GT7 Tokyo Expressway World Touring Car 600 event ..this is bugged right?

Hi Chris. Try this.

Sport Quattro Pikes Peak '87

PP599.99
Start with Racing Wet tyres. Fuel Map 1 until 7th Lap. 7th lap Pit In and change tyres to Racing Wet. Fill fuel to 6 or 7. Carry on Fuel Map 1 until Finish. Car steers well and is very stable. You can push it around corners and light on brakes. Reaches 173mph on straights. Should be a fun drive and an easy win.

468BHP
Racing Heavy Wet Tyres.
Body Height F 70 R 70
Anti Roll Bar F 4 R 4
Damp Comp F 40 R 40
Damp Expan F 50 R 50
Natural Freq F 2.37Hz R 2.75Hz
Neg Camber F 3.0 R 1.0
Toe Angle F Out 0.50 R In 0.50
Initial Torque F 5 R 5
Accel Sensor F 5 R 5
Braking Send F 60 R 60
Torque Distri 50:50
Downforce Lv F 100 R 171
Ballast Weight 200KG
Ballast Position Front -50
ECU Output Adj 77
Power Restricter 77
Turbocharger High RPM
Front Rear Brake Balance -2

Transmission
Final to 2.500
6th 1.367 / 300
5th 1.518 / 260
4th 1.908 / 207
3rd 2.516 / 157
2nd 3.373 / 117
1st 5.116 / 77

Last edited:
Hi Chris. Try this.

PP599.99
Start with Racing Wet tyres. Fuel Map 1 until 7th Lap. 7th lap Pit In and change tyres to Racing Wet. Fill fuel to 6 or 7. Carry on Fuel Map 1 until Finish. Car steers well and is very stable. You can push it around corners and light on brakes. Reaches 173mph on straights. Should be a fun drive and an easy win.

468BHP
Racing Heavy Wet Tyres.
Body Height F 70 R 70
Anti Roll Bar F 4 R 4
Damp Comp F 40 R 40
Damp Expan F 50 R 50
Neg Camber F 3.0 R 1.0
Initial Torque F 5 R 5
Accel Sensor F 5 R 5
Braking Send F 60 R 60
Downforce Lv F 100 R 171
Ballast Weight 200KG
ECU Output Adj 77
Power Restricter 77
Turbocharger High RPM

Transmission
Final to 2.500
6th 1.367 / 300
5th 1.518 / 260
4th 1.908 / 207
3rd 2.516 / 157
2nd 3.373 / 117
1st 5.116 / 77
Hey Max, that one did the trick! Thank you!
Managed to get first at my second attempt. First i tried the car with vanilla settings but the Pikes Peak is obviously tuned for rally.

So i lowered ride hight, added some toe out for cornering which is essential for this track i feel.
In rally cornering is mostly done with weight shift i think and/or ebrake... So you need some toe out angle to support with tight cornering.. not an expert but thats how it felt better on this track.
Also the car was on sports hard ...naturally.. :D

Last edited:
I didn't realize this race was considered hard, just thought it was hard for me. I actually haven't even finished it yet. I use the NSX rally car on RH/intermediate and typically manage to get up to 2nd before I inevitably lose focus and wreck (and rage quit). I think im going to try the road car now. I use a g29 with no assists (except abs) but I might use TCS if I have to.

Try Aston DP-100 VGT, very easy and stable drive.
This. But you must use it on manual shifting, if you don't shortshift, you will be slower, specially on the straight, as it has no power on the top end, it will be stuck in fifth gear at abou 270k, when you can get about 30k more going through the higher gears.
And the error for most people that find it hard is to use racing tires. They just bump the PP through the roof and we have to nerf the power to get the cars under 600PP, losing precious top speed.
Sports tires are fine in the moist track, while you can't go out of the dry line on slicks, which is hard when you are on traffic.
Not every 600pp car will do it, but a bunch of them can win.
Key notes are good top speed and gas mileage (specially cars that can get to a respectable top speed while shortshiffting it) and general balance to avoid the walls.
The aforementioned Aston Martin DP-100 on sports hards will do it without stopping on sports hards, just avoid the penalties and now the system gives us some more margin on wall brushing

Hi Chris. Try this.

PP599.99

468BHP
Racing Heavy Wet Tyres.
Body Height F 70 R 70
Anti Roll Bar F 4 R 4
Damp Comp F 40 R 40
Damp Expan F 50 R 50
Neg Camber F 3.0 R 1.0
Initial Torque F 5 R 5
Accel Sensor F 5 R 5
Braking Send F 60 R 60
Downforce Lv F 100 R 171
Ballast Weight 200KG
ECU Output Adj 77
Power Restricter 77
Turbocharger High RPM

Transmission
Final to 2.500
6th 1.367 / 300
5th 1.518 / 260
4th 1.908 / 207
3rd 2.516 / 157
2nd 3.373 / 117
1st 5.116 / 77
Awesome settings, worked 1st time. Thanks for the hard work that must have gone into that! The Audi was a pleasure to drive and hear 🙉 ❤️

Attachments

• 20221207_225129.jpg
    20221207_225129.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20221207_225225.jpg
    20221207_225225.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 78
As a GT veteran from the first game onwards and many tens of thousands of hours in game over the last 20 odd years... This race made me delete GT7 and move to AC.

It's obvious what's happened here, people were using this race to grind and Poliphony nerfed it by buffing the AI and lowering the entry pp. The only way you're gonna stand a chance is if you find an exploit. It doesn't matter how cleanly you manage the corners, the AI car in P1 an NSX 17 is performing way above pp600 and manages a top speed above that achievable within the points available, and corners like it's on rails regardless of road conditions.

This move from Polyphony is why I won't ever buy another GT or for that matter any game that requires you to be always connected.

Last edited:
As a GT veteran from the first game onwards and many tens of thousands of hours in game over the last 20 odd years... This race made me delete GT7 and move to AC.

It's obvious what's happened here, people were using this race to grind and Poliphony nerfed it by buffing the AI and lowering the entry pp. The only way you're gonna stand a chance is if you find an exploit. It doesn't matter how cleanly you manage the corners, the AI car in P1 an NSX 17 is performing way above pp600 and manages a top speed above that achievable within the points available, and corners like it's on rails regardless of road conditions.

This move from Polyphony is why I won't ever buy another GT or for that matter any game that requires you to be always connected.
How odd that you would create an account on GT Planet just to post how you think this one race was modified due to the Tomahawk exploit (it wasn't), comment that the only way to beat it is with exploits (several people have demonstrated that this is not true), and state that you dropped GT7 and will never come back to any game that requires a persistent online connection (even though that has nothing to do with this topic). Can you show me on this doll where Kaz touched you?

For the record, the AI difficulty, car equipment, and PP limit for this race has not changed once since its implementation. The only thing that changed was that they fixed a glitch that allowed normally ineligible cars to enter.

How perfectly unexpected that I'd get a response like this. I didn't say anything about the Tomahawk exploit, you did.

And if you didn't know it's been nerfed then you're showing your lack of knowledge.

And as for why I would join and post this, it's because I have as much right to post as anyone else... Deal with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
How perfectly unexpected that I'd get a response like this. I didn't say anything about the Tomahawk exploit, you did.

And if you didn't know it's been nerfed then you're showing your lack of knowledge.

And as for why I would join and post this, it's because I have as much right to post as anyone else... Deal with it!
You're talking nonsense by saying they've buffed things they haven't; do you expect everyone to gather around and praise you for it? It's not a fanboy response to call you out for making things up.

The race is plenty achievable without exploits, as has probably been demonstrated hundreds of times in this forum. Gallo is quick, but he pits a lot. It's more than doable.

Also quite funny you say you moved to AC to avoid unfair AI in GT7 when their AI happily have inhuman inputs and have far more grip than the player can. But I digress!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please grace us with your knowledge, then, of how the event has been modified since it showed up, including documented changes to the AI patterns or car selection, and restrictions on player-car PP use, as you describe. Please describe any other "exploits" that have been/are currently being used regarding this event.

You're right that you have as much right to post inane things as everyone else; I just find it funny that someone would go through the trouble of registering for an account for a site about a game they claim to no longer be playing, just to post such a claim.

For the record, the AI difficulty, car equipment, and PP limit for this race has not changed once since its implementation. The only thing that changed was that they fixed a glitch that allowed normally ineligible cars to enter.
But changes made to the game's physics and how PP is calculated overall (changes made in direct response to Tomahawk glitches and the like) have made certain non-glitched cars and tunes no longer very effective in this event. So, when the AI don't seem to be meaningfully affected by these changes, it's not surprising to feel as if the AI's been buffed.

On the flip side, the same changes have made other cars a lot more effective. This is one of the tougher events in GT7 so car selection is actually somewhat important (unlike the other three grind races).

Last edited:
just made with NSX17 with sports hard and racing transmission configured to 320 as limit… lv 1 refueling at the end of lap 6… easy…

The Integrale is a fantastic car for this race. So much fun to blast through the twisty back-section because it just hugs the road and wants you to push it flat out.

Back