to: oldboy43

Tune for the BMW:

Wednesday Night Geezer Race August 28th

T: 3x F:3x

Tuning allowed for all races

1st Race - Goodwood - 9 Laps

Car: Porsche 356 CS or GT - 149 hp, 1647 lbs. - Tires: SM / SS

2nd Race: Nürburgring GP - 6 laps

Car: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - 527 hp. - 3803 lbs. - Tires SH

3rd Race: Spa-Francorpchamps - 5 laps

Car; BMW M3 GT '11 Gr3 - 495 hp. - 2908 lbs. - Tires RM

Room opens at 7:30 pm EDT , Race starts at 8:00
Open to all Geezers friends and friends of friends
Send friend request to: oldboy43

Tune for the BMW:
Claude back to hosting on Wednesdays.
Summer must be over now.
lol

Saturday Geezer Races

Cars we may use

PP Races - Road Cars Only - Any PP

1st Race
Watkins Glen short
Car: Mazda Touring Car - BoP - No tuning (Brake Balance only) - Tires: SS

2nd Race
Blue Moon Infield A
Car: Gr.4 - BoP - (Brake Balance only) - Tires: RH

See ya there!

PS 1 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce
PS 2 - Due to the amount of work for the lobby host in GT7, a headset is requested. There will be no typing from the host with instructions.

Last edited:
Good afternoon Geezers, here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

BONUS GEEZER WAIN WACE @ SPA
700PP Road Cars (NO VGT CARS)
20 minute endurance
Any Racing/Rain tire
Fuel x5 / tire wear x 5
NO BOOST

RACE 1)@ High Speed Ring Reverse
8 Laps
600PP Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel x 5. / tire wear x 5

RACE 2)@ Kyoto DP. Miyabi
10 Laps
500PP Road cars
CS tires
Fuel x 5 / tire wear x 5

RACE 3)@ Special Stage Route X
2 Laps
Max 1000 HP Cars
Any racing tire
Boost strong/ slipstream strong
Engine swap cars permitted

RACING STARTS @ 8PM

Last edited:
Good afternoon Geezers, here’s the lineup for Wednesday Night Geezer Invitational Racing

BONUS GEEZER WAIN WACE @ SPA
700PP Road Cars (NO VGT CARS)
20 minute endurance
Any Racing/Rain tire
Fuel x5 / tire wear x 5
NO BOOST

RACE 1)@ High Speed Ring Reverse
8 Laps
600PP Road Cars
Any sport tire
Fuel x 5. / tire wear x 5

RACE 2)@ Kyoto DP. Miyabi
10 Laps
500PP Road cars
CS tires
Fuel x 5 / tire wear x 5

RACE 3)@ Special Stage Route X
2 Laps
1000 HP Cars
Any racing tire
Boost strong/ slipstream strong
Engine swap cars permitted

RACING STARTS @ 8PM
Race #3, is it 1k HP exactly? And does PP not matter? Sounds fun as hell too

Hi Guys. I just wanted to post up my wheel settings for the G Pro in case they are useful for anyone :).

I am using all 5 profiles on the wheel and just switch before each race. Only takes a couple of seconds.

GT7 in game settings..
Controller Steering Sensitivity - 0 It definitely changes the way the car feels to me.
FF Max Torque - 6
FF Sensitivity - 3
Vibration Strength ( True Force ) 150

Profile 1 - GT4/Sports Med/Racing Hard
Strength 8.8
True Force 100
Filter 1
Damper 6

Profile 2 - Racing Medium
Strength 8
True Force 75
Filter 2
Damper 12

Profile 3 - Racing Soft
Strength 10.5
True Force 70
Filter 10
Damper 85

Profile 4 - Sports Soft/Sports Hard
Strength 9
True Force 85
Filter 7
Damper 15

Profile 5 - Comfort Soft
Strength 11
True Force 100
Filter 1
Damper 50

GT7 sets everything at the start of the game. First thing I do when it loads up is go into the G Pro settings and adjust the wheel strength one click up and then back. I do the same with True Force. This will over ride GT7 and allow the use of the different profiles for each car/tire type.

See you guys Wednesday night.

Cars we may use

SATURDAY RACES

1st Race
Gardens

2nd Race
Goodwood
86 GRMIN '16 BoP SS

SUNDAY RACES

1st Race
Red Bull Short
X-Bow BoP SS

2nd Race
Monza

See ya there!

Back