GT4 on PSP!

• Thread starter Soman
  • 50 comments
Does anybody know where the PSP demo vids are online for free?

They've got them on IGN, but I'm not a member.:(

yup, it's an analogue "nub", as sony puts it, and the official release price, coming from EB and many other stores around the US (I work at EB, and corporate said they will NOT change the price again, unless it lowers...) is ~$250USD. The reason for 250 is because they are ONLY releasing the bundle version of it, instead of the ~$170USD non-bundled version. For some stupid reason the non-bundle got canned for the US, sorry to anyone who was hoping that they'd have enough for it and a game for only ~$200

The PSP has about 33million polys pers sec (twice the graphics power of a gamecube) But the PS2 has 66 million per second that aswell as the screen being 480x272 means the graphics cant be as a good the the Ps2s but still it should look damn good

Takumi Fujiwara
PSP will cost...get this...300 USD!

I'll still buy one, though....

AH, NO! my freind that runs an EBGames has them listed @ US $160 so get your facts straight. The first shipment is already accounted for at his store, and he said that they will receive the 2nd about a week later.

evolutionmb
AH, NO! my freind that runs an EBGames has them listed @ US $160 so get your facts straight. The first shipment is already accounted for at his store, and he said that they will receive the 2nd about a week later.
The post you're referring to is from May 2004. You should check the date before you answer a post.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

A lot of you are all wrong.

PSP will be 250 US.

GT4 will NOT look "as good" as the PS2 version, however, since it's on a smaller screen, it will appear that way.

There are NO SCREENS of GT4 on PSP. All screens are simulated.

tha_con
A lot of you are all wrong.

PSP will be 250 US.

GT4 will NOT look "as good" as the PS2 version, however, since it's on a smaller screen, it will appear that way.

There are NO SCREENS of GT4 on PSP. All screens are simulated.

Thanks tha_con... to continue that thought, those interested in the best info on the PSP should look at www.psinext.com or psp.ign.com

Also, at this year's CES show in Vegas, Sony listed it's 2005 PSP release titles, and GT4 Mobile was NOT one of those titles...

It's amazing that there are still some GT fans who do not realize that any GT game will come out 2 years after its initial projected release date :rolleyes:

Lemminkainen
It's amazing that there are still some GT fans who do not realize that any GT game will come out 2 years after its initial projected release date :rolleyes:
What I have seen say GT4 PSP will be released on 5/1/2005. But considering the GT4 release schedule, 2 years sounds about right.

I think that $250 price tag is ok for what you get:

...the Pack comes standard with a good number of extras that help make the purchase worthwhile, including a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case, and cleaning cloth. In addition, the bundle boasts a movie/music/game sampler UMD disc with non-interactive demos. On top of everything else, the first one million people to purchase a PSP in the US will receive a bonus UMD featuring the full feature film Spider-Man 2.

From psp.ign.com

anthonyfa18
do you think you will be able to link psp gt4 to ps2 gt4 by a usb wire. just like gameboy advance to gamecube???

That's an interesting thought, especially since that is part of Sony's vision for the PSP- to somehow combine PS2 and PSP version of a game. For instance, taking your saved game from the PS2, plunking on the PSP, and heading out the door to continue your game (somehow).

I wonder if the PSP and PS2 versions of GT will interact...

I bet the PSP version will be the only one online :crazy: (at least in the "ad hoc" networking sense)

redhed17
Cosmic wrote;

I would be extremely surprised if the PSP GT4 graphics were anywhere near as good as the PS2 version. The picture does say "Screen Image Simulated ". I just can't see a handheld device having enough power to run that quality of graphics.

Here's hoping, but I think it's wise to keep expectations low as far as the PSP GT4 is concerned.

the gameboy advance graphics sure looked better than 32 bit.

Double_R
the gameboy advance graphics sure looked better than 32 bit.

Have you seen any videos of the PSP in action.

Go to psp.ign.com They have tons of videos, and you will be amazed, I guarantee it.

I got my PSP with Ridge Racer. I'm not sure if it is the small screen, but as far as I can tell, the graphics look far ahead of the PS1 and equal to the PS2. The PSP is smaller than I thought it was going to be, but has a feel of quality to it. The screen is absolutely gorgeous and makes and other handhelds out there look like dog meat.

I'm absoultely stunned by the PSP. Great graphics, beautiful design and perfect ergonomics. My only problem now is that I have a Japanese version and can't read any Japanese.... but that should only be a problem until the US version comes out.

Back