Gt academy finalists invited to british gt chapionship @ silverstone.

• Thread starter leexr2i
  • 38 comments
Was it the same combo at the same place and were you allowed only another three laps? I was going to come back to the paddock to try and have a go with the working wheel for curiosity reasons after the F3 race but my brother wanted to go home. I would have gone down definately if I knew that was up for grabs. Enjoy the experience if you are the winner 👍, Glenn must be gutted after the .511 tease :sly:.

haha ye it was the same combo, so I got a chance at another 3 laps :) where I got a .2 then right at the end of the day I got another chance for that 59 but missed out and got the .1 :P. 59.8 with that setup they had would be pretty perfect on the day I think :).

Yeh was good to see you guys!
@famine, you where on the pod with the busted wheel! :-)

Yes. Yes I was. I found this out straight away when I almost pitted from wheel dead ahead and then again when I tried to dab of oppo in the middle of a fail and was met with the noise of a leopard chewing gravel...

I could probably have done a 1'01.0 - I was tiptoeing to some extent because I'd done exactly the same thing down at the Stowe circuit earlier but on Racing Hards (these pods were on Sport Hards) and it was twitchy as - I got a 1'03.2 which was good enough for journos. The corner speeds and available traction were much higher on the paddock pods though - I didn't really twig there was that much more grip until I crashed on lap 3 :lol:

Still, the GT Academy guy on the stand told me at 11am that "I'll guarantee the best time today will be a 1'05"... :lol:

The wheel was wonky on both my first and second run, but even with the good left wheel, I'm not sure I would have got a 59. I'm positive we would get that time if we had say 10 laps, but with the short amount of time we had, I think Tidgney's 1.00.1 was an absolute beauty! I can't see anyone topping that in the day, unless Lewis Hamilton was around and about!

I was expecting fellow RoninGT racer GhostDriver to be red hot but it never clicked for him, luckily for me that is because he can be so so fast!

Anyway, I had a brilliant day and I hope to see you guys again if a similar event is held in the future. I hope you grab that package Martin!!

Just as you write that I was about to say Nissan rang me today to say I had won :)! Which is pretty awesome, finally won something :D! So I'll grab it with both hands for sure :D.

Nice to see you again mate, I'm sure we will be back with another GT Academy series ;D

Tidgney
Just as you write that I was about to say Nissan rang me today to say I had won :)! Which is pretty awesome, finally won something :D! So I'll grab it with both hands for sure :D.

Nice to see you again mate, I'm sure we will be back with another GT Academy series ;D

Well done sir!! Be sure to take vids!
Should try get a go pro!

They actually took mine and lee's details, even though we were clearly not the top time (I think lee was 2nd and I was 6th at about 4pm). Maybe there's top ten prizes? :D

Good job, Tidgney!

Cheers guys :),

Gopro would be a little expensive for 1 run out :P, although I must say I have quite a good idea I'm starting up soon to help myself and any others interested in the next GT Academy if there's another one of course :)!

Tidgney
Cheers guys :),

Gopro would be a little expensive for 1 run out :P, although I must say I have quite a good idea I'm starting up soon to help myself and any others interested in the next GT Academy if there's another one of course :)!

Interesting...lol
They take all good times just incase the top guys drop out! Like at the O2 wildcard! The guy in 3rd had no driving licence.. So the 4th place guy got a call!

Famine
They actually took mine and lee's details, even though we were clearly not the top time (I think lee was 2nd and I was 6th at about 4pm). Maybe there's top ten prizes? :D

Good job, Tidgney!

I was just to sunburnt to do any more laps!lol just had to go home..

Latest Posts

Back