GT6 continuosly freezes.

• Thread starter Komojojo
  • 53 comments
Komojojo_GT
I got my early copy of GT6 today, I put the disc in, spent a nice 25 minutes to check all the cars in the dealerships etc and then decided to take the challenges head on. On the second challenge, which happens to take place at Autumn Ring Mini, the console froze right when the race finished, just where the music cues in and the result are shown. The unit was very hot, no game ever made it reach that kind of temperatures I guess. I restarted it after I force close the console, and went back to the challenge, completed it, no problems. Jumped to the next one in Willow Springs, unit freezes again. Force closed it, again(!). Restarted the challenge, did the same, freaking again. I let the unit to cool down before I try again. I want to ask you if anybody that has the game experienced anything like this and if there is a solution like an aftermarket cooler for my console or a setting, anything at all. I hope this is fixable with a patch, I really really hope so. Because if it's not, I'm throwing both my console and the game out of the window right now.

I got my early copy of GT6 today, I put the disc in, spent a nice 25 minutes to check all the cars in the dealerships etc and then decided to take the challenges head on. On the second challenge, which happens to take place at Autumn Ring Mini, the console froze right when the race finished, just where the music cues in and the result are shown. The unit was very hot, no game ever made it reach that kind of temperatures I guess. I restarted it after I force close the console, and went back to the challenge, completed it, no problems. Jumped to the next one in Willow Springs, unit freezes again. Force closed it, again(!). Restarted the challenge, did the same, freaking again. I let the unit to cool down before I try again. I want to ask you if anybody that has the game experienced anything like this and if there is a solution like an aftermarket cooler for my console or a setting, anything at all. I hope this is fixable with a patch, I really really hope so. Because if it's not, I'm throwing both my console and the game out of the window right now.

Is there anything like a dust build-up, or a clogged fan inside the console? Nobody else is reporting this issue, and most of the people that have it are in the UAE, where I've heard it's quite hot.

I'm in Istanbul/Turkey and outside is like 5 degrees celcius, my ambient temp is like 20 to 22 degrees celcius. I don't think there is dust in my ps3 but I can check that, also my fan is definitely not clogged since it spins like a mo****fu****.

I'm in Istanbul/Turkey and outside is like 5 degrees celcius, my ambient temp is like 20 to 22 degrees celcius. I don't think there is dust in my ps3 but I can check that, also my fan is definitely not clogged since it spins like a mo****fu****.

Well I sincerely wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted.

It freezes two time, one was at a race in Autumn Ring in the finish line (not the mini one) and another one at the dealership, no crash or freeze happened to me after these two.

Last edited:
My fat PS3 started freezing randomly just like you described a few months before it got YLOD. I'd start backing up data if I were you (it's good practice to back up regularly anyway).

That's a second gen slim 320 gb, It's a year old. My first gen fat 60 gb had ylod so I bought this one. I seriously don't want to buy another ps3. Btw it did it again in the same exact spot.

That's a second gen slim 320 gb, It's a year old. My first gen fat 60 gb had ylod so I bought this one. I seriously don't want to buy another ps3. Btw it did it again in the same exact spot.

If the fans are running like crazy and the underneath of the console is super hot you have a detached heat sink and the cpu/gpu is overheating. Don't boot your console until it is fixed or you'll have to buy another one soon.

Well it was none of them, I was playing with the cockpit cam, I switched to the outside view and the problem didn't occur. That's such a weird issue.

Probably a obscure bug that will be fixed in an update soon. I expect we'll see lots of freeze bugs occuring once the masses get playing.

Just the same happened, crossed the line and it froze. Amateur cup - Grand Valley East
Console gen 2, but not warm at all.

Besides this, the game is amazing and fluent
Update: just completed the race again, no problem this time

Last edited:
Just the same happened, crossed the line and it froze. Amateur cup - Grand Valley East
Console gen 2, but not warm at all.

Besides this, the game is amazing and fluent
Update: just completed the race again, no problem this time
Offtopic: Did you preorder online, or are the stores selling it already?

Offtopic: Did you preorder online, or are the stores selling it already?
Bought in the local Carrefour, they even had the ps3 pack with GT6 and TLOU

Ontopic, I think it might be a problem with the payout difference in PP because the server is offline and wants to connect?

It will be interesting to see if this is patched in the day one patch(maybe they're already aware of its source code).

I have the same, game runs fine untill i finish. Guess it has to do with the day one patch. Ps3 has been on all day and it is just warm.

I can tell for sure that GT6 has problems with OLD PS3 60 Gb FAT models... it is the problem of console itself due to limited life/ overheating.... also due to that GT6 pushes PS3 at the max.... all you guys with old consoles.. be gentle with them, clean them from inside from dust and put new thermal paste on (the old one dry out after 5 years!)...

dont even think about getting into 24 h endurance races!!

Slim and Super slim has no issues with overheating... enjoy the race!

EDIT: but this issue you have must be an GT issue, you must receive a patch and it will be fine!

My case:

Brand new PS3 500gb just received THIS evening (PS3 + GT6 + TLOU Bundle http://www.amazon.es/PlayStation-Consola-Gran-Turismo-Last/dp/B00FMZVAT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386196437&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3 gran turismo 6 last of us)

Installed, watched the showroom, and raced the Novice Cup freezing in the same spot:
"Autumn Ring Mini, the console froze right when the race finished, just where the music cues in and the result are shown"

Reboot, tried that race and finished OK. Gone to next race in Grand Valley East, finished and frozen again at the same moment.

PS3 was just in the middle of a table, 23ºC, Brand new, no PSN. I was really pissed off until I saw this thread and realized it was nothing related to my unit. Can we send this bug to Polyphony or someone?

My case:

Brand new PS3 500gb just received THIS evening (PS3 + GT6 + TLOU Bundle http://www.amazon.es/PlayStation-Consola-Gran-Turismo-Last/dp/B00FMZVAT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386196437&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3 gran turismo 6 last of us)

Installed, watched the showroom, and raced the Novice Cup freezing in the same spot:
"Autumn Ring Mini, the console froze right when the race finished, just where the music cues in and the result are shown"

Reboot, tried that race and finished OK. Gone to next race in Grand Valley East, finished and frozen again at the same moment.

PS3 was just in the middle of a table, 23ºC, Brand new, no PSN. I was really pissed off until I saw this thread and realized it was nothing related to my unit. Can we send this bug to Polyphony or someone?
They probably already know about it. Day 1 patch. Except its day -1 at the moment :)

hello everybody !!! I have the same freezing problems. But at this point I am downloading a patch from psn.Lets hope that will fix these problems

I'm having the same issues with a slim 500 gig ps3.

It's always the same situation, race finishes and the game freezes, requiring a forced reboot. I highly doubt it's a console issue as its always the same conditions that cause it, so unless the game is causing massive loads on the console when ever it saves after a race (which would be a pretty big
bug) it must be an issue with the games coding

Bought GT6 this morning, was working fine but I am now getting freezing before the Grand Valley event In the Amateur Cup. The game freezes while loading with game installs on and again when I turned it off, tried to play Mt Panorama and it froze as well. I have now done 2 system restores, the PS3 is 2nd gen and definitely isn't overheating.

Never had issues before now, but this is seriously p*****g me off right now.

Froze again whilst starting the willow springs race didn't even get to the menu this time, this game is a massive disappointment. Was having fun but issues this bad are inexcusable...

Ok, bought the game today im from belgium so got the game 1 day earlier...all ****ing day freezing, at least 5 times restart the stupid software 1nd guess what...now my gtav also not starting up anymore... (not the console i know) you waiting for all those years for gt and what you get...some sickass nice foto rendered images (normal video but freezes remember) now ive had it, is this the reason why gt6 came for ps3 so that you guys can **** up all consoles so everyone has to buy ps4? Well i tell you, **** it, if by the end of the week no solution i slam everything to the wall ....so ****ing unfair, have everything, codghost, battlefi2ld4, fifa14, gtav ect ect ect...but this really pisses me off...never played forza, but im wondering...pffff ps: i know that almost everything here shares my opinion no guys?

I found out what caused my problems, the game froze for a few seconds at the start and finish of a race. I had custom music turned on, i disabled it and the freezes are gone.

I found out what caused my problems, the game froze for a few seconds at the start and finish of a race. I had custom music turned on, i disabled it and the freezes are gone.

Hmmm i do have a 7.1 tritton headset connected to optical...maybe i try that

Just had 2 freezes, Managed to complete four races before it froze again.

This is getting utterly absurd, no game I've ever owned has crashed this often, I can't even think of a pc game...

I refuse to play again until there is another patch, may try iceni's fix later today but I am seriously disappointed with PD over this. Luckily I have PS4 to keep me busy for the rest of the day though.......

Back