GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

Its continued to confuse me how the dd+ is both the ‘official wheel,’ yet tacitly supported. Particularly, when the Logi was supported, right from the jump. (Despite both wheels top ends being truncated, and their dynamic ranges condensed). The idea of putting on a big, publicized marketing event, for a product whose job is literally to convey, the rubber meeting the road, would have been profoundly embarrassing.

…so here we are at my little deadline..which felt silly as a prediction made when it was much colder outside..

Can’t wait to see the next episode of disasterpiece theatre…. 🫣

Everyone jumping up and down with excitement about a new sizeable update and then Kaz comes into view to announce a new very exciting Vision GT car designed by a clothing brand or something, after a jewelry tried its hand around designing a car for some reason.
The crowd:
giphy.gif

Surely it's just a bop update to tie in the live stream? I hope for something bigger can't see why they would tie it into the event. Maybe some of the new cars mentioned too but I hope for more

The easiest July prediction of all (well, it's not limited to July) - disappointment from some.

Seriously, it will be the last Thursday in July.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 to be Revealed During World Series in Montreal on July 6

In a rather surprising turn of events, the Gran Turismo social media team has announced the next update for GT7, version 1.49, will be revealed during the GT World Series live stream from Montreal on July 6...
This could be the point PD stop regular monthly updates.

They skipped June to coincide with GTWS Montreal but whether that relates to a bigger than normal update is anyone's guess. If not it's a PR blunder not to read the communities expectations.

I also have big question marks over the August update as PS5 Pro is likely to be revealed late August/early September.

That presentation could focus entirely on technical improvements. That said the last time PD supported new hardware (PSVR2), the update came along with a substantial amount of content.

Honestly, if PD are hyping 1.49 for their GTWS event, I think we are getting a big update.

If they are taking such a grandiose approach to an update's announcement...logic dictates they're doing that with good reason. Unless, of course, they're not, and we're being tricked into getting hyped for it, but I won't believe that's the case. Yet.

Not necessarily so, this is Polyphony we’re talking about; nothing that feels like a given is a given. For example, in lead up to the July update for GT Sport back in 2018, they teased Circuit de Sainte-Croix on the basis of short videos without announcing any details; something they hadn’t done before (and haven’t done since).

I’m not sure they (Kaz included) are aware of what effect this has on the player base’s expectations, or if they actually care all that much.

Last edited:
This could be the point PD stop regular monthly updates.

They skipped June to coincide with GTWS Montreal but whether that relates to a bigger than normal update is anyone's guess. If not it's a PR blunder not to read the communities expectations.

I also have big question marks over the August update as PS5 Pro is likely to be revealed late August/early September.

That presentation could focus entirely on technical improvements. That said the last time PD supported new hardware (PSVR2), the update came along with a substantial amount of content.
Hopefully not. There is still so many cars that must be added if they are not focusing it to GT8. We still need many newer race cars, some cars to fill the hole like lancer evo vii and evo viii, corvette c5, infiniti g35, nissan r30, mazda miata nb, nc, mitsubishi fto, etc etc.

Also GT Sport has just killed last year and PD still don't have any announcement for the next GT. I think they should go full power to GT7 before GT8. 1 more year of regular update then GT8 announcement for 2027 should be good imo

Back