GTP_GT916
Nii916
1968-1974 Chevrolet Nova SS nominated by @Dagger311
25e7d862306d764e8f62d7b0957b9330.jpg

Engines: 350 ci (5.7L) V8, 396 ci (6.5L) V8
Power: 350: 300 hp; 396: 375 hp
Torque: 415 lb-ft.
Weight: 1498-1590 kg
Transmission: 2-speed automatic, 3-speed automatic, 3-speed manual, 4-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Nothing, really. It followed the standard "Huge engine in a small car" ideology of building pony cars at the time."​
1.jpg
3.jpg

Image1.jpg

Chevrolet_Nova_SS_350.jpg

Nova_SS_396_Black_11.jpg

Lesser known muscle car over this side of the Atlantic.

But has all the qualities and looks of a muscle car. Cool.

A lesser known muscle car is generally cooler than the Big 3 ones.

Also:
no_zps66838be3.jpg

Oh, I thought it could have been something towards the Vauxhall Nova, but that was like, 20 years later:
1992_Vauxhall_Nova_5-door.jpg

Same joke applies there, which is why it became the Corsa I believe?

Anyhow the Chevvy Nova... Uncool. It's just ugly and weirdly proportioned. Could just be being this side of the pond, but I'd have to wonder why someone would have bought one of these instead of the better known - and much better looking - Muscle Cars. (I'm sure if I said "proper", I'd get lots of words and displacements quoted at me in strange units)

What joke?
It blows up like a superNova...

and it still doesn't go.
Oh, I thought it could have been something towards the Vauxhall Nova
Wouldn't work outside the UK.

which is why it became the Corsa I believe?
Opel version of the same car was called Corsa, before the Vauxhall model was, and when the GM Europe decided to use same names with both the Opel and Vauxhall, Nova was renamed Corsa. I'm not sure, why the chose the Corsa over Nova, though, but as Opel sells cars in Spain, it wouldn't be surprising if that was the reason.

Last edited:
Great little muscle cars. Rather unassuming looks, have to look for the fender badge to see what you are lining up against at the stop light.

That, and painted steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps make a solid Sub Zero.

I like these. It helps that I have a friend who owned one in the early 70s. I'm told that these handle quite well for a muscle car, even on the original bias ply tyres.

These were essentially Camaros with ugly bodies put on top for much less money, but they got hit a lot harder by "The 1970s" than the equivalent Duster/Dart did.

Manages to be different from the standard muscle car crowd without being ostentatious. Cool.

Solid cool, stocky muscle car in a pony car-sized body, around the time that Mustangs and Camaros were getting bigger and bigger. Stands out from the crowd.

Seriously Uncool. Had it been Vega Cosworth, it would be at the other end of the spectrum.

Back