GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,321 comments
the same rig amaro
The... whatnow?
For the first time I think in GT7's life, it looks like we have a Gr.1 meta that isn't "919 for corners, 787B/R92CP/Sauber for straights".

It seems it's balanced like Gr.2, where you absolutely want a modern car but all the modern cars are somewhat competitive.

Except for the GT-R LM, that's still a joke, don't pick that one!
Mazda LM55? :D

Finally, a new combo in a Daily race! Gr1 is always a crapshoot but I am glad the GrC cars don't seem to be viable. When there's a mix of GrC cars and LMP cars it gets to a cluster funky.
It's about time! I wonder if someone lit a fire under PD's staff. Well, I can't waste any amount of time this week, so I need to get to work. What are you planning to do for the C races? I'll try the Sauber car first and see what level it performs. If I don't like my lap times then I'll choose something else.

I decided to use half of my last hour of freedom this afternoon before work to squeeze in one more Race C, given that I'll very unlikely participate again when I get home after 2am (we all know how that usually ends).

It proved to be quite the cursed race! Started 4th and I was happily keeping up with the front 3 for 4 laps, but I was struggling with dirty air and making no headway due to the pace of those Supras, so I ditched my Soft Tyres and unfortunately I ended up coming out of the pits right in amongst it, for one lap at least.

Between dealing with the later pitters and a fly (yes, an IRL fly buzzing around my head), along with my TV deciding to switch modes, and black out, mid-race (luckily on the start finish straight, so it didn't affect me very much), i really lost my cool. My second stint was atrocious, I kept losing the rear of the car, got a couple of wall-brush penalties and generally lost all my pace.

A decently well-known VQS driver was coming from the back of the pack, and he finally claimed my spot on the final lap, meaning a net loss of one position to finish this slightly frustrating contest in 5th.

Until next time, Bathurst (and Nemesis Fly).
i crashed in lap 8 of race C yesterday, because of a damn mosquito. i just removed my hand half a second from the controller, to smack the insect and as i looked at the screen, i was backwards and next to the barrier. i was in 5th´s position.

This weekend I had some time and I decided to only run TC0 and weak abs (I think most run this?). And I watched a few of the top videos, huge help! First half dozen races on TC0 spun me down to D rightfully so.
Depending on the car/combo my TC choice.
Some cars on GR.3 are undriveable for me without TC (hello Corvette!)

?????So in the ranking screen I’m 16,037. Is there a way to see total amount of participants ? I don’t care about my rankings, I’m just curious as to how many people participate total??
Not in GT7 but you can see it on Digits page https://dg-edge.com/events/dailies/104
Last week had a total of 47.524 players at Bathurst.

You can also check your stats there in the players section.

1725889010634.png

Depending on the car/combo my TC choice.
Some cars on GR.3 are undriveable for me without TC (hello Corvette!)

Not in GT7 but you can see it on Digits page https://dg-edge.com/events/dailies/104
Last week had a total of 47.524 players at Bathurst.

You can also check your stats there in the players section.

View attachment 1387991
Hey, I've never noticed this web page before, cool. I can keep track of how people participate in these daily race events. Yes, I have issues with the Corvette Group cars, that's why I don't use them anymore, plus it's rarely ever the meta car now.

@Charmantha OMG, a bug ruined your race. A gnat got me distracted in my 15th race at Sardegna, so bad I had to quit. It took a toll on my DR thanks to that stupid insect.

Hello, I just completed my first lap at Deep Forest. I shared it in the showcase under my rising_glass1 name. I used the WRX and clocked a 1'37.397. If anybody wants to take a look, feel free to. I may need some help and advice, I did break out MT once again since this isn't that long of a track. The downhill part before the first tunnel is tricky and anyone can lose their rhythm if they don't pay attention and stay focused on the track. That's why I keep my eyes on the road and not look at the timer.

Also, trying to perfect the sharp left turn is luck-based. It's like playing Russian Roulette. There's a lot of risk involved.

Last edited:
Had a daily A on my break today, obviously had some practice with that combo due the TT, but something weird happened.

My wheel felt really heavy and my LC pedal wasn’t registering fully, which meant I was missing the turns, luckily not taking anyone out.

Anyone else got any kind of bug??

(Apart from @Charmantha 😂)

Went onto Monza with 20 seconds to spare, didn't know what to pick so went with the 919 because I remembered Brazil. Turns out I was only one there save for Audi vs Toyota, and a straggler Mazda and Hyundai. Outclassed on the straights but got from 16th upto 7th. Could've been 6th but lost it at the lesmo. Will try that again, not bad.

Considering that I said I was going to quit race B on Monday last week because of some awful racing that day, I tried it again and it turned out to be a mostly good week. Yes, there were a few ups and downs and most races I was heading down the pack, but it was hard to improve when on many I was in pole. Those that I was not on pole I generally improved so I race much worse when in the lead....

Anyway, I improved my DR B rating from 44% to 75%. Not bad for five day's work (I didn't race weekend).

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 1.19.18 PM.png

This week I think I'll be skipping. I know, I know, I've said that before... :D

Last edited:
I like Fuji, I did many many many many virtual miles round it in a veyron.

It's an excellent lesson in throttle patience and trail braking to maintain speed.

I can TT the hell out of it.

But...

There are 2 sides to each coin. It's not a "fun" racing track. Regardless of car class the nature of the corners always invite the inside move (we can debate wether this is the fastest or best overtaking line another time)

Having thrown away 4 poles today 2 were suicide, 2 were assisted....and the clutching for a podium in the last race I started pole on and lost 3rd by 1/1000

I can see why this is a polarising track, it's really odd for me as I can claw my .2 off set back in t1 and t2 to the ghosts (tidge, some guy who's mega fast in Japan etc) but lose it all in the last 2 corners. But we are talking a couple of hundredths and a tenth or two. I just can't get in the throttle as early as they can or get the car turned as quickly.

The week will settle down and I imagine the novelty of the fast stuff will wear off quite quickly especially in the less than A lobbies.

I might actually do deep forest this week in random cars

I like Fuji, I did many many many many virtual miles round it in a veyron.

It's an excellent lesson in throttle patience and trail braking to maintain speed.

I can TT the hell out of it.

But...

There are 2 sides to each coin. It's not a "fun" racing track. Regardless of car class the nature of the corners always invite the inside move (we can debate wether this is the fastest or best overtaking line another time)

Having thrown away 4 poles today 2 were suicide, 2 were assisted....and the clutching for a podium in the last race I started pole on and lost 3rd by 1/1000

I can see why this is a polarising track, it's really odd for me as I can claw my .2 off set back in t1 and t2 to the ghosts (tidge, some guy who's mega fast in Japan etc) but lose it all in the last 2 corners. But we are talking a couple of hundredths and a tenth or two. I just can't get in the throttle as early as they can or get the car turned as quickly.

The week will settle down and I imagine the novelty of the fast stuff will wear off quite quickly especially in the less than A lobbies.

I might actually do deep forest this week in random cars
I actually don't think I could disagree more. Fuji is a masterclass of racing, any line you want to take through most of the corners is a viable one if there's a car by your side.
Plenty of times I have hung round the outside of a car in sector 3, limiting how far they can go on the exit and keeping the run on them. It's an amazing track.

I actually don't think I could disagree more. Fuji is a masterclass of racing, any line you want to take through most of the corners is a viable one if there's a car by your side.
Plenty of times I have hung round the outside of a car in sector 3, limiting how far they can go on the exit and keeping the run on them. It's an amazing track.
Re read my post mate. I like the track a hell of a lot and "implied" the easy line to overtake isn't the optimum one.

What I struggle with is stringing the last 2 corners. I have to compromise one for the other.

Racing is fine, it's a track if you let it teach you the cutback as you well know. T2 is dicey though as it's a balls to the wall coast and go one.

We are definitely not disagreeing.

Re read my post mate. I like the track a hell of a lot and "implied" the easy line to overtake isn't the optimum one.

What I struggle with is stringing the last 2 corners. I have to compromise one for the other.

Racing is fine, it's a track if you let it teach you the cutback as you well know. T2 is dicey though as it's a balls to the wall coast and go one.

We are definitely not disagreeing.
Only responding to
"There are 2 sides to each coin. It's not a "fun" racing track."
really to be fair. I think it's a really fun racing track precisely because of those reasons. Don't think there's anything better in racing than a track that lets you battle through multiple lines in multiple corners.

Only responding to

really to be fair. I think it's a really fun racing track precisely because of those reasons. Don't think there's anything better in racing than a track that lets you battle through multiple lines in multiple corners.
I agree, but there is a yin and a Yang?

I catch the top ghosts with a wider line in T1 or the down hill chicane.

In race there are multiple lines for each corner.

It's a great track, the racing can be great.

I'm not sure what we are disagreeing with here. I had 5 races 2 I threw away. 2 I was helped from behind to take a corner faster...and the last one I raced to the line with a 1/1000 split time.

I literally started my post saying "I like Fuji" for TT, for racing for QT for its technical sections???

I agree, but there is a yin and a Yang?

I catch the top ghosts with a wider line in T1 or the down hill chicane.

In race there are multiple lines for each corner.

It's a great track, the racing can be great.

I'm not sure what we are disagreeing with here. I had 5 races 2 I threw away. 2 I was helped from behind to take a corner faster...and the last one I raced to the line with a 1/1000 split time.

I literally started my post saying "I like Fuji" for TT, for racing for QT for its technical sections???
Very nice (new) time mate - into the 1:38's super impressive! 😎

Spent some time playing with wheel as last week's settings did not work at all on the GR3 cars lol. But when I got to where I like the feeling, had 5 laps of constant PB's 🥳 Had to stop for dinner lol but might play a bit later tonight once wife falls asleep 😂 Nice one dude!

1725912131215.jpeg
1725912141923.jpeg

Last edited:
Thankyou. And how about people with the 1 minute penalties? why do I in almost every race see people with 1 minute penalties. Meaning they have raced a bunch to get there, yet still miss the pits? Or same tires? What else can you get a 1 minute penalty for?
There is nothing else that I can think of that will net you a full one-minute penalty. Can't answer the 'why' part of it...no GOOD answer for that. Especially when you see the same driver do it more than ONE time. I went full dumb-ass once and did that...been paying attention ever since.

Then again, this is the same environment where people enjoy irritating others by driving like complete richards and ruining races because they can. Understanding it, elusive as that may be, will offer neither clarity or comfort.😁

:cheers:

i crashed in lap 8 of race C yesterday, because of a damn mosquito. i just removed my hand half a second from the controller, to smack the insect and as i looked at the screen, i was backwards and next to the barrier. i was in 5th´s position.
There's a thread for reporting bugs:-
😂

Had a good time at Bathurst last week. Its my best track and I had the week off work, so got more races in than usual. Managed to get my alt account to DR A for the first time.

Less time this week so might just chill in Race A when time permits. Did one tonight and it was pretty fun. Might have a go at B but I am terrible with the Group 1 hybrids so dont think C would be a wise choice.

I'm still missing the road or classic car option though. Just add a race D already.

Back