GT7 party at conference

• Thread starter MacAl
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
toomanysecrets74
Hey riders! I am co-organizing a business conference, it's about digital marketing and we decided to give the attendees the chance to experience GT7 in all its VR awesomeness (using the 8nm Fanatec GT DD Pro :)). The plan is that everyone interested get's the chance to do the same car on the same track for maybe two to three rounds, one for getting used to the track, two for timing. Fastest three laps of all drivers make it to the podium after two conference days. (And yes, there is an agenda besides GT7!)

I assume the mode should be time trial? And what combination of car and track would you choose? Avoiding motion sickness would speak in favour of the VW Beetle or similar, but on the other hand we want to fulfil people's dream of trying their luck with a powerful racing car. Overall I tend more to the simulation instead of arcade side of things.

I am curious about your suggestions, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey riders! I am co-organizing a business conference, it's about digital marketing and we decided to give the attendees the chance to experience GT7 in all its VR awesomeness (using the 8nm Fanatec GT DD Pro :)). The plan is that everyone interested get's the chance to do the same car on the same track for maybe two to three rounds, one for getting used to the track, two for timing. Fastest three laps of all drivers make it to the podium after two conference days. (And yes, there is an agenda besides GT7!)

I assume the mode should be time trial? And what combination of car and track would you choose? Avoiding motion sickness would speak in favour of the VW Beetle or similar, but on the other hand we want to fulfil people's dream of trying their luck with a powerful racing car. Overall I tend more to the simulation instead of arcade side of things.

Keeping in mind most people won't have played the game at all I'd advise keeping it as simple as possible. Tsukuba is a good track for being short and not too difficult to learn (brake 4 times) and an open top car can be good for the motion sickness element. Miata maybe? Or the XBOW for something a bit more fun, or perhaps the Radical?

Perhaps keep a bucket to hand just in case 😉

Tsukuba is a good track for being short and not too difficult to learn (brake 4 times)
Thanks! Couple of narrow bends though as I don't want to have any breaking or steering assist on which would ruin the feeling. What I would activate is breaking area, ABS and TC at default plus driving line. Red Bull Ring could work offering a lot of space for smaller mistakes (Except the first two 90° right turns, hehe).

Avoiding motion sickness would speak in favour of the VW Beetle or similar, but on the other hand we want to fulfil people's dream of trying their luck with a powerful racing car.
Generally speed and being enclosed is counterproductive for motion sickness - but if you're set on race cars try the Gr.3 Volkswagen Roadster VGT or the Gr.3 Suzuki Vision GT, as both are open-topped cars. The Suzuki sounds better and is more fun.

Mazda Roadster Touring Car. Stable, easy to drive car and should provide closer results.

Jerome

I didn't realise this was such a popular thing.

Red Bull Ring. Its whats on the simulators at Andretti's so some might have some experience with the track.

Atlanta, at night, in a gr3 911, or gr4 ferarri. I’d also keep a spotify, or apple music account logged in so they could play music.

Haven’t had a first time gt7 vr get sick yet with this combo.

Back