GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have gone a more creative "stealing" way, but I'm wondering if the Livery should not be separated from the Decal in the forum?
What is the "stealing": I start from pictures, convert them, modify them to go within 15k, etc...

It is important to find tools which work for you. As stated in the uploader, if you do it smart, the file can be small.

Some Decals I need to get in the right format to upload:
11kb
Car1.png

10kb
Woman5.png

12kb
Man.png

The first thing isn’t to find the highest quality base you can, I am finding that PDF files are a good source of unmolested images.

It can be a little maddening grabbing what you want in incscape though.

I then use the object to path, if it has too many points you can simplify the path (CTRL+L)

Then if required a visit to the SVGGO optimiser on the web...

The numbers where sonsimple no extra work was required!
Thanks man appreciate that, I will try it today again:bowdown:hopefully it'll work

I tried converting a .jpeg to .svg via an online free converter. The .svg came out kinda rounded (its a phrase I'm trying to convert), is this normal or would it be better quality if I used an actual program to do this?

Hi again! Sorry for super late post of today's liveries, so here we go :

Alain Menu's Laguna BTCC inspired livery on Megane Gr. 4 :

ZENT Cerumo LF-LC :

Winfield Evo Gr. B :

And finally, Lucas design his own livery! He also said it is available to download next week. Is this a sign for decal uploader being unlocked to all players? 💡 Who knows? ;)

So I got challenged by @YukinoSuzuka to recreate this British Superbikes Nissan GT-R Safety Car in GT Sport and promised I'd do it.

12339295_932960726826356_3214212752581232899_o.jpg

Well, here it is. :) I only left out the logos on the sideskirts since it looked awful on the non-flat sideskirts that this model GT-R in GT Sport has and wouldn't have been able to do it with the layer count anyway, the MCE logo has over 50 layers. As for the whole livery, 384 layers. :)

CujJJeP.jpg

7KSG7Va.jpg

The details in the logos, took a lot of work since they're still hand made by shapes and not imported.

n5pIHeI.jpg

Decided to recreate the 2 other colors that they use in the championship as well.

fKtwxzR.jpg

Video of the livery in all 3 colors.

These liveries are shared, tags are #british #superbikes #safety

Constructive feedback to TRY.

Add a black drop shadow to the main sponsor.
Lose the merc badge on the side.
Add more sponsors in strategic spots, best bet is to check the mercedes website for official partners and download decals ingame. FIA, F1 logos too maybe.
Use a custom number board for a race series that you might see this in. Make it the same size as the one you have. This way it looks better and also acts as a marker for you for where the online number board (like you have used) will go so that that one doesnt screw up your livery if used online.
Fade the “fenders” using a gradient shape to try and get rid of that awkward colour change near the headlights?

The base paint is great, a bit more time and energy could turn it from a great base paint to a great livery imo. Hope this is useful, its meant to be helpful and in no way discouraging. I really like what you have so far.

Very nice, looks great! Can you give me some tips on how to do the underside of the wing? Any time I put anything on the wing tips I get the decal showing thru and I can never seem to get it to layer properly so this won't show. I usually cover it up on the top fine, but can never get the underside.
Case in point:
View attachment 691497
View attachment 682751

Normally, reducing the depth to -9 or -10 stops anything on the side of the wing bleeding through. Same for stopping things going from top to the underside. Increasng the angle (and maybe depth too) should help a layer go from the top right round to the underside, but will orobably also transfer it to the boot, bumper, wing support and who knows where else! So might be tricky to do. Prevention should be easier than fix in this case.

Sorry for the double post, but I really wanted to seperate out the advice into two different replies. ☺️

Finally, someone created this on LMP car. Been waiting for this quite long though... :

AMG GT3 with Sauber C9 livery :

N24 Manthey Racing 911 RSR :

Almost forgot to post this from my favorite livery designer, a Wonder Woman F-Type Gr. 3 :

And the dynamic/animated Scapes of it :

More liveries later! 👍 :D

Normally, reducing the depth to -9 or -10 stops anything on the side of the wing bleeding through. Same for stopping things going from top to the underside. Increasng the angle (and maybe depth too) should help a layer go from the top right round to the underside, but will orobably also transfer it to the boot, bumper, wing support and who knows where else! So might be tricky to do. Prevention should be easier than fix in this case.

Sorry for the double post, but I really wanted to seperate out the advice into two different replies. ☺️
Reducing the depth... I might need to play around more with the livery editor because I have no clue what you're talking about, but thank you!:lol:

Very nice, looks great! Can you give me some tips on how to do the underside of the wing? Any time I put anything on the wing tips I get the decal showing thru and I can never seem to get it to layer properly so this won't show. I usually cover it up on the top fine, but can never get the underside.
Case in point:
If you get creative with the "align with camera" option when choosing your decal, you can place decals directly on the underneath of the wing. Then turn down the projection angle options to stop it bleeding around to the top and wing tips.

Case in point:
View attachment 691497
View attachment 682751

To place a decal on the underside of the wing just set angle and depth to 10, the wing is a separate piece so the decal will only show on the wing. You need to use a decal that can be mirrored with a horizontal flip.

Then cover the top with a block of colour, angle and depth set to 0 and 0 this may need to be adjusted on some wings as well.

How to trim end plates is already detailed, learning about projection area is well worth the time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back