GT cup Gr.3

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 64 comments
Just been doing this one myself, came 2nd with a 2.5 gap on my first try, then won it on my 2nd go by 2.3 seconds.
Found it easiest to make ground on them on the S section and the banked corner

Just been doing this one myself, came 2nd with a 2.5 gap on my first try, then won it on my 2nd go by 2.3 seconds.
Found it easiest to make ground on them on the S section and the banked corner
I literally come 13th they are quicker in every way cannot get past this

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn TC off. I did this in castrol Tom's on my 2nd attempt but the TC really hold's you back. You lose so much time as it robs you of acceleration massively. Yes, you will need be careful on the throttle but if you are you will mince the AI with ease. I was about 4s a lap slower than in GTS. Suck it up.

Human opponents will be something else...

I always start every driving game from day one with no aids turned on, that way you never get dependent on them or have to relearn when you eventually want to turn them off to be faster

The problem is this race opens up before a lot of the "tune" options unlock. You need to progress through the menus, unlock the extreme tuning options, get racing softs, etc. so that your car is more competitive. I got stomped the first time because I jumped in immediately when it unlocked.
Basically the game wasn't designed assuming you'd have a pre ordered Gr3 car in your garage in day 1.

The problem is this race opens up before a lot of the "tune" options unlock. You need to progress through the menus, unlock the extreme tuning options, get racing softs, etc. so that your car is more competitive. I got stomped the first time because I jumped in immediately when it unlocked.
Basically the game wasn't designed assuming you'd have a pre ordered Gr3 car in your garage in day 1.
But don’t you need the Fiat 500 F 68? I’ve done the licenses and without that car I don’t seem to be able to progress. I’m only looking on world circuits. Is there a car I can buy to unlock the tuning shop? Or just the Fiat? Thanks in advance

I tried this with the R8 LM Evo (tuned to match PP) and the best I could do was 7th with 14sec behind. The car was all over the place, I need to test other Gr3 cars, because this was so strange.

Same here Marvin! 😂 I don’t understand why it’s so difficult might be because I suck at it lol I need to find someone that will win the race for me!

Same here Marvin! 😂 I don’t understand why it’s so difficult might be because I suck at it lol I need to find someone that will win the race for me!
Me too! Just need that Fiat, then the upgrade shop opens apparently 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just can't see any way of winning this race. No matter what I do to the car, I end up in 8th or 9th place and 25 to 30 seconds behind the leader. It just doesn't make sense.

Will someone who has won this race please post your car setup so I can see what I'm doing wrong.

I just can't see any way of winning this race. No matter what I do to the car, I end up in 8th or 9th place and 25 to 30 seconds behind the leader. It just doesn't make sense.

Will someone who has won this race please post your car setup so I can see what I'm doing wrong.
Ye me too I got to 3rd at one point then lost it lol

Not sure if I'm thinking of a different race but I didn't need to complete the GT Cup Gr3 in order to progress. I've finished the "Menu" (which is far from done, btw... it just abruptly ends with no International A/B or Super License races) and that was one of the few races I've yet to complete. Tried it a few times and I've not been able to come in better than 4th.

What’s the menu???? I’ve done like 3 races and all the licenses and I’m stuck, is there anything else I can do?
It's Menu Book 3 IIRC. .....the European compacts.

I have a feeling folks are talking about other races that open up at some of the tracks rather than required races to progress through the menu(s). So far I have unlocked all of the World Map locations AFAIK but certainly have already unlocked the Tuning shop as well as GT Auto. I never had to compete in a Gr3 race that I recall.

Maybe some folks are thinking they need to compete in all the races that unlock rather than the ones that are marked for Menu progression?

You only have to do the races the menu tells you to, to unlock the next one and features in the game.

Come back to the Gr 3 race when you're further through the menu book..

What can I do? I need the classic to complete the menu. I can’t do the race

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 74
What can I do? I need the classic to complete the menu. I can’t do the race
You're going to the wrong race, you don't actually have the menu active... it would show in the top left on the menu bar.

You need to press start on the menu book, where your cursor is in the shot, then follow the yellow compass symbols to the right race.

It's Menu Book 3 IIRC. .....the European compacts.

I have a feeling folks are talking about other races that open up at some of the tracks rather than required races to progress through the menu(s). So far I have unlocked all of the World Map locations AFAIK but certainly have already unlocked the Tuning shop as well as GT Auto. I never had to compete in a Gr3 race that I recall.

Maybe some folks are thinking they need to compete in all the races that unlock rather than the ones that are marked for Menu progression?
I think you're right that people are assuming all unlocked races need to be completed (unless it's another race other than the one described) as there are at least 6-8 races that unlock the are not required to finish the menu missions. These have PP restrictions, as well as tire wear/fuel consumption on, and are Rally, Gr. 4, or Gr. 3 races.

Back