GT Sport vs GT7 Graphics ~ How Is Nobody Talking about this?

• Thread starter Miroku
  • 96 comments
Release state no pre release. Of corse you will find a spot it is a bit more lit, but it should be more lit on daytime like it is shown. This is the next thing. Not all cars look the same inside. light wise, even the rear and side mirrows are per car diffrent in quality. I compare it only with forza to let you think about how gt7 can look like if it was ps5 only. After the psvr2 release we have 4 diffrent version of the game. And all based on a 10 year old engine.

And speeking of rain.
Try sf19 in cockpiview in the rain and you will see, Raindrops are glued to the car, thats a joke.
You fall for fake spectacular effects the Forza series is known for. It's their whole artstyle...

Now Gran Turismo respects the materials' properties, most of the times, it is doing stuff in a subtle way, just like IRL. The only thing that is sometimes exaggerated in this game is sun's reflections on car paint.

In this photo you posted, how and where do you expect the bounce to happen?

The car is a GT3 GTR full of black materials everywhere, the only thing that could make any bounce, is the carbon fiber on the middle of the cockpit, not even forza will be able to recreate this kinda lightning effect yet.

For your arguments, I took pictures easily representing the bounce lightning effect on cockpit view. It is indeed present in the game's engine, and it's a subtle effect by design.

IMG-9245.JPG

In this pic above you can see how dark the shadowed part of the cockpit looks. Bounce lightning is not happening here.

IMG-9246.JPG

Now look at this picture, the fancy brown leather seats bounce the sun's lightning onto the cockpit shadowed area. This is bounce lightning. It's still under the shadows but it's much clearer, because of the seats.

You need the sun to be directly lightning up something that will emit color like in this case too:

IMG-9244.JPG

On the MUSTANG ECKERT this is noticeable.

IMG-9248.JPG

Look at the center console, the buttons are BLACK PLASTIC. Insert Bounce Lightning:
IMG-9247.JPG

They look red, because of the seats being lit by the sun. Close-up:

IMG-9247 (1).JPG

Bounce Lightning is there, it's just realistic and not trying to get in your face.

Attachments

• IMG-9247.JPG
    IMG-9247.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
Imo the attention to detail has always been sup par when it came to GT, especially the interiors. I think GT series started adding mileage in the interior odometer in GT7 or GT sport? I never played GT S. Forza they had mileage in the odo since like FM4?

I play both Forza and GT7 on OLED TV's (B18 & CX). To me GT7 is only a little better compared to a 2017 Forza 7 game. Play that same Forza 7 game on a built PC (3950x + RTX 3080) and Forza pulls ahead. PD needs to make GT on pc so I can sell my ps5!

@Galvston
this what you show is direct light from the sun, was it bounce light the dark areas would be more lit. The release state was bounce light and even the suit colour bounced on the roll cache in the car and that got removed with a patch.
Sorry but you are not able to convince me

Imo the attention to detail has always been sup par when it came to GT, especially the interiors. I think GT series started adding mileage in the interior odometer in GT7 or GT sport? I never played GT S. Forza they had mileage in the odo since like FM4?
I wouldn't say sup par to be honest, Enthusia was better than PS2 era GT games when it comes to details sure but the 7th gen models were actually kinda alright in it's day, especially with some GT6 models looking pretty detailed. In few odd cases, those GT5 models looked even better than some current Forza's models (S15, R32 Skyline and various other JDM cars to name a few). Currently, both GT and Forza's models are decent imo.

Also btw i'm fairly sure the odometer worked since GT5 or GT6 but I'm not sure.

Either way, I don't really have that high standards when it comes to graphics clarity and polygonal details. As long as it looks good enough then it's good. Infamous Second Son and Drive Club still looks alright to me.

Last edited:
Infamous Second Son and Drive Club still looks alright to me.
And this is what i mean.
These games looks tone in tone, car/character model and sorroundings match perfectly together. Specialy Driveclub disc version on ps5 🦾🦾🦾

Last edited:
Ever since GT5 Prologue if I'm not mistaken.
Negative, I just tested two premium cars a 2006 Viper and LFA and they do not have automated odometers. PD got lazy and just used the test car's (picture) mileage for the odometer. My LFA has 41 miles, but the picture is 3876KM.

Last edited:
Yes the smoke is by far not the same like release. Lod is wors then release. Trackdetails are not the same. Cockpitview lighnting is not the same, it is way to dark and no bounce lightning in cockpitview.
View attachment 1227314
In my opinion they downgraded it because of the ps4 vs ps5 online issuse. We can talk the hole day, at the end it is not the same like it was teased.

Somethings wrong with your setup. Mine looks nothing like that

And this is what i mean.
These games looks tone in tone, car/character model and sorroundings match perfectly together. Specialy Driveclub disc version on ps5 🦾🦾🦾
Driveclub never got any sort of PS4 Pro enhancements, let alone PS5, so you're playing it exactly as a base PS4 in 2014 played it.

Driveclub never got any sort of PS4 Pro enhancements, let alone PS5, so you're playing it exactly as a base PS4 in 2014 played it.
Wrong. Disc version without day 1 patch runs nearly flawless in 60fps instead of 30fps on ps4 and 45 fps per eye in vr 1.

@Galvston
this what you show is direct light from the sun, was it bounce light the dark areas would be more lit. The release state was bounce light and even the suit colour bounced on the roll cache in the car and that got removed with a patch.
Sorry but you are not able to convince me
it's easily like what you describe on the Maserati Merak pictures.

Also, you must be blind to think it's the sun's light, look at the angle on the shadow, the sun is only hitting the upper part of the dashboard.

Last edited:
Somethings wrong with your setup. Mine looks nothing like that
this guy really pulled up with a 725x407 res image, that looks horribily low-res, to claim they reduced bounce lightning, when the whole car's dashboard is under shadows from the angle the sun is lightning up the car...

Sometimes this site is odd. This very thread makes absolutely no sense.

it's easily like what you describe on the Maserati Merak pictures.

Also, you must be blind to think it's the sun's light, look at the angle on the shadow, the sun is only hitting the upper part of the dashboard.
I some cases you are right but it was better with release code. This is the core of it. Dumb that i didnt saved it in the past. Then i could show it better.
I didnt notice the pictures are in compressed form. Next time i double check. But even realtime it looks wors then release

Wrong. Disc version without day 1 patch runs nearly flawless in 60fps instead of 30fps on ps4 and 45 fps per eye in vr 1.
Do I only have to insert the disc and skip all the patches?
This is a game changer, I didn't know anything of this. I still have a Driveclub disc, will it work?

Do I only have to insert the disc and skip all the patches?
Yes, and it looks and plays perfect. And so far i remember there is no patch. Digital version is complete but runs only in30fps and disc version is golden master state but runs in 60fps

Last edited:
@Artremis
You shure, it is tested maybe something wrong on youre side? Google it 👍🏻
Have you got some proof to say that the game is indeed running at 60 FPS on your side? I've been trying it for the last 10 minutes, and nothing changes, I still get 30 FPS!

Last edited:
People over at resetera have tested pretty much every PS4 game for framerate/resolution (including unpatched disc copies) - their results for Driveclub:

898DAF8A-BAF7-4AEE-9162-401658BD5EE8.jpeg

Driveclub has never been 60fps, I don't know where you're getting this from.

It can only run in 60 modded.
Have you got some proof to say that the game is indeed running at 60 FPS on your side? I've been trying it for the last 10 minutes, and nothing changes, I still get 30 FPS!
i tested it my self at ps5 release and it was 60fps playing it side by side with the ps4 pro. And there some vids in the web.

i tested it my self at ps5 release and it was 60fps playing it side by side with the ps4 pro. And there some vids in the web.
You cannot play it at 60fps without modding the console and the game. It simply isn't possible and was never officially supported.The game is locked, as in, fixed at 30fps on all consoles by design, PS5 included.

There is an unofficial patch that is out there which aims to run Driveclub at 60fps, but it's unofficial, requires modded consoles (running on FW 9.0 or lower if PS4, unsure on PS5) and you have to extract the game from the source files in order to apply the unofficial mod and then repack it.

Needless to say, it's not easy for most people to do and hacking the console means you cannot take the console (or game) online easilly without the console being locked by Sony.

Last edited:
You cannot play it at 60fps without modding the console and the game. It simply isn't possible and was never officially supported.The game is locked, as in, fixed at 30fps on all consoles by design, PS5 included.

There is an unofficial patch that is out there which aims to run Driveclub at 60fps, but it's unofficial, requires modded consoles (running on FW 9.0 or lower if PS4, unsure on PS5) and you have to extract the game from the source files in order to apply the unofficial mod and then repack it.

Needless to say, it's not easy for most people to do and hacking the console means you cannot take the console (or game) online easilly without the console being locked by Sony.
Hmm ok didnt know that. It runs so much smoother it looks way more fluid on ps5 then on ps4 so i miss judge it. Still great game 👍

Last edited:
Oh boy , I'm going to **** on this thread really hard by showing GTS had worst textures by comparing the ps4 pro GTS vs the base GT7 ps4 game ( Sold my personal pro when they spiked in prices )

Nah man you are crazy, GT7 track looks better in almost every way.

GTS PS4 PRO
fbX82db.jpg

GT7 PS5
jfGENH5.jpg

GTS PS4 PRO
Zfmh2qT.jpg

GT7 PS5
SdvK7kV.jpg

Also GTS had some of the lowest quality environment textures on some tracks that got some major upgrades in GT7. Like this one, you can't find any texture in GT7 that looks this bad on any tracks
LoGzJlz.jpg

Latest Posts

Back