Gt7 online rankings

• Thread starter Jaky
  • 9 comments
Italy
Italy
I started a daily race and my rankings were CS:C
and CP:B, i finished the race and on the final table there was that my rank was CP D and CS:E. The game said my rankings were augmented but in the final ranking of the race but how did i go from B and C to D and E midrace?

Last edited:
I started a daily race and my rankings were CS:C
and CP:B, i finished the race and on the final table there was that my rank was CP:D and CS:E. The game said my rankings were augmented but in the final ranking of the race but how did i go from B and C to D and A midrace?
You didn't. Your actions during the race - driving clean or not for Sportsmanship Rating, finishing well or not for Driver Rating - resulted in your ratings changing after the race. That's how it works.

You didn't. Your actions during the race - driving clean or not for Sportsmanship Rating, finishing well or not for Driver Rating - resulted in your ratings changing after the race. That's how it works.
I know this but i dont know how to explain it, my rankings changed on the racing table. The game said they would increase and then i exit the final screen of the race and i see that my rankings are D and E. I didnt hit annone i did 4 of the 5 laps alone in 2nd position without any penalties...this is not right

i see that my rankings are D and E
A Driver Rating of E is only set during your first five races. After that it will change. There is no other time you'll see a Driver Rating of E (and there is no E for Sportsmanship Rating).

A Driver Rating of E is only set during your first five races. After that it will change. There is no other time you'll see a Driver Rating of E (and there is no E for Sportsmanship Rating).
I think there's rank E of sportmanship im sure about this im now D E

Honestly, I'm struggling to understand what you're asking here.

The game's online rating systems work the same way they have since GT Sport's Beta in 2016.

You gain Driver Rating from finishing well in races and lose it from finishing poorly (it's a complex system, but you gain DR from players you beat and lose it to those who beat you; how much depends on the difference between your raw, numerical DR score).

You gain Sportsmanship Rating by driving cleanly, without hitting other drivers or solid track fixings or driving off the track, and you lose it if you drive off the track or hit other drivers or solid objects. You can get penalties without affecting SR and you can lose SR without getting penalties.

One complicating factor is that your SR can limit your DR: you cannot increase your DR rank above your SR rank, and if your SR rank falls more than 2.5 levels below your DR rank the game "resets" your DR rank to match.

If your DR is low and your SR is low, you're either driving off track, hitting things, and finishing poorly or finishing well but your poor SR is stopping your DR from rising.

It doesn't change between races (except when you quit a race; it won't update until after the race has finished for everyone else because your new DR depends on everyone else's), mid-race, or at any other time or for any other reason than what happened in your last race.

Perhaps you could provide video or screenshots of what you think the issue is? Your console records everything you see for up to an hour, so it's a simple task.

Honestly, I'm struggling to understand what you're asking here.

The game's online rating systems work the same way they have since GT Sport's Beta in 2016.

You gain Driver Rating from finishing well in races and lose it from finishing poorly (it's a complex system, but you gain DR from players you beat and lose it to those who beat you; how much depends on the difference between your raw, numerical DR score).

You gain Sportsmanship Rating by driving cleanly, without hitting other drivers or solid track fixings or driving off the track, and you lose it if you drive off the track or hit other drivers or solid objects. You can get penalties without affecting SR and you can lose SR without getting penalties.

One complicating factor is that your SR can limit your DR: you cannot increase your DR rank above your SR rank, and if your SR rank falls more than 2.5 levels below your DR rank the game "resets" your DR rank to match.

If your DR is low and your SR is low, you're either driving off track, hitting things, and finishing poorly or finishing well but your poor SR is stopping your DR from rising.

It doesn't change between races (except when you quit a race; it won't update until after the race has finished for everyone else because your new DR depends on everyone else's), mid-race, or at any other time or for any other reason than what happened in your last race.

Perhaps you could provide video or screenshots of what you think the issue is? Your console records everything you see for up to an hour, so it's a simple task.
Im sorry that im making you losing some time but I really cant explain, i cant take a screenshot or video cause this happend this morning but the thing is that as you know before the start of the race when you see the grid you see near your lap time your rankings. And at the end of the race you see your position and near this you see the total race time and the rankings again. In the start grid my rankings were B and C and in the finish grid they were D and E. I drove clear and incresed my position but even if i had taken a penalty or if i had driven bad its not possible that my rankings change in the finish grid before i exit the race. I thought maybe its a bug and i restarted the game and console but this hasnt changed and its very frustrating

In the start grid my rankings were B and C and in the finish grid they were D and E. I drove clear and incresed my position but even if i had taken a penalty or if i had driven bad its not possible that my rankings change in the finish grid before i exit the race.
Yes, it is. That's literally where it shows the updated rankings, at the end of the race.

If you dropped that far it's because you drove off track and/or hit things (fixed objects, other drivers) a lot - penalties are not relevant - and your low SR has reset your DR.

That's how it works, and has done for eight years.

Im sorry that im making you losing some time but I really cant explain, i cant take a screenshot or video cause this happend this morning but the thing is that as you know before the start of the race when you see the grid you see near your lap time your rankings. And at the end of the race you see your position and near this you see the total race time and the rankings again. In the start grid my rankings were B and C and in the finish grid they were D and E. I drove clear and incresed my position but even if i had taken a penalty or if i had driven bad its not possible that my rankings change in the finish grid before i exit the race. I thought maybe its a bug and i restarted the game and console but this hasnt changed and its very frustrating
Did you do two or more races this morning and not finish all of them?

The only possible scenario that would explain your rating drops after finishing a clean race with a good result would be if you had started another race, quit it halfway through then joined another race before the first one finished.

As Famine said, the game doesn't calculate ratings until each race ends. If you quit a race, the rating drop from that (and any penalties you picked up during it) will be waiting for you even if you start another race in the meantime.

Did you do two or more races this morning and not finish all of them?

The only possible scenario that would explain your rating drops after finishing a clean race with a good result would be if you had started another race, quit it halfway through then joined another race before the first one finished.

As Famine said, the game doesn't calculate ratings until each race ends. If you quit a race, the rating drop from that (and any penalties you picked up during it) will be waiting for you even if you start another race in the meantime.
Ohhh i understand, yes i quitted some cause like people were pushing off and driving dirty. Thank you i now understood

Back