GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

I'm having a problem with the transmission settings with the 458 Gr4.

I entered all the data and when I calculated I got the following results.
View attachment 1379969

The gear ratios obviously aren't right so I tried changing the Min Corner Speed Gear to 1st and got these results.
View attachment 1379971
Which look even stranger with a mixture of positve and negative ratios.

Then I noticed there's a spike at the beginning of the dyno plot which doesn't appear on the exported screen shot.
View attachment 1379972

View attachment 1379973

Any ideas on what's happening here? I used the recommended way of making the screen shot - share button, upload to playstation app then I saved it to Apple Photos on my phone then exported it to the desktop on my mac and uploaded to the calculator.

It’s the screenshot, so not use the power adjustment screen, use the ecu selection as per picture,
IMG_8624.jpeg

Hey, after reading this thread I realized a problem I was having with it generating transmission values.

I play GT7 on a 1440 monitor so it outputs at 1440. Any screenshot I take is also 1440 and it was giving me pretty wild numbers for my gear ratios. Once I read in here that the resolution matters for the screenshot I converted it to a 1080 image and it gave me numbers that actually work now. Just figured I should pass that info along in case it causes issues with anyone else.

Edit: If this is actually already mentioned anywhere and I just simply missed it, ignore me! =P

Last edited:
Awesome. Do I need to purchase again or is my original one ok to access this

*edit, seems like my email & password don’t work, so looks like I’ll have to register?

Last edited:
Awesome. Do I need to purchase again or is my original one ok to access this

*edit, seems like my email & password don’t work, so looks like I’ll have to register?
From the look of the email you purchased the lite version, Wouldn’t be eligible for discount, I’m afraid. The discount is only for the expert version.

Last edited:
Working on it. Should be a day or 2z
While you're working on the latest Excel version maybe you could have a look at this.

I noticed something in web app that apparently also exist in Expert Excel version and that's PP.
Except the description in Excel sheet doesn't match, it's the same as tire size.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-13-23-07-53-14_87869c5c71fa0655e350912352595c23.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-13-23-07-53-14_87869c5c71fa0655e350912352595c23.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
A bit of an ask but if we’re not using a custom transmission could the default gear ratios and final be already set when the car is selected? Entering them in is a bit tedious

A bit of an ask but if we’re not using a custom transmission could the default gear ratios and final be already set when the car is selected? Entering them in is a bit tedious
Hmm, at the moment no. But maybe in future builds we could look at using optical character recognition to fill in all of the fields.

August 2024: GT Pro Tune is now live!!
www.gtprotune.com

May 2024 Edit: The app is nearing completion, if you sign up now you will receive a discount on the app when released.

Back in March 2023
I have developed a tuning calculator for gt7, spring rate, dampers, gear ratios, dyno plotting and LSD setup are all automatically calculated. If you would like to download a copy please see bottom of this post Or in my signature.
Any questions are welcome. Please note all updates to this calculator are part of your initial purchase. Remember to sign up with your email to receive the latest updates when they are released. If we get enough supporters this will eventually migrate to an iOS and android app.

And for anyone interested in the equations: it takes into account suspension travel, force applied under load, lever ratio and without giving away too much the following formula is applied; K = Spring Rate in N/m.
1/2piSqrt(K/M)
It works on a table of every car in GT7 so that when a car is selected, the drivetrain type automatically is picked up for the un sprung weight calculation.

Give the free trial a go on the website, it’s obviously only part of the full downloadable premium version but it gives you a feel for it.

www.gt7tuningcalculator.co.uk

I am bit lost on what it’s doing? So I tuned a BMW 3.0 CSL, to 500pp comfort medium. Only has sports suspension on it. The thing is very tricky to take corners, back end keeps coming around if you’re more than half throttle and even then sometimes it just goes. But from what I understand this app would require me to always buy full customizable suspension?

I am bit lost on what it’s doing? So I tuned a BMW 3.0 CSL, to 500pp comfort medium. Only has sports suspension on it. The thing is very tricky to take corners, back end keeps coming around if you’re more than half throttle and even then sometimes it just goes. But from what I understand this app would require me to always buy full customizable suspension?
The app does require fully customisable suspension to make the out of the setup, however it can be tweaked to use sports suspension.

Show me screenshots of the ps settings and the app setup that you have done, I will try and advise best solution.

The app does require fully customisable suspension to make the out of the setup, however it can be tweaked to use sports suspension.

Show me screenshots of the ps settings and the app setup that you have done, I will try and advise best solution.
I haven’t used the app, I was curious what it was all about. I’ll just have to buy fully customizable suspension and tune it that way. I can get it close enough.

Apologies for the long delay in releasing the final version of the gt7 tuning calculator. I am working on this and it should be ready soon, just had a lot going on these last few weeks.

I went to sign up for the app to give it a try on the 7 days free but it appears I signed up before and then forgot about it so can't use it.

Before I sign up, how well does the app work on an iphone as I don't have a convenient computer near my rig? Also between the lite and advanced subscriptions what does the advanced transition settings give you over basic and what does tractive graph mean and do?

Before I sign up, how well does the app work on an iphone as I don't have a convenient computer near my rig? Also between the lite and advanced subscriptions what does the advanced transition settings give you over basic and what does tractive graph mean and do?
Works fine on both iPhone and ipad

I just purchased a license and either I’m doing something wrong or the gear calculator is very broken.

I’m getting similar, impossible gear ratios, for several cars now.

IMG_8485.jpeg

For this I entered:

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 12.39.24 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 12.40.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 12.41.44 AM.png

For the min corner speed I really don't know what to put here. Is this supposed to be the slowest corner for a particular track? For a general set up what would be a reasonable value?

Anyway, this produced:
Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 12.44.35 AM.png

Also what is up with the tractive charts speed going up and over 1000 mph?

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 12.46.22 AM.png

This is for the technical setting. If I select Fast setting I appear to get 60 / 60 / 48 for he LSD for all rear drive cars I've tried so far. That seems suspicious. What's up?

Attachments

• IMG_8488.png
    IMG_8488.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8487.png
    IMG_8487.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8486.png
    IMG_8486.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
I just purchased a license and either I’m doing something wrong or the gear calculator is very broken.

I’m getting similar, impossible gear ratios, for several cars now.

View attachment 1384127

For this I entered:

View attachment 1384131View attachment 1384132
View attachment 1384133

For the min corner speed I really don't know what to put here. Is this supposed to be the slowest corner for a particular track? For a general set up what would be a reasonable value?

Anyway, this produced:
View attachment 1384138

Also what is up with the tractive charts speed going up and over 1000 mph?

View attachment 1384139

This is for the technical setting. If I select Fast setting I appear to get 60 / 60 / 48 for he LSD for all rear drive cars I've tried so far. That seems suspicious. What's up?
From the screenshots it looks like you are having the same problem I had. You need to take the dyno graph screenshot from within the ECU screen not the 'Output Adjustment' or 'Power Restrcitor' screen. See posts #1260 & #1261 above. It seems that the graph is displayed in a different place for each screen and if you use either the Power Restrictor or Output Adjustment dyno the calculator can't read it correctly.

From the screenshots it looks like you are having the same problem I had. You need to take the dyno graph screenshot from within the ECU screen not the 'Output Adjustment' or 'Power Restrcitor' screen. See posts #1260 & #1261 above. It seems that the graph is displayed in a different place for each screen and if you use either the Power Restrictor or Output Adjustment dyno the calculator can't read it correctly.
Thank you! That helped. After 18 months playing this game, I'd never realized that there was an ECU chart (or I'd forgotten). I'd always got this from the output adjustment before.

Back