GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

GT3 cars beyond their homologation period are set to feature at next years 12 hour thanks to a rule tweak that makes them eligible for a support race (Combined Sedans).

Lap times for the class are capped at a 2:09 but it'll be a good chance to see some of the cars that haven't been in the main race for a while.

I was also there!
Gutted for Abba, was really rooting for them to get a podium. Especially now Loggie has swapped to a Porsche.
Shame for Kevin Tse too, off on the first corner, ruined his race.

Good day though! Glad the weather was better on the Sunday
Gah, I meant to ask if there was anyone else from GTP going, it would have been cool to meet up! We probably passed each other several times, esp. if you were anywhere near the Team Abba Racing garage near practice, qualifying or the pitwalk!

I walked round the whole track during the race, as I usually do - where were you during the race mainly?

I see that Richard Neary and Ian Loggie are out of the GT Cup this weekend because they were supposed to drive the Abba #8 AMG.

Last edited:
Gah, I meant to ask if there was anyone else from GTP going, it would have been cool to meet up! We probably passed each other several times, esp. if you were anywhere near the Team Abba Racing garage near practice, qualifying or the pitwalk!

I walked round the whole track during the race, as I usually do - where were you during the race mainly?

I see that Richard Neary and Ian Loggie are out of the GT Cup this weekend because they were supposed to drive the Abba #8 AMG.
I do the full track walk too, nice day out with the Mrs.
Started at the inside of Redgate for the first few laps, then walked anti-clockwise round the outside of the track.
Timed it so we were back at Redgate for the end.

Had our usual mooch round the back of the garages, but didn't bother with the pit walk, CBA queuing! :lol:

Yes, that's a shame about the GT Cup, we watch that too. We were at Oulton for it this year.

Abba were DQ'd for working on the car during Parc Ferme, so if they hadn't have gone out they wouldn't have been DQ'd, so that's a shame!

I do the full track walk too, nice day out with the Mrs.
Started at the inside of Redgate for the first few laps, then walked anti-clockwise round the outside of the track.
Timed it so we were back at Redgate for the end.

Had our usual mooch round the back of the garages, but didn't bother with the pit walk, CBA queuing! :lol:

Yes, that's a shame about the GT Cup, we watch that too. We were at Oulton for it this year.

Abba were DQ'd for working on the car during Parc Ferme, so if they hadn't have gone out they wouldn't have been DQ'd, so that's a shame!
Wow, we had a very similar route. I was lucky as I had a team pass so I didn't have to queue for the pit walk, and so I did that, but I left for Redgate for the first couple of laps, before heading towards the Esses chicane. I stayed there for a good 15-20 mins before heading around the track anti-clockwise as well, and ended up back at Redgate, but on the infield side this time. I went back to the Abba garage for the last 10 minutes, and was watching the screens anxiously with the team, including Richard Neary - the poor guy went berserk when the car went off, and I didn't see him again after that. Apparently the car is still in the truck today, so he's taken it pretty hard, though they are planning to start working on it this evening!

I've definitely got the bug now, and will certainly be back at Donington for either the British GT or the GT Cup at some point, but I'd also like to see Brands Hatch and a couple of other circuits. I should be able to get a pass again for another race, and I'm toying with the idea of going to Spa next year for the British GT, since although the Spa 24h was amazing, I am aiming to go to Le Mans next year - but failing that, I'd love to go back to the Nordschleife for another crack at the 24h there - the great thing is that there's no shortage of other races to see there too though, but getting an affordable hotel near enough to Spa is a problem.

Wow, we had a very similar route. I was lucky as I had a team pass so I didn't have to queue for the pit walk, and so I did that, but I left for Redgate for the first couple of laps, before heading towards the Esses chicane. I stayed there for a good 15-20 mins before heading around the track anti-clockwise as well, and ended up back at Redgate, but on the infield side this time. I went back to the Abba garage for the last 10 minutes, and was watching the screens anxiously with the team, including Richard Neary - the poor guy went berserk when the car went off, and I didn't see him again after that. Apparently the car is still in the truck today, so he's taken it pretty hard, though they are planning to start working on it this evening!

I've definitely got the bug now, and will certainly be back at Donington for either the British GT or the GT Cup at some point, but I'd also like to see Brands Hatch and a couple of other circuits. I should be able to get a pass again for another race, and I'm toying with the idea of going to Spa next year for the British GT, since although the Spa 24h was amazing, I am aiming to go to Le Mans next year - but failing that, I'd love to go back to the Nordschleife for another crack at the 24h there - the great thing is that there's no shortage of other races to see there too though, but getting an affordable hotel near enough to Spa is a problem.
That's what I like about Donington, lots of good views!
Sounds great with the pass, my Mrs would like that! 😂

I'd like to go Brands Hatch, looks like a good spectator track.
Also NB or Spa would be amazing, just the logistics of it 🙄

Back