GT7, im really desperate for help with some matter.

• Thread starter KabaraQ8
  • 6 comments
Kuwait
Kuwait
Hello everyone,
Im kind of new in the sim racing and im enjoying with the GT7 i had so i bought a setup for sim racing it was a package i found including G29 and a shifter with racing seat attached with wheel stand .

The thing is i have noticed that the quality for the seat and that stand is not that good ,and the thing is that the steering wheel is not straight its kind of side way and i have looking into it and found that the problem with not with steering wheel ,it was that stand plate that i put on it , its not in a straight line, which is it makes the steering wheel a little bit in sideways
In my community i dont know guys in person who in sim racing so its hard for me to contact with someone would share me his experience, and im already learning so much with this amazing forum and i really hope if someone can give me an idea how to make that plate be straight i will share pics of it here
I checked that plate with bubble level and its not straight so if you have any ideas how to deal with it i would appreciated it
And thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20220331_183457.jpg
    IMG_20220331_183457.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220331_183457.jpg
    IMG_20220331_183457.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220331_183520.jpg
    IMG_20220331_183520.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220331_183545.jpg
    IMG_20220331_183545.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220331_183532.jpg
    IMG_20220331_183532.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 15
I don't have experience with gaming chair setups, i do however, have experience with sub-par products. It looks to me like you have a few options:

• bend the mounting plate up on the left and front to position the wheel properly
  • bend the mounting plate shaft back and to the right for the same effect
  • take the mounting plate to a fabricator or a friend who has tools and can either adjust it or make a new one
  • or, if you have the cash, get a new gaming chair.

The first two can be done with a hammer, vise-grip pliers or adjustable spanner and good ol' brute force, and are my go-to options.

Whatever you do, i hope it gets resolved so you can game in an optimal environment 😁

.....before you begin to pound, twist and bang up that rig, how about talking to the store you bought it from? ....or the manufacturer? Is that still an option at this point? How long have you had it?

I've had experience with subpar products myself but I usually just return them and get my money back. Sure, I've re-welded joints, re-drilled misplaced holes and "coaxed" parts into place on badly produced products before. ....but as a last resort.

.....before you begin to pound, twist and bang up that rig, how about talking to the store you bought it from? ....or the manufacturer? Is that still an option at this point? How long have you had it?

I've had experience with subpar products myself but I usually just return them and get my money back. Sure, I've re-welded joints, re-drilled misplaced holes and "coaxed" parts into place on badly produced products before. ....but as a last resort.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that as the equipment looks quite used..

But yes that should be the first option 😁

Edit: if it were me, a slight misalignment wouldn't bother me all that much, it's just an issue of whether the misalignment was worth the hassle of fixing it or not. Like the steering wheel in my car - slightly off centre, but not so much it's worth my trouble fixing it.

Last edited:
I don't have experience with gaming chair setups, i do however, have experience with sub-par products. It looks to me like you have a few options:

• bend the mounting plate up on the left and front to position the wheel properly
  • bend the mounting plate shaft back and to the right for the same effect
  • take the mounting plate to a fabricator or a friend who has tools and can either adjust it or make a new one
  • or, if you have the cash, get a new gaming chair.

The first two can be done with a hammer, vise-grip pliers or adjustable spanner and good ol' brute force, and are my go-to options.

Whatever you do, i hope it gets resolved so you can game in an optimal environment 😁
Thx bro for your help im really appreciate it i thinking for the first 2 options but im to break ruin it more or something but i need to try.
Anyway Thx alot brother.

I thought about it but the store policy is if i used the product i cant return it so its no longer an option i got.
But thx for your share though 😀

Back