PSVR2 on PC

• Thread starter VR-SORN
  • 46 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
PSVR2 PC adapter on sale tomorrow. Remember to have a high quality DisplayPort 1.4 cable and compatible bluetooth adapter. Reviewer at Eurogamer is running late as had to order new bluetooth adapter as existing one didnt work correctly.

PSVR2 PC adapter on sale tomorrow. Remember to have a high quality DisplayPort 1.4 cable and compatible bluetooth adapter. Reviewer at Eurogamer is running late as had to order new bluetooth adapter as existing one didnt work correctly.
What is the bluetooth for if you are connected by cable?

Edit: Oh yeah, the controllers. I never use those LOL.

Oh yes forgot to say. Me too I have no use for the controllers. I cant remember if they are required to set up the PSVR2 for the first time or if they are not needed at all. Seems like Sony are maximising the connections capability so I will get a high quality cable (I dont know what that is but will spend £1 or £2 over cheapest!)

Anyone have a link to the PC Adapter? Or not until tomorrow?

Jerome

I cant remember if they are required to set up the PSVR2 for the first time
Yes, required for the first time, and later if you have issues with detecting the play area (mostly floor), it requires one controller to be lowered to the ground so that the VR headset "detects" the floor. Otherwise, I would just put them in a box in a basement.

But it sold out in 30 minutes.

I was lucky enough to get an order in. I'd check playstation direct, but the store did not update at midnight EST so who knows when they will be available there. Maybe tomorrow at some random time? Scalpers already scalping too. Don't know why Sony didn't let PSVR2 owners pre-order, or send out notifications or something. Sony being Sony I guess.

psvr2 pc adapter amazon.jpg

BWX

But it sold out in 30 minutes.

I was lucky enough to get an order in. I'd check playstation direct, but the store did not update at midnight EST so who knows when they will be available there. Maybe tomorrow at some random time? Scalpers already scalping too. Don't know why Sony didn't let PSVR2 owners pre-order, or send out notifications or something. Sony being Sony I guess.

View attachment 1378960
I can't even search for it. No listing comes up at all.. Not that I am worried. Not sure my PC could even drive it anyway so i was going to let the dust settle first...

Last edited:
For the adapter they should do a version which can be integrated into the PC, now it is a mess with more cables in every direction...

I can't even search for it. No listing comes up at all.. Not that I am worried. Not sure my PC could even drive it anyway so i was going to let the dust settle first...
I couldn't search it either, I just happened to see a reddit post with a link in time, but not sure how the dude that posted it found the link either. It doesn't come up in a search.
Not sure if my PC will work either, haven't upgraded CPU and mobo in years. But I do have an RTX 3080 so it might work on low settings. I'm well past due for a new PC build though, and was planning on building another one soon anyways. I'll probably will go with an RTX 4080 (or whatever they come out with next, like an RTX 5080) and a 7800X3D. I'm still on a core i7 6700K LOL but it still does pretty good, might not work with VR though. But I'm definitely going to try it.

For the adapter they should do a version which can be integrated into the PC, now it is a mess with more cables in every direction...
That would be nice, like a PCI Express card or something. But I'm sure it would be a tech support nightmare for Sony. If you have a video card with a USB C port, apparently you don't even need the adapter with the Steam app.

Now what would be really cool is if they eventually ported GT7 to PC and let you crank up the settings in VR. You'd probably need a beast of a PC to run it better than PS5 can though.

Tried to order one via the website of my local big store next to home, they have a dedicated space to hifi, tv, electronics, consoles and so on. We'll see. It was marked as available.

BWX
There it is on direct. Who knows how long it'll be in stock!
Thank you I ordered it even though like BWX my pc is probably not up to stuff.
BWX
Not sure if my PC will work either, haven't upgraded CPU and mobo in years. But I do have an RTX 3080 so it might work on low settings. I'm well past due for a new PC build though, and was planning on building another one soon anyways. I'll probably will go with an RTX 4080 (or whatever they come out with next, like an RTX 5080) and a 7800X3D. I'm still on a core i7 6700K LOL but it still does pretty good, might not work with VR though. But I'm definitely going to try it.
Similar, I'm not even sure what is in my PC. It was a hand me down from my daughter who built it up as a gaming rig (pretty high end at the time - five years ago) but when she had it, it was getting flaking and rebooting as random intervals. We figured the graphics card was getting flaky or it was the PCI connection. Whatever we tried it would flake out so we got her a new nicer gaming rig and i took this over. What ever it has it runs AMB2 just fine.

After completely cleaning and overhauling the rig it appears to be working for me and I don't think it has rebooted, having been left on, for many months now. I figured it if freaks out either I'll get a new GPU if the CPU is still decent or replace the who thing.

For EA SPORTS™ WRC they state: The following headsets are not supported:

PlayStation VR
PlayStation VR 2
Apple Vision Pro

I presume this is for their game of PS5 or MacOS. If the PSVR2 now works with WRC VR in Steam then I'll add that to my library along with AMB2 for PC. Trouble is, how will I find the time to play GT7, AMB2 and WRC???

Last edited:
Thank you I ordered it even though like BWX my pc is probably not up to stuff.

Similar, I'm not even sure what is in my PC. It was a hand me down from my daughter who built it up as a gaming rig (pretty high end at the time - five years ago) but when she had it, it was getting flaking and rebooting as random intervals. We figured the graphics card was getting flaky or it was the PCI connection. Whatever we tried it would flake out so we got her a new nicer gaming rig and i took this over. What ever it has it runs AMB2 just fine.

After completely cleaning and overhauling the rig it appears to be working for me and I don't think it has rebooted, having been left on, for many months now. I figured it if freaks out either I'll get a new GPU if the CPU is still decent or replace the who thing.

For EA SPORTS™ WRC they state: The following headsets are not supported:

PlayStation VR
PlayStation VR 2
Apple Vision Pro

I presume this is for their game of PS5 or MacOS. If the PSVR2 now works with WRC VR in Steam then I'll add that to my library along with AMB2 for PC. Trouble is, how will I find the time to play GT7, AMB2 and WRC???
Yeah no problem! It's "currently unavailable" so probably out of stock most places again now, at least online. five years is a long time for gaming rigs.. your CPU might be fast enough but probably not your gfx card, the opposite of mine. You might be able to just upgrade gfx card. For me I need to upgrade the entire thing except my gfx card. LOL

That program will tell you what's in your PC.

I guess this is off topic now except in the case GT7 someday gets ported to PC, people will probably want to run it on PSVR2 if they already have one. I can't imagine Sony would ever do that but there have been rumors they might someday.

hardwareinfo 2.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently my parcel is on the way... that's a bit too fast as I am leaving saturday... Hope they can retain it.

BWX
Yeah no problem! It's "currently unavailable" so probably out of stock most places again now, at least online. five years is a long time for gaming rigs.. your CPU might be fast enough but probably not your gfx card, the opposite of mine. You might be able to just upgrade gfx card. For me I need to upgrade the entire thing except my gfx card. LOL

That program will tell you what's in your PC.

I guess this is off topic now except in the case GT7 someday gets ported to PC, people will probably want to run it on PSVR2 if they already have one. I can't imagine Sony would ever do that but there have been rumors they might someday.

View attachment 1379101
Ok so how terrible is this PC?
Screenshot 2024-08-07 194212.png

Edit: I just saw that the minimum spec is the RX 5500XT and my RX 5700XT is above that, in fact it is close to the recommended specs so I may be in luck.

Last edited:
oh cool the adapter is out now

so what games on steam are people recommending that isnt in the PSstore
Half Life Alyx.

If people haven’t ordered the adapter yet you may be best waiting. Judging by posts in some other places there are some annoying Bluetooth issues. All depends on your PC hardware. Seems quite good once it’s all working.

Half Life Alyx.

If people haven’t ordered the adapter yet you may be best waiting. Judging by posts in some other places there are some annoying Bluetooth issues. All depends on your PC hardware. Seems quite good once it’s all working.
My pc didn't have bluetooth so I just ordered one of the approved ones (https://amzn.to/46DsmHb) for the PSVR2. It is $13 so not a big deal. I also had to order a DP 1.4 cable as well. Hopefully this will all be worth it for Automobilista2 in VR.

Half Life Alyx.

Im not in a hurry...TBH I was let down by the music in beat saber. Kinda just want to play a jail-broken version of beat saber with my own tunes mapped and can only do this on PC.

Are there any other VR racing games on STEAM?

Last edited:
Im not in a hurry...TBH I was let down by the music in beat saber. Kinda just want to play a jail-broken version of beat saber with my own tunes mapped and can only do this on PC.

Automobilista2
iRacing

And I believe Assetto Corsa is VR enabled. Not sure about ACC.

iRacing, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, ACC, Automobilista 2 are the main ones.
PC really is the best (and probably only in the future) place for VR racing.

Last edited:
I got my adapter today, ordered from playstation direct store yesterday so it arrived quick. However I need to source a displayport cable, pretty sure all the ones I have are in use with monitors but I'll have to check. I may try non driving VR games like half life alyx eventually but for now my plan was to just try it with automobilista 2. I wonder if you can skip the step of pairing the the hand controllers, I seriously have not touched them since the day I got my PSVR2 since until now I have used it exclusively with GT7 and my wheel setup.

Initial impressions from NX Gamer, he does not have the adapter yet but is able to test using the VirtualLink port on his old 2070. no driving games tested unfortunately.

He seems to imply the bluetooth step cannot be skipped, the controllers may be needed for the setup. I found a displayport cable so I will be testing later today hopefully, never used PCVR before so I'm sure I will have a lot to learn.

I don't have a PC, but I'd be interested to know if all games look as they do in GT7 or if other games have resolution like 4K screens.

Latest Posts

Back