GT Academy 2011 - UK GAME Wild Card Competition(s)

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 38 comments
Hi all, have to say I'm new to the forum, referred by Stune and others. So pop in and see what's going on.

Like some of the others here, I couldn't spend my time to do the online TT so opt to do the wildcard. I remember I did 2'18"600 on 9th March then I gave up due to work commitment.

Some of you may know that, I'm the one beaten by James, Steve, Paul J in O2 event, and my PSN is cya_lai.

Regarding to the wildcard event, I did get a call today and confirm I ran the fastest time in Reading and amongst the other locations.

So I am now officially one of the finalists.

I ran 1'40'024, and Stune ran 1'40'032 in Manchester, so I won only by a very small margin, 0.008s. But Steve set the time on day 1, and I got a week to practise so hats off to Steve.

Perhaps some of the forum members I have already met like TwinTurboCH, Stune, Paul etc. back in O2 Wildcard.

Anyway, look forward to meeting some of you guys in final.

Hi all, have to say I'm new to the forum, referred by Stune and others. So pop in and see what's going on.

Like some of the others here, I couldn't spend my time to do the online TT so opt to do the wildcard. I remember I did 2'18"600 on 9th March then I gave up due to work commitment.

Some of you may know that, I'm the one beaten by James, Steve, Paul J in O2 event, and my PSN is cya_lai.

Regarding to the wildcard event, I did get a call today and confirm I ran the fastest time in Reading and amongst the other locations.

I ran 1'40'024, and Stune ran 1'40'032 in Manchester, so I won only by a very small margin, 0.008s. But Steve set the time on day 1, and I got a week to practise so hats off to Steve.

Perhaps some of the forum members I have already met like TwinTurboCH, Stune, Paul etc. back in O2 Wildcard.

Only just saw this.. well done 👍 And welcome to GTP. What ruling was there at your store? as in practice laps etc.. :cheers:

Hi Anzel, it's great to have you on the forum! I'm glad you took everyone's advice at the O2 and decided to sign up here :)

I look forward to seeing you and James battle it out again at the national finals :cheers:

Mega congratulations to you too Dan for winning in Norwich and setting such an excellent lap after being given no practice laps and just the 3 laps to claim your prize. There was never any doubt really :D

All the best
Maz

What ruling was there at your store? as in practice laps etc.. :cheers:

Managed to set the fastest time at Glasgow, we got 2 laps practice and 2 flying laps. My time was 1.41.0xx, was nearly a second up on it after s1 on lap 2 but screwed up the 90 right onto the back straight :(

Annoyingly I did some practicing the night before, but had skid recovery on and was using a pad as those were the rules for the last one I entered :dopey:

But still, congrats to the winner, have fun at the final!

Mega congratulations to you too Dan for winning in Norwich and setting such an excellent lap after being given no practice laps and just the 3 laps to claim your prize. There was never any doubt really :D

All the best
Maz
Cheers Maz 👍 Best lap was lap 2.. was well up on lap 3 but lost it all in T3.. We both know all about that ;)

Managed to set the fastest time at Glasgow, we got 2 laps practice and 2 flying laps. My time was 1.41.0xx, was nearly a second up on it after s1 on lap 2 but screwed up the 90 right onto the back straight :(

But still, congrats to the winner, have fun at the final!

Good job mate.. 👍 I'm a little dissapointed they didn't have the same rules at each store.. But nevermind. :cheers:

Thanks everyone.
Cause I'm busy at work, so won't be able to check the forum so often.

Anyway, I only ran 2 laps and that's it.
I practised at home that I constantly get 1'39'"3-ish in G25, but in that day too much pressure and I messed up quite a few corners.

I look forward to meeting you guys in future / in final.

And GTPlanet is a great forum, I will get more time to check on :)

Latest Posts

Back